12 ammo equals 96 heat

KhamG

So why does a bounty hunter have 100?

I really don't want to be complaining but it is extremely hard for me to just write this things off as random errors. BH and Trooper are mirror classes right? So why the hell does one of them start with 4% more resources!!:confused:

Just another of those small things that benefit the Empire side I guess. I just hope it doesn't affect regen rates but given that they work as a function of how much resource (as a percentage) you have spent it very well may. And they must know it which pisses me off:mad:

I guess having heat run from 1-12 was too easy.

I guess I should have just posted my initial work. One cell lis equal to 8.3 heat, rounded down to just eight. You can't have half of a cell.

Because copying-and-pasting a number is hard so one side has to live with 4% lesser resource from rounding-down huh.

For all we know they show 12 but its in fact 12, something.

Just test it. Spam the same attack continuously over X time (ideally flame sweep and the vanguard counterpart, since they do not require a target) ideally 2-3 minute and see how much each managed to cast. I'm wiling to bet numbers will be equal.

Because copying-and-pasting a number is hard so one side has to live with 4% lesser resource from rounding-down huh.

I agree that it makes sense to simply make it 10 Ammo and simply have each ability cost 1 Ammo/10 Heat, but so what if it's not like that? Bounty Hunters cannot fire more shots than a Trooper due to their resource bar.

This just furthers the obvious sign that two different development teams made Empire and Republic and never bothered talking to one another. How else could these glaring differences emerge? It was like they were making two different games, then mashed them together. Epic fail.

This just furthers the obvious sign that two different development teams made Empire and Republic and never bothered talking to one another. How else could these glaring differences emerge? It was like they were making two different games, then mashed them together. Epic fail.

Yeah I bet that's how it all went /facepalm

I have a lvl 44 powertech, a 46 vanguard, and even a 50 & geared commando.

There is no difference in resource gameplay.

i throw the BS flag.

by the math it seems to be the same, however it is far easier to manage heat on a BH then the ammo on a trooper.

The issue is at the regen change rates you have more of a grace period on a BH because you can go from 39-40% heat you have the smaller incriments for the game to "see" the exact percent where as you need a full ammo cell to do the same thing on a trooper so you have an easier time on a BH. remeber 1 ammo = 8 heat so you have 8 incriments of heat to change from say 3 arrows of regen to 4 on BH to the 1 ammo cell of a trooper.

Heat is far easier to manage then ammo for that reason.