Intimidating Roar is unbalanced

Kraigan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, you think one of the most game breaking things in pvp right now is the animation difference between Intimidating Roar and Awe? This is such a minor detail in the grand scheme of what's wrong with TOR pvp that I cannot comprehend why you'd bother posting about this.

Seriously, you think one of the most game breaking things in pvp right now is the animation difference between Intimidating Roar and Awe? This is such a minor detail in the grand scheme of what's wrong with TOR pvp that I cannot comprehend why you'd bother posting about this.

Translation: There are big problems, so smaller problems need not be fixed.

Well, as republic we deal with a TON of animation issues in pvp giving empire the upper hand.

It has been proven turrets will turn and shoot faster in civil war for empire than republic.

It has been shown imp sorc's can burst stronger than sages from damage not registering until animation hits (rocks slower than lightning).

Smuggler/Agents have this issues as well, teh smugglers bomb travels slowly through air, locks on, then explodes where as agent drop from sky and tag much faster.

Jedi Knight bladestorm animation takes longer to deliver damage than sith warriors scream.

Make the mirrors actual mirrors.

Also, mathematically proven, tracer missle + heat gen/dispertion vs trooper grav round +ammo/recharge allows for more tracer spam than grav round by approximately 1.

Add this to silly things like better looking armor/storylines/quests/zones for empire and well... you can see why servers range anywhere from 4:1 - 10:1 empire to republic ratio.

Translation: There are big problems, so smaller problems need not be fixed.

Pretty much that. This is not the time to be complaining about little things like this when pvp as a whole has fundamental problems that need to be addressed.

Pretty much that. This is not the time to be complaining about little things like this when pvp as a whole has fundamental problems that need to be addressed.

Read my post.

All these "little problems" add up to massive headaches for republic.

It is like death from a million paper-cuts, sure individually they are small, but all together they are lethal.

Mirror class imbalance is one of the fundamental problems that need to be addressed. This is just part of that.

Honestly, the animation difference isn't the problem here. It's the way targeting is handled in this game. When anyone is in a big group it's almost impossible to focus anyone. Nameplates are hard to click, tab targeting is terrible, and there isn't any way to write a macro to fast target.

This is what I mean by fundamental flaws. If targeting was done correctly then the animation differences wouldn't matter.

Have you ever noticed that Intimidating Roar always lasts for the full duration? Do you know why? Because it's easy as hell, even for complete morons to tell who is cc'd because those affected are rolling around on the ground.

The Jedi version...not as easy for morons to tell who is cc'd and thus it gets broken more often and is less effective. Just another example of how Republic gets screwed because of "flavor" animations...

When all the sorcerers and Agents see it they all pull their DoTs off too. owait.

Honestly, the animation difference isn't the problem here. It's the way targeting is handled in this game. When anyone is in a big group it's almost impossible to focus anyone. Nameplates are hard to click, tab targeting is terrible, and there isn't any way to write a macro to fast target.

This is what I mean by fundamental flaws. If targeting was done correctly then the animation differences wouldn't matter.

But animation differences do matter.

Republic damage is slower than Empire from these animation differences.

Even in a 1v1 scenario where targeting isn't taken into account. If you need that last hit of damage between republic and empire and that last shot wins it, empire will win from instant casts hitting instant where as we have to wait half a second for a rock to fly to you.

Simple fix, make the damage instant on cast and not on projectile hitting target... but hey, whatever.

Reminds me of Age of Conan release where female characters did 33% less damage because their animations were longer than male counterparts...

But animation differences do matter.

Republic damage is slower than Empire from these animation differences.

Even in a 1v1 scenario where targeting isn't taken into account. If you need that last hit of damage between republic and empire and that last shot wins it, empire will win from instant casts hitting instant where as we have to wait half a second for a rock to fly to you.

Simple fix, make the damage instant on cast and not on projectile hitting target... but hey, whatever.

Reminds me of Age of Conan release where female characters did 33% less damage because their animations were longer than male counterparts...

This is a problem with ability delay in general. It comes back to Bioware not doing this correctly. Animations should not be factoring into the ability cast/effect time period. You should be able to scream/project and have that damage done the moment it's cast whether or not the animation is finished.

I understand where you are coming from because I play a Juggernaut tank. It wasn't as bad as Guardians, but it was very bad. Ability animations should not be factored into this at all, but for some stupid reason it is.

This is a problem with ability delay in general. It comes back to Bioware not doing this correctly. Animations should not be factoring into the ability cast/effect time period. You should be able to scream/project and have that damage done the moment it's cast whether or not the animation is finished.

I understand where you are coming from because I play a Juggernaut tank. It wasn't as bad as Guardians, but it was very bad. Ability animations should not be factored into this at all, but for some stupid reason it is.

Thank you for putting it in a way I seem to not be able to.

Thank you for putting it in a way I seem to not be able to.

I see a lot of people focusing on changing the animations in this thread instead of looking at the source of the issue. You see it, obviously, but many don't in this thread. It's not the animation that is the issue here, but the way abilities function and how well targeting works. Changing the animation does not solve the real issue that affects both factions.

It's not even a mirror ability issue because the table could have easily been turned around, and the Imps could have had that longer animation. It's a fundamental flaw in how abilities work.

Its simple:

Intimidating roar puts you flat on your back to better prepare you for the ilum imperial raep train.

awe puts you in the face warding fear posture because what you're really doing is saying "awe ****, man, dat pvp armor is ugly!"

I think you are just denying the fact that you want spikes or a rooster helmet. Rooster helmet jealousy is common, but can be solved with some hard work and dedication.

I think you are just denying the fact that you want spikes or a rooster helmet. Rooster helmet jealousy is common, but can be solved with some hard work and dedication.

I refuse to use the champion chestplate, and just use a modded level 40 pvp robe (which looks awesome).

hoochie badonkdonk > space samurai anyday.

I think rooster helmet is ******!

Back to the real issue, awe should make them do a full face on the floor worship animation.

I refuse to use the champion chestplate, and just use a modded level 40 pvp robe (which looks awesome).

hoochie badonkdonk > space samurai anyday.

I think rooster helmet is ******!

Back to the real issue, awe should make them do a full face on the floor worship animation.

Aww come on how can you hate a hat that fancy? It's got feathers in it and everything.

One of the most annoying skills in the game.

Not because of the animation, but because it is spammed a lot, which means you will often encounter it while your stun break is on cooldown, which in turn means you'll eat the full duration.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

One of the most annoying skills in the game.

Not because of the animation, but because it is spammed a lot, which means you will often encounter it while your stun break is on cooldown, which in turn means you'll eat the full duration.

I don't really see why this one should be 6 seconds while similar abilities (Neural Surge) have a much shorter stun (2.5s).

Its fine, go away.