BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

Merc/Commando damage is, for the most part, in a good place. Damage isn't really the issue. The Problem with Mercs/Commandos is their extremely lacking utility/escape abilities. They have no disengage, they have no sprint, they only have 1 knockback, a root that only works in melee range (why?), a mezz (with cast time) on a 1 min CD and a 10m (why?) stun. Mercs/Commandos offer nothing that other classes don't also have, and other classes can do their job better. You don't see DPS Mercs/Commandos in rated warzones, why is that? It's because the other classes offer much more utility and survivability, and overall they do their jobs better:

this is the only part i wanted to comment on...or question...

I'm a Arsenal Merc...i PVP as such. i lack helm and gloves of Warhero. however all my gear is Augmented with Advanced Reflex 22s. i run over 1800 Aim, 35/75 crit/surge 100% acc. 110% tech acc. blah blah. the normal damage range for my attacks against any other class are something like this.

Rapid shots = 600 dmg total. (any shielding between 10-25 dmg per hit. so 150 damage tops.)

Missle blast = when used 1100 dmg.(if shielded in any way less than 700.)

Explosive Dart = 800 Dmg. (any shielding around 400)

Tracer Missle = 2200 normal hit, (shielded 1200-1700), Crits are around 2800(a crit vs a shield is around 2400)

HSM w/o tracer 3k, (shields 1200) Crits 4.5k-5.6k (shields 3k)

HSM W/ Tracer 2k (shields 1600) Crits around 3.8k (shields 3.8k)

Fusion Missile 1600 (shields 1100) Doesn't really crit.

Rocket Punch 2k (shields 2k) doesn't crit

Railshot 2k normal 3.4k crit (shields 1800)

Jet Boost (currently doesn't work...when i use it i get knocked back 40 meters..instead of my oponent)

thats all that i use if i use it in pvp.

I avg 300k damage per warzone. i run at least 6 per day...5 days a week. most of the pubs i play avg 450k dmg per wz. if its an elite team we're talking 600k each. so why again do we not need a damage boost? screw more run away abilitys. i'm tried of hitting folks in equal gear for half of what they smack me for. every Sent, Guard, Van, shadow worth his salt can smack me back to back 3 times for over 4k damage. thats less than 6 seconds of combat. not counting their Dots. i got nothing that can compare to that.

now if i'm doing something wrong..(aside from using a merc in pvp) please by all means. let me know. i want to be the most useful pvper i can be while playing a class i enjoy. because its the only reason i play this game.

Edited by DaltarSpitfire
Forgot something

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 bioware "pvp team" is clueless

2 when they finally get aroung to playing the class the developers maybe then they can understand what

we are trying to say(if they can stop playing their imp mains that is)

3 did i mention they are clueless ? every patch sinse 1.1 have proven this bigtime.

I couldn't agree with you more. Ever since the days of Mercs/Commandos TM/GR spam they have consistently nerfed the hell out of this class. Basically its PT or be a Healer cause other than mediocre dps we really have nothing to offer a pvp group. There is a reason why most pvp matches have more melee and sorcs than any other class. Fotm sucks. If they'd just balance the classes and stop letting pve an pvp changes affect each other most of the complaining on the forums would stop. (I said most not all....)

Overall damage is fine if allowed to freecast for an extended period of time, but I disagree regarding burst. Gunnery has steady damage if uninterrupted, but any "burst" is back-loaded on the rotation and highly dependent on optimal conditions (which is a big disadvantage in PvP where TTK is very short and you're unlikely to get a full rotation off due to unavoidable target-switching and constant interrupts/stuns/mezs/KBs etc. It certainly doesn't have enough burst to burn down a decent healer the way real burst-dps spec'd ACs do (perhaps that would be different if the AC had more tools to pre-empt self-heals, like the stealth-stun-burst ACs do). Commando burst is a little better on Assault, but I disagree with ppl who say that respec'ing to Assault spec makes Commandos equally desirable in PvP as other dps-spec'd ACs, despite an Assault -spec'd Commando's improved mobility over the other dps tree.

I lol'd at the part where you said 'extended amount of time'. With how utterly crappy the resolve system is in this game and the chance of chain stun + stun lock there is no extended amount of time. When getting chased around by melee at best all we have is rapid shots and maybe one insta power shot unless power surge is used with a heal move. Yeah sure there is rail shot but after using it you gotta wait 8+ seconds to use it again which mean more running. Jet boost is rather pointless since melee can just straight back to you and pyro mercs dont even have the luxary of a root with their rocket punch. For the most 'mobile class' we have the least amount of counters and even less ways to stay mobile. Basically if you get focused by a melee and there isnt a healer watching you then you are as good as dead. Bioware hasnt got a flippin clue what goes on in pvp anymore.

They are too busy pumping out new flashy cosmetics and over priced addons to actually take a look at the most popular aspect of the game. Basically it was their last ditch effort to get money out of us before this game totally tanks.

Thanks again bioware for ruining yet another game that had great potential. Cant wait to see your whole company bankrupt!

The problems with this subclass in PvP are very deep rooted. Escapability? Yes. Difficulty outputting dps when pressured? Yes. But even in the ideal scenario when you can free cast, this class is a FAIL. If you compare damage output from a Merc dps to those of the top dps subclasses in a statis Voidstar match where no one is dying and both sides can focus on dps output for a full 15 minutes, the Merc dps is at about 50% below that of Sage and Guardian Focus. And about 25% below that Sent Focus. It (Merc dps) is not competitive even in the conditions that best favor it. Take all that talk about subclasses being within 5% of each other and throw it out the window. That 5% garbage is based on meta averages. It has no factual basis in how top players play their toons using best practices. No Merc dps will ever be outputting 1.5 million in damage with the current status of the game, but the top dps classes can do that.

But BW is extremely reluctant to directly buff Merc damage output because Merc dps is already extremely good in PvE. Buffs to accuracy and buffs to removing movement restrictions are logical ways to buff Merc dps in PvP without overpowering them for PvE. The other logical step? Return DFA to its prior, wider damage radius. That step however would be a very direct admission from BW that they fundamentally misunderstood how PvP balance works in this game. What are the odds of that?

Best thing I've read in 40 plus pages. The bottom line is Bioware doesn't know how to keep the changes separate. It has been 6 months and they still cannot figure out how to keep pvp and pve nerfs/buffs separate. Not only that but if they ever did successfully make a change subsequently something else somewhere in the game would break and then they'd have to spend several more hours with an emergency maintenance trying to fix it.

At this point a group of chimps banging on keyboards could probably do better maintenance on this game than the current staff now charged with trying to keep this fail game afloat.

Best thing I've read in 40 plus pages. The bottom line is Bioware doesn't know how to keep the changes separate. It has been 6 months and they still cannot figure out how to keep pvp and pve nerfs/buffs separate. Not only that but if they ever did successfully make a change subsequently something else somewhere in the game would break and then they'd have to spend several more hours with an emergency maintenance trying to fix it.

At this point a group of chimps banging on keyboards could probably do better maintenance on this game than the current staff now charged with trying to keep this fail game afloat.

Have you played WOW lately? The have the best of the best Devs working on that game. Their in-house staff is top notch. Yet the PVP is worse than SWTOR. You think the stuns are bad here? Go play WOW. If you're not playing a broken class then gg to you. You'll provide nothing to the BG. You'll be consta CC'ed the entire match. I had my warrior with close the the best gear pvp gear attainable. It was the only dps class that could free itself from all CC for a good 5 seconds. The community QQ'ed so bad that it got them nerfed so I quit after this last patch.

SWTOR is the only game where I can take a bottom of the barrel class in solo queue pvp and still do extremely well if I play the class correctly (even if people say I'm wasting my talent with a subpar class, it's still more fun than any of the other dps classes, to me anyway).

Also, Remember that BW has a pretty non-existent dev team. A lot of their folks got laid-off or quit. And it's not easy to buff/nerf pvp without effecting pve. Even the Blizz devs have trouble with that and always have.

The bottom line is Bioware doesn't know how to keep the changes separate. It has been 6 months and they still cannot figure out how to keep pvp and pve nerfs/buffs separate.

I actually emailed Allison directly on this, offering a very reasonable, proven solution to this problem that will fix the whole PvE/PvP balance thing permanently. The drawback, however, is it will require a significant time investment to properly implement so I have little faith it will be done.

And it's not easy to buff/nerf pvp without effecting pve. Even the Blizz devs have trouble with that and always have.

Yes, it is. It's actually one of the easier types of balancing out there. I offered the same solution to Blizzard (via their forums) that I emailed Allison on today, but it would have been too simple for them to implement it. They gotta make things difficult, you know.

Have you played WOW lately? The have the best of the best Devs working on that game. Their in-house staff is top notch. Yet the PVP is worse than SWTOR. You think the stuns are bad here? Go play WOW. If you're not playing a broken class then gg to you. You'll provide nothing to the BG. You'll be consta CC'ed the entire match. I had my warrior with close the the best gear pvp gear attainable. It was the only dps class that could free itself from all CC for a good 5 seconds. The community QQ'ed so bad that it got them nerfed so I quit after this last patch.

SWTOR is the only game where I can take a bottom of the barrel class in solo queue pvp and still do extremely well if I play the class correctly (even if people say I'm wasting my talent with a subpar class, it's still more fun than any of the other dps classes, to me anyway).

Also, Remember that BW has a pretty non-existent dev team. A lot of their folks got laid-off or quit. And it's not easy to buff/nerf pvp without effecting pve. Even the Blizz devs have trouble with that and always have.

Even played correctly you still can't keep up with the melee classes. You talk as tho it is the players fault that the Merc/Commando class sucks but we all know (and by all I mean the ones who ended up making one as their main) that they are below average now since all the other classes have been buffed once or twice while we have been constantly nerfed. Don't try and give me a line and make it sound like you are doing any better than the rest of us.

If infact you do so well why not videotape yourself playing and post a video for us to see.

We all know they don't exist. Bioware had to fire most of them to go try and make some money elsewhere.

Even played correctly you still can't keep up with the melee classes. You talk as tho it is the players fault that the Merc/Commando class sucks but we all know (and by all I mean the ones who ended up making one as their main) that they are below average now since all the other classes have been buffed once or twice while we have been constantly nerfed. Don't try and give me a line and make it sound like you are doing any better than the rest of us.

If infact you do so well why not videotape yourself playing and post a video for us to see.

We all know they don't exist. Bioware had to fire most of them to go try and make some money elsewhere.

Rofl, read sigs much? There in my sig is my 25 minute vid of me destroying melee and most other classes on my Commando.

I know the class is sub par. I never said it wasn't.

The only classes I cannot beat 1v1 are Assault/Pyro Vanguard/Powertech, Shadow/Assassin, Combat/Rage Sent/Mara. The rest are situational with proper LOS.

Edited by Asukaa

Rofl, read sigs much? There in my sig is my 25 minute vid of me destroying melee and most other classes on my Commando.

I know the class is sub par. I never said it wasn't.

The only classes I cannot beat 1v1 are Assault/Pyro Vanguard/Powertech, Shadow/Assassin, Combat/Rage Sent/Mara. The rest are situational with proper LOS.

Video isn't a recent one and yes I did look at it. Also that is still a lot of types of classes that can easily solo other mercs/commandos and it doesn't speak much of your video if you cannot solo the ones you listed above.

Also even tho the video quality isn't the greatest I'm guessing most of the targets you picked to shoot at were under geared and had less health than you b/c there is no way you'd drop a war hero geared melee that quickly. You do well and your movement/circle kiting is amazing I will admit that but your still mediocre at best compared to the melee in this game.

Edited by OldRepublicRevan

Video isn't a recent one and yes I did look at it. Also that is still a lot of types of classes that can easily solo other mercs/commandos and it doesn't speak much of your video if you cannot solo the ones you listed above.

Also even tho the video quality isn't the greatest I'm guessing most of the targets you picked to shoot at were under geared and had less health than you b/c there is no way you'd drop a war hero geared melee that quickly. You do well and your movement/circle kiting is amazing I will admit that but your still mediocre at best compared to the melee in this game.

Most of my targets are full WH geared with 18-20k HP (depending on how many datacrons they picked up). There are some in there that are BM/WH and you can tell who they are if I crit them for over 4k. My crits on equally geared players are 3-3.5k (give or take a few). Most of the warriors in my vid I did not crit for over 3.5k without the WZ buff.

As for not being able to solo the classes I mentioned... Those are the counter classes for Commando. No matter how good you are, they will always win 99% of the time, simply because they can counter everything you try to do. I don't QQ about, I live with it. Well, I QQ about sins cause they piss me off.

there is a MASSIVE difference in beating up on the bads in the regular warzone queues. just because they have full WH gear or 20k+ health does not stop them from being bad. i have no problem fighting just about 98% of opponents, and almost always win 1v1s.

the problem is, when you compare Merc with any other DPS class, assuming equal gear and equal skill, Merc is supbar in every way.

i could post hours upon hours of me destroying bad players. but it proves nothing

Edited by cashogy

Most of my targets are full WH geared with 18-20k HP (depending on how many datacrons they picked up). There are some in there that are BM/WH and you can tell who they are if I crit them for over 4k. My crits on equally geared players are 3-3.5k (give or take a few). Most of the warriors in my vid I did not crit for over 3.5k without the WZ buff.

As for not being able to solo the classes I mentioned... Those are the counter classes for Commando. No matter how good you are, they will always win 99% of the time, simply because they can counter everything you try to do. I don't QQ about, I live with it. Well, I QQ about sins cause they piss me off.

Okay what I am wondering is why/how aren't any of the jedi knights/sith warriors that you are facing not using their force slow on you? Every Jedi Knight I come across leaps, slows, master strike, and after that I am half way dead. And 90% of the time they resist my knock back, and if I shield the slow they just reslow me. I see the sins and shades having you slowed in some of the fights. Hardly though are you ever force slowed. Just curious why that is.

Nothing can take away from the fact that the Commando/Mercenary class is nothing short of dysfunctional and weak in high end, competitive PvP, it offers nothing for Ranked Play and is a wasted spot. Nothing can take away from the fact that you are obviously a competent player, I commend you for this but please realize the fact that you are playing against less than the best and most experienced players. The vast majority of the opponents you play in your videos can clearly be evaluated as less than the greatest of their respective classes, observed by their poor use of cooldowns, Line of Sight, tools and or situation, you on the other hand can be seen as the top 5% of your class(Mando). As many others have said, "I can roll poorly skilled or even moderately skilled opponents of any class, even the FOTMs, it is the competent, experienced and smart players of pretty much any other class that are not a Mando/Merc that counters the Mando/Merc class." This statement could not be more true, I rarely if ever lose 1v1 matches in PUG play, but the second almost any competent, skilled, and experienced player with a class other than a Mando/Merc focuses me, there is very little I can do to out play them, the class just does not have the tools nor ability to go the distance. The same is true when I play my Jedi Shadow, Powertech, Operative, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Guardian and, Sorceror, when I play any of those classes I have absolutely no trouble with Mandos/Mercs and roll them with ease, even the best on our server, they just don't have the tools.

The class needs, no demands adequate reconstruction, it currently has no place in competitive, Ranked play and is nothing short a wasted spot. Put the same competent Mando/Merc player behind a properly structured class and that player will poop rainbows and sunshine, leave him on the Mando/Merc and all you will get is a lump of coal, no matter how much you polish it, it will still be a lump of coal.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

Nothing can take away from the fact that the Commando/Mercenary class is nothing short of dysfunctional and weak in high end, competitive PvP, it offers nothing for Ranked Play and is a wasted spot. Nothing can take away from the fact that you are obviously a competent player, I commend you for this but please realize the fact that you are playing against less than the best and most experienced players. The vast majority of the opponents you play in your videos can clearly be evaluated as less than the greatest of their respective classes, observed by their poor use of cooldowns, Line of Sight, tools and or situation, you on the other hand can be seen as the top 5% of your class(Mando). As many others have said, "I can roll poorly skilled or even moderately skilled opponents of any class, even the FOTMs, it is the competent, experienced and smart players of pretty much any other class that are not a Mando/Merc that counters the Mando/Merc class." This statement could not be more true, I rarely if ever lose 1v1 matches in PUG play, but the second almost any competent, skilled, and experienced player with a class other than a Mando/Merc focuses me, there is very little I can do to out play them, the class just does not have the tools nor ability to go the distance. The same is true when I play my Jedi Shadow, Powertech, Operative, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Guardian and, Sorceror, when I play any of those classes I have absolutely no trouble with Mandos/Mercs and roll them with ease, even the best on our server, they just don't have the tools.

The class needs, no demands adequate reconstruction, it currently has no place in competitive, Ranked play and is nothing short a wasted spot. Put the same competent Mando/Merc player behind a properly structured class and that player will poop rainbows and sunshine, leave him on the Mando/Merc and all you will get is a lump of coal, no matter how much you polish it, it will still be a lump of coal.

Yep! Good times.

there is a MASSIVE difference in beating up on the bads in the regular warzone queues. just because they have full WH gear or 20k+ health does not stop them from being bad. i have no problem fighting just about 98% of opponents, and almost always win 1v1s.

the problem is, when you compare Merc with any other DPS class, assuming equal gear and equal skill, Merc is supbar in every way.

i could post hours upon hours of me destroying bad players. but it proves nothing

Thank you Dany. I wish we were on the same server I'd love to run warzones with another merc.

Okay what I am wondering is why/how aren't any of the jedi knights/sith warriors that you are facing not using their force slow on you? Every Jedi Knight I come across leaps, slows, master strike, and after that I am half way dead. And 90% of the time they resist my knock back, and if I shield the slow they just reslow me. I see the sins and shades having you slowed in some of the fights. Hardly though are you ever force slowed. Just curious why that is.

It's all about the metagame. I know what they're gonna do before they do it and adapt. Sents/Mara's have 1 ability that spells auto-loss for commandos/mercs but they never use it. Even the best Mara's/Sents don't use it accordingly so I usually have the advantage. But yes the Mara's that fight me over, and over, and over, and over again eventually catch on if they're smart enough. However, holding on to that 1 ability just in case they fight a competent Commando/Merc is never in the back of their head so they use it up and when they run into me, it's gg. I'm pretty sure I said this in an earlier post, granted it's 40 pages long...

The Sins usually always slow me. If my shield is up, I use it to break it but that barely helps as they have a sprint and a root (or is the root part of the slow?). Sins have an answer to everything, if I beat one in the vid, it's cause I knocked them off a cliff or they were out of CD's or someone else jumped in at the last second. They are my bane.

I'm not here to fight with you guys about the class. I agree it is subpar compared to the other AC's. Still tho, I have beaten some of the best on my server 1v1. And they respect me enough to focus me down whenever they see me in WZ's. :D

Edited by Asukaa

It's all about the metagame. I know what they're gonna do before they do it and adapt. Sents/Mara's have 1 ability that spells auto-loss for commandos/mercs but they never use it. Even the best Mara's/Sents don't use it accordingly so I usually have the advantage. But yes the Mara's that fight me over, and over, and over, and over again eventually catch on if they're smart enough. However, holding on to that 1 ability just in case they fight a competent Commando/Merc is never in the back of their head so they use it up and when they run into me, it's gg. I'm pretty sure I said this in an earlier post, granted it's 40 pages long...

The Sins usually always slow me. If my shield is up, I use it to break it but that barely helps as they have a sprint and a root (or is the root part of the slow?). Sins have an answer to everything, if I beat one in the vid, it's cause I knocked them off a cliff or they were out of CD's or someone else jumped in at the last second. They are my bane.

I'm not here to fight with you guys about the class. I agree it is subpar compared to the other AC's. Still tho, I have beaten some of the best on my server 1v1. And they respect me enough to focus me down whenever they see me in WZ's. :D

erm they focus you down because you don't have an escape...every merc/commando should be the first to die because they are not going anywhere. They won't vanish, sprint away, leap away, AE CC you, etc. When you are focused you are dead 100% of the time every time. This is not so for many other classes.

this right here is part of the problem with merc which cannot be fixed.

the mercs that are still playing are pretty darn good, and most of them have been around long enough for people to know that. which means they are considered a high level threat, and get focused fired accordingly. its the same problem that other good players have, but merc has significantly less to work with in those kinds of situations

Well at least you have a response from bioware regarding your "escape issues". I have no idea if that's the solution but at least they are acknowledging that commandos/mercs need some love.

But I agree with you apart from a gap closer, that's the last thing we need, once that shoot first/hidden strike is over, the DPS drops SIGNIFICANTLY, we need higher DPS output after we leave stealth frankly :/

you mean our fabricated "escape issues"? that post was just evidence that bioware is vastly out of touch with the actual problems with class balance.

you mean our fabricated "escape issues"? that post was just evidence that bioware is vastly out of touch with the actual problems with class balance.

Dany they will always be out of touch with the most popular aspect of this game so long as they keep releasing 'Meet the Developers' and pumping out more worthless addons and cosmetics. I read most everything you say and I believe you are a true advocate for Mercs/Commandos. If they won't listen to your reason then I doubt Bioware will listen to any of these other guys either.

Though it pains me greatly to admit this I believe our classes best days are far far behind us...

this is the only part i wanted to comment on...or question...

I'm a Arsenal Merc...i PVP as such. i lack helm and gloves of Warhero. however all my gear is Augmented with Advanced Reflex 22s. i run over 1800 Aim, 35/75 crit/surge 100% acc. 110% tech acc. blah blah. the normal damage range for my attacks against any other class are something like this.

Rapid shots = 600 dmg total. (any shielding between 10-25 dmg per hit. so 150 damage tops.)

Missle blast = when used 1100 dmg.(if shielded in any way less than 700.)

Explosive Dart = 800 Dmg. (any shielding around 400)

Tracer Missle = 2200 normal hit, (shielded 1200-1700), Crits are around 2800(a crit vs a shield is around 2400)

HSM w/o tracer 3k, (shields 1200) Crits 4.5k-5.6k (shields 3k)

HSM W/ Tracer 2k (shields 1600) Crits around 3.8k (shields 3.8k)

Fusion Missile 1600 (shields 1100) Doesn't really crit.

Rocket Punch 2k (shields 2k) doesn't crit

Railshot 2k normal 3.4k crit (shields 1800)

Jet Boost (currently doesn't work...when i use it i get knocked back 40 meters..instead of my oponent)

thats all that i use if i use it in pvp.

I avg 300k damage per warzone. i run at least 6 per day...5 days a week. most of the pubs i play avg 450k dmg per wz. if its an elite team we're talking 600k each. so why again do we not need a damage boost? screw more run away abilitys. i'm tried of hitting folks in equal gear for half of what they smack me for. every Sent, Guard, Van, shadow worth his salt can smack me back to back 3 times for over 4k damage. thats less than 6 seconds of combat. not counting their Dots. i got nothing that can compare to that.

now if i'm doing something wrong..(aside from using a merc in pvp) please by all means. let me know. i want to be the most useful pvper i can be while playing a class i enjoy. because its the only reason i play this game.

Am i blind here or are you not using unload? Unload is my bread and butter, goto use that brah!

I dont play ranked because its pretty much dead on my server. Or you face guilds that only do ranked and get wiped /farmed/3capped ect... Random wz is far more rewarding then playing ranked if you loose. Id rather they fixed that issue then any thing els right now. Tho that said i agrea with the statments made that mercs/mando needs something. I can pull a 300k huttball esy not going for goals, i can do a 700k voidstar if im left alone. Pretty much destroy any thing if i get 2 tracers off before they notice. But the downside of doing good dmg is that when you do get focused not even a good player can shut you down. Try to swapp intrupts with a lighting sorc and see who wins? Getting a mara to 20% hp ... no problem , tho in the 4 seconds his imune his likly to get you down to 30% unless you popp shield and run like hell. Id love a 3 sec sprint or jetboost, wont help if you cant root the target or go imune to charge? The new rocket punch is awsome!!! i mean that was a game changer for me in"random" wz made me go arsenal again. I wold like to add 1 thing : Playing healer or dps why ooooh why cant i cleanse force dots/snares/stuns????? COMON its retarded its called cleanse? and i can only cleans **** from agent class and bh class? to be able to cleanse force root/snare and maybe stuns? wold open up the class so much. Think rocket punch root 4 secs no dmg, then cleanse to escape?? or just get rid of pesky sorc snares, war aoe snares ect...

Edited by bmhoff

Am i blind here or are you not using unload? Unload is my bread and butter, goto use that brah!

nah your not blind...i was pvping while forum surfing...my games the other night where horribad...so i kinda was like screw it..and was posting..so i did not post everything.

my unload is my heavy hitter...for the most part...i mean if an assassin pops his defence cooldowns it basicly kills all my attacks for those 4-5 seconds. if a mara pops his same thing. i don't recall numbers for mara's / sents..but for shadows and assassins we're talking between 0-25 damage for every attack i have.

Am i blind here or are you not using unload?

if youre blind then so am i :cool:

im willing to bet he just forgot to put it in there, as unload is a *massive* part of an Arsenal's damage output.

Dany they will always be out of touch with the most popular aspect of this game so long as they keep releasing 'Meet the Developers' and pumping out more worthless addons and cosmetics. I read most everything you say and I believe you are a true advocate for Mercs/Commandos. If they won't listen to your reason then I doubt Bioware will listen to any of these other guys either.

Though it pains me greatly to admit this I believe our classes best days are far far behind us...

thanks for your support, and dont give up hope just yet