Harbinger PVP Records 2.0

Katzyk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in favor?

Don't see why anyone would be opposed. But it's your thread, so...

Also Jedi Covenant server has an amazing template for detailed pvp records organized by class if you wanna check it out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682348

I've been on about 8 different servers and theirs is by far the best. Easy to use and browse through. Many categories without feeling too cluttered at the same time.

Edited by juleswinfield

Don't see why anyone would be opposed. But it's your thread, so...

Also Jedi Covenant server has an amazing template for detailed pvp records organized by class if you wanna check it out.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=682348

I've been on about 8 different servers and theirs is by far the best. Easy to use and browse through. Many categories without feeling too cluttered at the same time.

I'm thinking, do people really need another reason to death match and not worry about objectives? *Nope not doing anything but hunting down people for solo kills, gotta break that record.*

Which is why I want the general opinion.

Quite honestly though, it was too much of a hassle doing this thread, how it looks now. Updating it is easy, but why anyone would put that much work into it is beyond me. I did this one because I try to be a nice person (sometimes ;) ), and Kewa wasn't updating his. This takes up valuable PvP time, and I think all of one person, in the entire time I've been updating this has been like "Hey thanks for this, I appreciate it." So If you want someone to remodel this like Jedi Covenant, you should probably make a new thread. Im not trying to sound *****y, and I understand where you're coming from, but I have more important things to do.

I'm thinking, do people really need another reason to death match and not worry about objectives? *Nope not doing anything but hunting down people for solo kills, gotta break that record.*

Quite honestly though, it was too much of a hassle doing this thread, how it looks now. Updating it is easy, but why anyone would put that much work into it is beyond me. I did this one because I try to be a nice person (sometimes ;) ), and Kewa wasn't updating his. This takes up valuable PvP time, and I think all of one person, in the entire time I've been updating this has been like "Hey thanks for this, I appreciate it." So If you want someone to remodel this like Jedi Covenant, you should probably make a new thread. Im not trying to sound *****y, and I understand where you're coming from, but I have more important things to do.

Gonna say it too.

Ty for doing this Cambria <3

My name is Staggerless (sometimes) and i approves of this message

Quite honestly though, it was too much of a hassle doing this thread, how it looks now. Updating it is easy, but why anyone would put that much work into it is beyond me. I did this one because I try to be a nice person (sometimes ), and Kewa wasn't updating his. This takes up valuable PvP time, and I think all of one person, in the entire time I've been updating this has been like "Hey thanks for this, I appreciate it." So If you want someone to remodel this like Jedi Covenant, you should probably make a new thread. Im not trying to sound *****y, and I understand where you're coming from, but I have more important things to do.

That's quite an elaborate post you wrote just to say that you don't have time to make elaborate posts. TLDR version of that you could've just said, "too much work."

And to your point about objectives over deathmatching, there was a specific section dedicated to objective play. Maybe you didn't get that far. And speaking for myself, I don't do arenas because I main a sorc/sage and I enjoy the objective play over arenas far more and i play quite objectively. I just happen to get lots of solo kills because every Tom, Todd, Mark and bad smasher get that "squishy sage SMASH!!!11!!1!" tunnel vision. It's totally possible to excell at fighting and objective play at the same time.

Either way, it was just a suggestion. I'd take over and maintain a new thread, but I didn't wanna step on any toes.

Edited by juleswinfield

That's quite an elaborate post you wrote just to say that you don't have time to make elaborate posts. TLDR version of that you could've just said, "too much work."

And to your point about objectives over deathmatching, there was a specific section dedicated to objective play. Maybe you didn't get that far. And speaking for myself, I don't do arenas because I main a sorc/sage and I enjoy the objective play over arenas far more and i play quite objectively. I just happen to get lots of solo kills because every Tom, Todd, Mark and bad smasher get that "squishy sage SMASH!!!11!!1!" tunnel vision. It's totally possible to excell at fighting and objective play at the same time.

Either way, it was just a suggestion. I'd take over and maintain a new thread, but I didn't wanna step on any toes.

If you're serious about this, I have no problem with you making it better. I don't see the use in THAT much detail, but if you want to spend the time doing it, that's your prerogative.

Ps. You're talking about levels and levels of scripts and coding in that Jedi Covenant thread, If you think what I did there was elaborate, you'll have fun with whatever you're doing to make it look like that. I popped that paragraph out in minutes, what you want to do will take hours. But have fun.

Well.... Thanks :)

I totally agree with this by the way, I see no reason for the good players who often carry teams to try and Kill whore, and make life worse for poor Sorcs/Snipers just trying to start some PVP :p

First off thanks for doing this. I dont think I have posted in this thread yet, and was waiting to actually have a record on here before posting in it, but that will probably never happen.(though I was present in one of games where someone got a stupidly high amount of protection....so atleast I have that going for me.)

Mostly I just wanted to say thanks for doing this, and voice my support for the solo kills section. I have a screenshot somewhere of me getting 18 in a novarra, which i doubt Ill ever get close to again, and I might make the list, even if its only for a little while.

Also if someone else is going to take the reigns for this dont be that guy that does something like this and two weeks after its up forgets its even there. The one thing that makes this list so much better than the other servers is the regularity with which its been updated, and I couldnt care less about all the pretty colors, a hyperlinks if the data they link me to is outdated. So please if your going to do it, longevity is the way to go.

Edited by Haystak

First off thanks for doing this. I dont think I have posted in this thread yet, and was waiting to actually have a record on here before posting in it, but that will probably never happen.(though I was present in one of games where someone got a stupidly high amount of protection....so atleast I have that going for me.)

Mostly I just wanted to say thanks for doing this, and voice my support for the solo kills section. I have a screenshot somewhere of me getting 18 in a novarra, which i doubt Ill ever get close to again, and I might make the list, even if its only for a little while.

Also if someone else is going to take the reigns for this dont be that guy that does something like this and two weeks after its up forgets its even there. The one thing that makes this list so much better than the other servers is the regularity with which its been updated, and I couldnt care less about all the pretty colors, a hyperlinks if the data they link me to is outdated. So please if your going to do it, longevity is the way to go.

Pretty sure 18 is a new record for post 2.0 since right before torbattles went down I had the current record at 16. That was just back at 2.4/2.5.. Nice job. Btw played against you on pot5 the other day, you gave my sorc its first loss in 2 weeks. Our healer couldn't help but get globaled I guess. -opfotm

Thanks, I also find no need for pretty colors or hyperlinks, It hurts my eyes. :t_confused:

Also agree that If its not updated ill be pissed. Its not like I update it everyday, but at least it gets done regularly.

If you're serious about this, I have no problem with you making it better. I don't see the use in THAT much detail, but if you want to spend the time doing it, that's your prerogative.

Ps. You're talking about levels and levels of scripts and coding in that Jedi Covenant thread, If you think what I did there was elaborate, you'll have fun with whatever you're doing to make it look like that. I popped that paragraph out in minutes, what you want to do will take hours. But have fun.

At this point the job is a simple copy/paste task and a few edits and clean up. The hard work is already done. As far as updating, that would depend on community participation. If records are trickling in only once or twice a week, then that's all the updating the thread would warrant at most. However if there was more participation, then that would actually make it worth the time to update between queue pops for a person capable of multitasking.

But by all means, keep this thread going. I asked for a solo kills section and you're considering adding it in. Mission Accomplished, as far as I'm concerned.

I know what you mean, So'low dominates our poor healer board :p

I've gotten close to him in a couple Arenas, but we didn't start that fast, maybe if we had I'd get on there... But meh, still really fun, might try go Combat sent after 2.7 and see if I can hit one of those boards instead :p