The current problem in warzones...

Rhys_lightning

Now, I hate to be that guy who wants to report about bad matches and bad games, but I feel like I need to get this out of my system, but people seem to forget that warzones are not 100% PVP, but more of a PVPVE, as people tend to forget that you need to follow objectives to win warzones, not get the most kills, with Bioware trying to find ways for the pvp community, it's perhaps best they make something(s) to make it more pvp, as people who dont follow obectives and just run straight into pvp have a higher chance at loosing warzones, so this solution should fix it.

Like for example for flashpoints and operations, there are filters, which let people choose of which one they want to do, now why can't we have something as that for pvp menus? and make additional pvp game modes in which suited for those who just wanna dive in to pure pvp, no objectives? so why not they make a mmulti menu choice screen like this?

Death match: ((aka the straight up pvp)) where it has game modes like team death match (8 v 8 for short all about kills), Free for all, like in the grand melee in bounty hunter story, 8 players fight in a free for all. Arena (non ranked) could too be placed there too as a option.and may aswell, 1v1 duels, not like the click on a player and duel, but placed in a arena fighting 1v1.

Then you got your objective game modes, hypergate, odesson, civil war, huttball etc.

It'# maybe just me or not, but im tired being in warzones with teams who focus 0% on the objectives by the false pvp before them, so make simpler modes for those who just want to dive in there and fight, I hope bioware make something as this in the future, as this could too help things in the pvp community for new content

Last I heard they plan on a menu where you can filter wz maps, but that won't help your situation much. I doubt they will ever implement a separate system that you described due to the pop not being robust enough.

Anyways, I get it. We get into bad groups sometimes, it's worsened by the fact that we can't leave it anymore imo. If they remove the debuff I think most of us can handle bad groups again as it's just more glaring with it.

people seem to forget that warzones are not 100% PVP, but more of a PVPVE, as people tend to forget that you need to follow objectives to win warzones

And you seem to forget what PvP actually means and confuse it with killing. Warzones are 100% PvP as there are zero NPCs who prevent you from doing objectives, there are only the players. PvP means player vs player, it doesn't mean deathmatch to win. If you play FIFA against your friend, it's PvP, too and there is no killing involved.

Edited by black_pyros

Idk, I find that you actually need these hulk characters in all warzones. It usually only takes and needs 2-3 ppl playing objectives. If you have too many ppl trying to go bigbrain youll often loose because you wont have enough ppl wired to fearlessly go smash.

Loosing the main fight is actually the reason you loose the WZ most of the time.

Im all in for a filtering system though. Arena is a massive *****how in regs.

And you seem to forget what PvP actually means and confuse it with killing. Warzones are 100% PvP as there are zero NPCs who prevent you from doing objectives, there are only the players. PvP means player vs player, it doesn't mean deathmatch to win. If you play FIFA against your friend, it's PvP, too and there is no killing involved.

I dont mean by the pve part of npc's. I ment by objectives, like huttball, hypergate, civil war, yavin ruins, void star, oddesson, the pve part is mianly the capture or get objectives to win ((sure hypergate requires you to kill people to get points)) but only when you catch pylon, if dont catch pylon, 0 points in end

I dont mean by the pve part of npc's. I ment by objectives, like huttball, hypergate, civil war, yavin ruins, void star, oddesson, the pve part is mianly the capture or get objectives to win ((sure hypergate requires you to kill people to get points)) but only when you catch pylon, if dont catch pylon, 0 points in end

You still seem to be confused. There is zero PvE inside warzones if I don't count the environmental hazards like traps in HB or pylon explosions in AH. You cannot call warzone objectives PvE, as all objectives inside warzones are strictly PvP oriented. That means, you ONLY fight other players and not AI-controlled opponents for objectives.

Unlike e.g. Operations, where you fight AI-controlled non-playable characters (literally not players) and that is called PvE - player vs environment.

I find it funny how ppl decided to play a pointless semantics game when you clearly understand what the op is talking about.

TBH my point wasn't really about meaning of terms, but more about OP suggesting, that killing opponents is somehow more PvP-ish than doing objectives (which he just misleadingly calls PvE), despite he clearly said he preffers objective play as well.

I find it disappointing, that current trend of thinking is, that somehow objective play is lesser than the "real" PvP of deathmatching and perhaps sadly it is even the reason, why I currently play forum PvP more than the in-game one. :(

Edited by black_pyros

TBH my point wasn't really about meaning of terms, but more about OP suggesting, that killing opponents is somehow more PvP-ish than doing objectives (which he just misleadingly calls PvE), despite he clearly said he preffers objective play as well.

I find it disappointing, that current trend of thinking is, that somehow objective play is lesser than the "real" PvP of deathmatching and perhaps sadly it is even the reason, why I currently play forum PvP more than the in-game one. :(

I didn't say I preffered objective play, what im saying is in most games recently in warzones 8/10 people do not follow the objectives to win but are blinded by full pvp by just going after the enemy players instead of objectives, what I'm trying to say is that they should make simply plane pvp fights like a 8v8 death match where theres no door opening or turret capture, as most games people do not seem to go after the objectives and just blindly charge to enemy players, thats what im trying to say. so idm if playing objective or not, what im saying is it gets annoying being on teams who ignore objectives and just charge to attack enemy players in which makes us loose, so its best they make a 8v8 team death match or free for all

I feel the same way, objective play is by far the most entertaining part of my PvP experience and diminishing it into something lesser is not great. To his defense I dont think he meant it like that but I do get what you are saying.

I just felt like the whole discussion were derailing into a semantics game. I hate when that happens cause it has a tendency to be designed to just mess with an OP or just to troll in general.