Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Check out our recruitment videos!

<Pax Dominus>

<Pax Imperius>

What is the Pax Gaming Community

Pax Gaming is a collection of community minded members committed to enjoying games of all sorts together. The community has been around since 2001, and has been experiencing games together ever since. We are a community first, and a game aspect later. This means that we fully support all playstyles including PVE, PVP, and RP. Our interests are not focused on a single game, but includes many MMO's as well as tabletop, shooters, and more. Who a recruit is as a person weighs more heavily than any other consideration. We are a group of friends, family, and like minded geeks. Many of our members have met up in the world, and at conventions you can expect to see a table or two with Paxians. While our numbers steadily grow over the years, the quality of our family remains our single largest benefit.

Pax hosts our own server for teamspeak as well as our forums. We have an organized charter that outlines a very simple yet definitive set of rules to maintain the level of community we wish to provide. While we strongly encourage participation in roleplay, no single element of a game is enforced. Our concern is for our members to enjoy gaming together. That being said every division of Pax Gaming has origin stories, roleplay officers, and event planners. We also promote and support officers in charge of pve and pvp content as well.

In the end our name best describes who and what we are. Pax is a community, above everything else. It is a common phrase for us to state that we recruit the player, not the "toon".

Why join Pax Gaming

Community

Many Pax Gaming members call Pax their second family. We cherish the members we have developed over the years and our cohesion quickly becomes apparent whenever we begin approaching content. Our drive is cemented in an environment where members can explore progression, role-play, and player versus player gaming competitively. Time and time again the Gaming Community has been able to achieve these goals while maintaining a community first mindset. A game is played to have fun, and this family provides opportunities for varying playstyles to flourish.

Longevity

Pax Gaming has been around since 2001. Since that date we have had successful guilds in many MMO's, Pax Gaming has never disbanded, and never has been without at least one MMO our members have been playing. We will stay in an MMO as long as it's members are there, we will not shut down a division just to move to another MMO. If you are looking for a guild that isn't just a rest stop to another goal, this is the home for you. If you like mature members that are socially active outside of raid nights, this is your guild. If you think achieving content progression does not require yelling and degradation, look no further.

This will NOT be a guild that folds. Our SWG Chapter of Pax Imperius stayed active and going strong since the servers first opened. We remained active through the games turbulent history. Pax remained there until the game itself was shut down. Over the last eleven years Pax has remained strong and active.

Opportunities

Pax has always looked at each members contributions to their division and community fairly. A member advances through effort and not through a veteran system. We have leaders and officers that have been with Pax Gaming anywhere from a couple of weeks, to eleven years.

We have opportunities to move up in rank, even by newer members. We have a history of giving dedicated members a chance at being in a leadership position if they show the dedication and drive, no matter how long they have been a member of Pax. We are not a guild who shows favoritism to our “veteran members”.

Family

Pax Gaming always recruits the individual. We're always looking for those who will fit well within our family. This means we are never looking for your chosen playstyle, "level", or gear. We are interested in growing our collection of high quality members. We are here to recruit you, not your "toon".

Above all Pax is a family and you will form friendships within our guild. Many of us have become RL friends, traveling to meet up with each other when we can and one of our members even hosts a New Years Eve party where all Pax members are invited.

All Play Styles

We support all play styles. Role-Play, Raiding, PVP, Crafting, you name it, all of our divisions support it. We have been doing it since the launch of Star Wars Galaxies we know what works and doesn't when it comes to all encompassing

Experience

Our members have years of experience in RP, PvP and PvE in a variety of games. Many of our members are held in respect on their respective servers. Pax members are always willing to give advice and a hand if you need it.

More than a Single Game

Pax Gaming is eleven years strong with hundreds of members spread through different gaming divisions:

Pax Imperius : Sith Faction - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pax Dominus : Republic Faction - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pax Infinitus : Star Trek Online

Pax Emunio : Eve Online

Pax Illuminatus : Rift

Pax Thalion : Lord of the Rings Online

Pax Praesidium : Guild Wars 2

Pax Concordia : PlanetSide 2 (Planning stages)

Pax Agnitio : The Secret World

Dead Prezidents : A casual first person shooter clan for Pax Gaming members

Pen and Paper : Pax has games running on our Teamspeak server and on virtual tables in Shadowrun, Pathfinder, Dnd, Dark Heresy, and hybrid or home made rulesets. New games are created and led all the time, with varying times and days as well as systems.

What is this Charter You Speak Of?

Our Charter is a ‘living document’ that out lines our guild structure, Chain of Command, Rules of Engagement, Codes of Conduct and general guild rules. You may view our charter here

How do I join

First you will need to go http://www.paxgaming.com to register with the Pax Community.

Our application process is a two week application period, during this two week period you will interact with Pax Gaming members and make sure you are a good fit for our guild. This two week period is also here to help you determine if our guild is a good fit for you.

Full instructions on joining Pax Gaming can be located here

Edited by LordNivaro
Update

OK. I am currently in the application processing stream with Pax, and I was asked to come here and share my thoughts about the process and the group.

*mandatory disclaimer* I am providing this statement of my own free will. There is no one holding a blaster or light saber to my head. My posting here in no way constitutes any official endorsement of this organization. Comments here are my sole opinion, and may differ from that of others*

THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY- RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!

No seriously, the process is... unique... but quite a bit of fun. It's designed for you to get to know the members of Pax, not just the characters they play in game X. It's also designed for them to get to know you. If you love gaming, want to consider being with a social, cooperative group of like-minded people, then really, you should consider applying.

Just... if you do... think of it as a lot like frosh week...

Hi all I am in the recruitment phase and I am having a lot of fun with the questions and have lerned that this is definetly a place for me. The people I have come in touch with have been great and have made getting to know them fun. I hope that they are thinking the same about me. I look forward to seeing them ingame and running with them. Take care and see you in game

Want to take your gaming experience to a whole new level...

Of course you do, and so did I. Gaming is a lot of fun, but the experience is definitely enhanced when you play with like-minded people. For many years I would play solo, or occasionally join the always risky "pick up group" to get through a tough spot. I would even play with RL family and friends, but modern day schedules are hectic and it's hard to always sync up. Indeed, one of those RL friends recommended PAX to me. I won't lie, my experince with PAX has been less than two weeks, but that has been more than enough time to realize that this is a truly genuine gaming community. This is more than just a guild.... more than just a band of Raid-crazy, Loot-driven, goons, who only value your toon, your level, or your gear. This is a true gaming family, that emphasizes values, and fair but spirited game play. Not only does PAX take an avid interest in getting to know and welcoming new members, but they also take pride in helping to ensure that PAX is right for you. So if you value a mature and fun spirited gaming environment and you want to share your joy for gaming with a bigger community.... then come check us out. I'm Madmizer, and I look forward to meeting you.

I'm currently in the recruit stage of the Pax Application process and I fully endorse these wonderful people. The website is always full of hilarious conversations, the topics of we newer members are always reviewed and participated in and the members of both Dominus and Imperius are friendly in-game as well. Great group of people can't wait to wear the member tag. :D

I want to thank everyone that has posted a recent "testimonial". Pax Gaming really does go above and beyond to create a gaming experience that is in no way limited to SWTOR. We pride ourselves in our community and our members. Our officer core is there to ensure a positive experience for our members, to organize events, and to make sure that everyone has a good time (with lots of Winning). Pax is more than a guild tag, it IS a community and it IS a family. We have new members who within a very short time period, a few weeks to months, get promoted to officer status if they show initiative and drive. We come up with wacky and fun activities. We run raids to gear up our undergeared and freshly minted 50 players. We enjoy PVP. We welcome everyone, from subscribers to F2P players. If you are looking for an amazing community then you should definitely check out:

http://www.paxgaming.com

I am Arash and I approve of this message. :p

I joined Pax during early release and have loved every minute of it. These people are a big reason why I never left this game since launch. Always love logging in even it's just to chat it up in guild chat. Never had this much fun in a game before. I know this will sounds cliche and corny, but I truly think of Pax as my gaming family.

THEY'RE MADMEN!! MONSTERS!!! RUN!!! SAVE YOURSELVES!!!!! D:

Hahaha just kidding just kidding. :D

Incase anyone has thought of joining but was worried about the whole application process: Don't Sweat It! It's no where near as intimidating as you might think. The guys over at Pax only want to get to know you better and they do their best to make you feel comfortable in the process. Having been going through it myself, I've been surprised by how fun and painless the whole thing is really.

If you're looking for a close community that loves to have fun, Pax is definitely up your alley.

[Force Persuade] "You want to join us" ;)

Edited by Shane_Novus

This is an AMAZING video hahaha, great job !

I as well am currently in the recruitment phase and have been in it for a small 2 weeks now. I came across Pax in this post and I was sold, so I went to the forum and signed up. The first thing I noticed was that everyone on the forum was friendly and joking around, it's a great group of mature people and not just their characters. So far I've attended the Pax Server-wide PVP event, which was a big PVP event with a 3v3 tournament and it was amazing to see how the whole guild got together to cheer and learn from the PVP battles. It shows that the guild is a whole and everyone helps each other and supports each other.

I also attended the Pax Halloween event last night which was a costume contest with 3 categories and after that a whole trick or treat contest where you could win some amazing prices. I've been in guilds before but never have I seen this dedication to organize events before.. from PVP, PVE all the way to creative role playing or fun events - Pax seems to have it all.

Everyone is also very helpful so far, myself I'm not that big on PVP. I mainly PVE but I was always pretty interested in learning it and even after less than 2 weeks I have people in Pax who want to show me how to become a better PVP player. Joining Pax has increased my interest in SWTOR even more since you're part of a fun and active community where people actually help each other and joke around.

I recommend Pax !

.... Ok can you now please release my family guys?

Here are the results from Pax Imperius' first ever TOR Halloween costume contest:

http://i.imgur.com/lPrWE.png

Starting on the left, we have:

Funniest costume: Ka-Shem as a Talz

Scariest costume: Malfesch as a Shadow Assassin

Most unlike your class: Volka (a sniper) as a belly-dancing witch

Want to participate in fun events like this? Join Pax today!

Hi. I'm currently in the application process for Pax. I think it seems like a great guild so far. I think the application process is pretty easy and it's a good way for the recruit as well as the guild to see if they are a good fit for each other. I mostly solo during the day and haven't grouped with too many guild members yet, but it seems like a friendly bunch :).

So far I have enjoyed the application process, and in game they are great as well helping me run some FP when I could not recruit anyone in game for them.

I have had some fun answering the odd questions during this time as well.

So far to anyone perusing this forum I'd give em a look.

I have been a trial member of the guild for about 10 days now. I am very impressed with Pax. These guys and gals are serious gamers. I am fairly new to the online gaming world and therefore have a bunch of questions. Every time I have posed a question to the guild while playing TOR, I have gotten an immediate response to my inquiry which was both accurate and polite. I have here received spam (stupid question noob) responses from any member of Pax. Highly recommend especially for those looking to get into serious raids.

I've been banging around with the crew for a little more than a week and I think its a good bunch of people. There's usually a few people on that are in to each pvp, heroics, ops, dailies, griding, etc. So even if there aren't enough people on to form a pvp premade or an op you know you'll almost always have at least a wingman or two to come with you.

I recommend the gang at Pax. They're good folk.

I am currently in the recruiting stage of Pax here, and i have to honestly say i am loving their recruitment process. They ask you all sorts of questions, but in return you get to ask questions of them it's very much a two way street. And in doing this you get to know the people that you are hoping to join up with and feel like they want to know you as a person and not just a name on a screen. I really appreciate that, as i don't think enough guilds want to know you as a person and not just another "member". I feel like Pax wants me to be a part of their family during this process and that everyone has been really nice and really helpful. Any questions i have had have been answered promptly and well. I really appreciate that fact, as i want to be in a group of people that cares if i am missing for a few days, and don't just see me as another number in their roster.

So far I like the group of guys, I haven't had a chance to run much operations or groups with them since Im still in the recruitment phase, but hanging out in the shoutbox on the website everyone is pretty responsive and friendly. The recruitment process is a bit long, but I can understand their concern about problem players.

If your looking for a decent and easy going group, this is a good place to start.