Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked. I'd actually prefer nothing changes than the option BioWare chose.

The Australian region in particular have had terrible treatment in the course of this game. We had to import if we wanted to play in the first few months after launch. We were blocked from buying on Origin. Getting local servers was a massive redeeming factor, someone which was hugely appreciated - even though BioWare failed to advertise the game in our country (barely any of my Star Wars loving friends have even heard of the game). But now it seems we'll lose these servers, and along with them we'll likely lose our identity again.

Very sad. I thought SWTOR was in a time of going up, not down...

I would gladly resub and spend my usual $100 a month on Cartel Coins if the three servers were merged into a Super APAC server.

ATM I stay unsubbed and uninstalled.

I can't even play WOW atm due to being devastated by this announcement regarding APAC servers.

It's great to see nearly 700 people signed the petition.

Merging the servers will not solve the population problem.

As an example, it is 7pm in Eastern Australia right now so the start of peak time and about when I usually log in. I went to each of the 3 APAC servers and did a head count on the republic side.

The results are as follows.

Dalborra

Vanguard = 48

Commando = 62

Gunslinger = 47

Scoundrel = 27

Sage = 74

Shadow = 79

Guardian = 73

Sentinel = 100

Master Dar'nala

Vanguard = 12

Commando = 17

Gunslinger = 15

Scoundrel = 12

Sage = 22

Shadow = 20

Guardian = 23

Sentinel = 29

Grav Garagon

Vanguard = 17

Commando = 20

Gunslinger = 20

Scoundrel = 14

Sage = 29

Shadow = 24

Guardian = 28

Sentinel = 52

So all up around 900 people playing across all 3 servers.

Now I went back to my US server (The Harbinger) and did the same count. The results are below.

The Harbinger

Vanguard = 100+

Commando = 100+

Gunslinger = 100+

Scoundrel = 100+

Sage = 100+

Shadow = 100+

Guardian = 100+

Sentinel = 100+

So there are more people playing on The Harbinger right now than there are on all the APAC servers combined.

It is time to face up to the fact that not enough people are playing on these servers to make it viable to keep them open.

Unlike the rubbish that Jack keeps sprewing out. That is actually a fairly large number of signings protesting a decision that has only been spread by word of mouth. We're less than 3 days after a post was made on pg 250-odd in a thread General forum... and that many people are already showing their disappointment with EAs decision.

Just imagine how things will explode when they actually make an announcement to all of the player base. Is that why nothing has been sent out to APAC players? Since this post you've sent out another email advertising the upcoming expansion and encouraging people to pay for. But there is no mention that you plan on degrading their play experience soon afterwards.

This is disgusting bait and switch advertising, and it is illegal within the market that you are mainly doing this too.

Forums are used by a minority of players. Sticking a post on pg 250 of a thread in General discussion is not an announcement to the entire APAC player base.

ahahaha you can't be serious can you?

The server merges/ char transfers are talked about nearly every hour on both dalborra fleets..and the majority are all for it.

the only people having a cry about it are the forum lurkers/posters like yourself :rolleyes:

And no 600+ is nothing in the eyes of EAWARE you would need like 10,000 sigs for them to even take a glance. So GLHF trying to get anywhere with it. :rolleyes:

If you dont like the solution...don't play the game :tran_eek:

Edited by jackdaley

Merging the servers will not solve the population problem.

As an example, it is 7pm in Eastern Australia right now so the start of peak time and about when I usually log in. I went to each of the 3 APAC servers and did a head count on the republic side.

The results are as follows.

Dalborra

Vanguard = 48

Commando = 62

Gunslinger = 47

Scoundrel = 27

Sage = 74

Shadow = 79

Guardian = 73

Sentinel = 100

Master Dar'nala

Vanguard = 12

Commando = 17

Gunslinger = 15

Scoundrel = 12

Sage = 22

Shadow = 20

Guardian = 23

Sentinel = 29

Grav Garagon

Vanguard = 17

Commando = 20

Gunslinger = 20

Scoundrel = 14

Sage = 29

Shadow = 24

Guardian = 28

Sentinel = 52

So all up around 900 people playing across all 3 servers.

Now I went back to my US server (The Harbinger) and did the same count. The results are below.

The Harbinger

Vanguard = 100+

Commando = 100+

Gunslinger = 100+

Scoundrel = 100+

Sage = 100+

Shadow = 100+

Guardian = 100+

Sentinel = 100+

So there are more people playing on The Harbinger right now than there are on all the APAC servers combined.

It is time to face up to the fact that not enough people are playing on these servers to make it viable to keep them open.

This ^ great post mate. :)

But sadly QQers gunna QQ.

The server merges/ char transfers are talked about nearly every hour on both dalborra fleets..and the majority are all for it.

Clearly we play on different Dalborra servers.

A few of people are for it but they are definitely the minority most of the large guilds and hordes of players want an APAC super server which is a comprise to salvage our great ping and still have a healthy population.

Edited by PseudoScience

Clearly we play on different Dalborra servers.

A few of people are for it but they are definitely the minority most of the large guilds and hordes of players want an APAC super server which is a comprise to salvage our great ping and still have a healthy population.

Dont listen to psudeoscience,,Obvious Troll is Obvious. he's just lying trying to rustle peoples jimmies!

Seems to be the trend around here so i might aswell call people trolls when they disagree with my opinion :rolleyes:

Edited by jackdaley

Dont listen to psudeoscience,,Obvious Troll is Obvious. he's just lying trying to rustle peoples jimmies!

Seems to be the trend around here so i might aswell call people trolls when they disagree with my opinion :rolleyes:

We don't disagree with your opinion, we are just sick of you forcing it down our throats.

We get your happy, we get you don't care about our opinion and we also get you think we are wasting our time but calling us idiots and constantly antagonizing us is not in the least bit helping but rather angering the majority of us returning to see if any more of are expressing our concerns or an acknowledgement from BW so hence we are calling you a troll because you refuse to leave the thread and continue on with the same argument over and over.

Edited by keitzy

It applies due to the fact you're telling someone who wants to be a customer to go away, when here they are trying to be a happy player if they possibly can.

But yet this customer has intentions to QQ because they're not happy with the game developers decision? and voicing there opinions on the forum to which I rebutted says i'm not a fan of the game?

Sorry it doesnt make sense...not in any way, shape or form

We don't disagree with your opinion, we are just sick of you forcing it down our throats.

We get your happy, we get you don't care about our opinion and we also get you think we are wasting our time but calling us idiots and constantly antagonizing us is not in the least bit helping but rather angering the majority of us returning to see if any more of are expressing our concerns or an acknowledgement from BW so hence we are calling you a troll because you refuse to leave the thread and continue on with the same argument over and over.

Well firstly welcome to the internet.

And secondly I'm just rebutting everyone's argument against the server merges/ Char xfers and it may seem like the same thing over and over again but There are people who lurk these forums and don't post and I dont want their opinion/decision to be affected by illogical posts that make no sense at all because all it has been so far is "PING and TIMEZONE MORE IMPORTANT THAN POPULATION" that hold as much logic as the people who used to argue that the earth was flat.

Really if you're against the merges and you want to post on the forums either block me or don't post at all because I wont stand to have you affect the population of our new US servers with your illogical propaganda and lies!

Edited by jackdaley

Well firstly welcome to the internet.

And secondly I'm just rebutting everyone's argument against the server merges/ Char xfers and it may seem like the same thing over and over again but There are people who lurk these forums and don't post and I dont want their opinion/decision to be affected by illogical posts that make no sense at all because all it has been so far is "PING and TIMEZONE MORE IMPORTANT THAN POPULATION" that hold as much logic as the people who used to argue that the earth was flat.

Really if you're against the merges and you want to post on the forums either block me or don't post at all because I wont stand to have you affect the population of our new US servers with your illogical propaganda and lies!

ping is actually a big issue, im guessing you don't pvp, you probably dont need a low ping to be able to /emote

Yet you're the one saying most of Dalborra is for it when anyone who has actually visited our server since the announcement would know that it couldn't be further from the truth.

Edited by MrRuck