UPDATED Dueling Tournament

azzhealy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a suggestion, could we try to have at least 1 commando and 1 mercenary present at the tournament just in case we have a Vice-Roy repeat for the Shadow/Sin one next week, I don't exactly fancy chasing the wrong person ;)

I'd do it on Rorck but I'm competing :p

Entering the Tournament on 2 accounts is not acceptable and will result in a ban from this Tournament and any future Tournaments we organize, don't go ruining something that we have poured time, effort and funds into. We aimed to bring the server together and create something enjoyable and entertaining.

Question

How can you say someone is the "best of their AC" when you force us to play ONE AC. The majority of the server would agree its bogus and that rule should be eliminated.

Would make it more fun for the community

If someone were to win every AC tourney, why not? If he can do it, then grats to him not give him a "no, we want a final tourney featuring the best of all AC" negative. Can't be the best of the AC if people don't get a chance to play it

Edited by MoshhsoM

Question

How can you say someone is the "best of their AC" when you force us to play ONE AC. The majority of the server would agree its bogus and that rule should be eliminated.

Would make it more fun for the community

If someone were to win every AC tourney, why not? If he can do it, then grats to him not give him a "no, we want a final tourney featuring the best of all AC" negative. Can't be the best of the AC if people don't get a chance to play it

Idea

Next time, run your own tournament.

The "majority of the server" seems pretty happy how it is.

For once, I actually agree with Mosh. I like the idea that you came up with, but I disagree with the way you wrote up the description (someone beating the other entries doesn't make them the best pvper on the server, it makes them the best duelist that chose to enter, for example), and rules like 1 entry per account. I understand that you want it to follow certain guidelines for elimination etc, but if somebody is capable of winning several individual AC brackets, on their own toons, then imo they deserve it. There are other ways around conflicts with matchups etc, or you can say that they can only enter 1 character into the Finals round.

Anyway, that's my suggestion, GL with the rest of the tournament and congrats to the competitors thus far.

For once, I actually agree with Mosh. I like the idea that you came up with, but I disagree with the way you wrote up the description (someone beating the other entries doesn't make them the best pvper on the server, it makes them the best duelist that chose to enter, for example), and rules like 1 entry per account. I understand that you want it to follow certain guidelines for elimination etc, but if somebody is capable of winning several individual AC brackets, on their own toons, then imo they deserve it. There are other ways around conflicts with matchups etc, or you can say that they can only enter 1 character into the Finals round.

Anyway, that's my suggestion, GL with the rest of the tournament and congrats to the competitors thus far.

You're correct. That is a different method of running a tourney, and we're more than happy to take on ideas and constructive criticism for future event. However the rules for this one stand.

Thanks for the input though. Some good ideas there for the next one.

Plus, we have people who focus on gearing one toon while people like myself like playing multiple toons which end up with my most geared toon having one piece of EWH. Yes it's our fault we don't max out one toon but I think we earned the right to enter multiple toons especially when you'll be out gearing a lot of peoples alts and mains on w/e toon we enter on.

Anyways, since this poorly thought out rule won't be changed, I'll be entering on my sentinel. As much as I would like to embarrass every jug in SxN like I do their Marauders, sentinel will be the easiest to win on and I enjoy marauder/sentinel 1v1s more than any other class to 1v1 on.

Moshelle - Sentinel.

Done and entered.

P.S. You can pay me now if you want Saedus. You know I keep my promises.

Edited by MoshhsoM

Idea

Next time, run your own tournament.

The "majority of the server" seems pretty happy how it is.

Better idea/suggestion/deal

2 million credits if you win the juggernaut AC tourney and can beat my guardian after winning. 0 credits to me if you lose and you can retain your position as the winner of the AC tourney.

Duel must take place if/after you win with crowd still in attendance.

You get to duel someone on 300ms for 2 million credits, nothing to lose right? your choice

2 million credits if you win the juggernaut AC tourney and can beat my guardian after winning. 0 credits to me if you lose and you can retain your position as the winner of the AC tourney.

You get to duel someone on 300ms for 2 million credits, nothing to lose right? your choice

If your going to start your comp then start your own thread.

You and i clearly differ on the definition of the word "better". Thanks for the offer though, however i already have plenty of credits mate.

Also the reason i havent signed up as a competitor is i dont know if i can make the day/time. I'm on call 7 days a week.

Enjoy the tourney guys!

Now that you've mentioned it, what time of day will the tournaments on each respective Sunday take place? Assuming that there's a specific scheduled time of course. I'm sorry if I've missed the notice should it have been posted somewhere but I couldn't seem to find it on the first post and would very much appreciate knowing the timings as I usually have busy Sundays.

Also, would it be possible for competitiors to mail the registration fee prior to the competition date? And if so, to whom should it be sent? Thanks ^^

Now that you've mentioned it, what time of day will the tournaments on each respective Sunday take place? Assuming that there's a specific scheduled time of course. I'm sorry if I've missed the notice should it have been posted somewhere but I couldn't seem to find it on the first post and would very much appreciate knowing the timings as I usually have busy Sundays.

Also, would it be possible for competitiors to mail the registration fee prior to the competition date? And if so, to whom should it be sent? Thanks ^^

4pm AEST every Sunday (which is not AEDT-Daylight saving time) For imperials send the 20k entrance fee to Saedus. For Republicans send it to Lhr. Please add in the in-game message what class Tournament you're entering.

Edited by azzhealy

glad he's on the sent list not the guardian as i dono if i can beat him but id damn come close to if not

guessing so far it's 3 jugs/guards ( andy, atro, and myself ) ? maybe zargor ?

Might as well just quit now if zargor is entering