Endgame Gear Question

My question is somewhat multi-faceted. It has to do with endgame gear and what I should be striving for if I want to run operations with my guild. I've been hearing that it's best to just go for the pvp gear that you can do dailies for, etc., rather than trying to do the Hard Mode Flashpoints. At the risk of asking for too much, can someone answer that, break it down, and explain the process?

Also, I'm wondering about loot that has dropped so far for people already doing the operations. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone has seen any armor plate mods drop. The reason I ask is because of the quote I'll post below from the Community News, "Some clarifications on item modifications”:

“Letting players extract the armoring mod from the purple items would trivialize end game gear progression and stop rewarding successful and dedicated players for their efforts. So, instead of letting that happen, we prevented the Armoring, Hilt and Barrel from being extracted, but we also made sure of dropping purple Armoring mods of equivalent power as Operation loot. This means that players going the mod route can still take their favorite orange armor and make it as good as a operation purple armor (with some temporary caveats).

To put it simply, we want moddable items to offer an alternate and optional loot system that allows players to customize their look and their stats with more freedom and without penalty for doing so.”

I've grown rather accustomed to the cosmetic I have for my orange/moddable gear and being able to get a good armor plate mod to upgrade my current gear to be as good as a operation purple armor at some point is very appealing to me.

Thanks for the time and hopefully answers. ;)

So, some may argue that the only way to gear for endgame gear is to do PvP. Although that may seem the easiest route, what people need to realize is that they gimp themselves with certain stats. Expertise is what makes PvP gear...PvP gear, so it lowers the other stats.

If you have the credits, the superior or critical crafted gear is what you should aim for. Also if you have modded gear, you can fill them with daily award mods/armor/hilt/augment.

Today I found out I can craft better mods than what is awarded off the Heroic 2-Mans. I make the ilvl 22A mods rather what is awarded which is only the ilvl 22.

I will test the armoring also but I'm guess that it maybe the same making crafting viable. In the forums, some say it isn't. Just credit and time consuming.

But if you want the best stats for end game that is the way to go.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, from what I've been reading, the armor plates and mods that cybertechs can make end-game aren't as good as the inherent armor value that comes with the purple pvp/pve gear, and I haven't been able to get a purple mod in RE-ing yet, so can't really confirm either. But the fact that the developer said that purple armor mods would be dropping in the Operations that would make fully-moddable gear as good as the purple operation gear, makes me think that I can't craft an armor mod that will be just as good.

I'm still curious if anyone has seen one of these drop in the operations yet though. Any other thoughts?

My question is somewhat multi-faceted. It has to do with endgame gear and what I should be striving for if I want to run operations with my guild. I've been hearing that it's best to just go for the pvp gear that you can do dailies for, etc., rather than trying to do the Hard Mode Flashpoints. At the risk of asking for too much, can someone answer that, break it down, and explain the process?

Also, I'm wondering about loot that has dropped so far for people already doing the operations. Specifically, I'm wondering if anyone has seen any armor plate mods drop. The reason I ask is because of the quote I'll post below from the Community News, "Some clarifications on item modifications”:

“Letting players extract the armoring mod from the purple items would trivialize end game gear progression and stop rewarding successful and dedicated players for their efforts. So, instead of letting that happen, we prevented the Armoring, Hilt and Barrel from being extracted, but we also made sure of dropping purple Armoring mods of equivalent power as Operation loot. This means that players going the mod route can still take their favorite orange armor and make it as good as a operation purple armor (with some temporary caveats).

To put it simply, we want moddable items to offer an alternate and optional loot system that allows players to customize their look and their stats with more freedom and without penalty for doing so.”

I've grown rather accustomed to the cosmetic I have for my orange/moddable gear and being able to get a good armor plate mod to upgrade my current gear to be as good as a operation purple armor at some point is very appealing to me.

Thanks for the time and hopefully answers. ;)

If you want to follow an easy, fun, less frustrating and less time consuming route to gear up for operations just do daily and weekly pvp quests.

After running Hard mode flashpoints I have realized that it is just not worth it as many bosses are bugged, takes more time and tries and tradeoff with what loot we get isnt just worth it.

I was able to gear up for hard mode eternity vault in 3-4 days by doing pvp and buying very few things from Auction house (top level mods). Also regular Eternity vault is much more easier. We finished EV and Bonethrasher in less than 1.5 hours yesterday. Lots of drops and easy gear. So why waste time on Hard mode flashpoints.

I personally will do it when they have any achievement system in place for running hard mode FPs.

Cool, thanks for the info. That sounds about what I was thinking based on vibes I've gotten from reading this and that.

I'm still hoping someone will reply if they've seen an epic armor plate or mod drop in the operations yet. :p C'mon, I know you are out there. ;) Unless it just hasn't dropped yet. I guess I'm trying to confirm what the developers said and see if fully moddable gear can be made to be as good as purple operation gear with these mods that are supposed to drop in operations.