[Guide] Reverse Engineering

Slaign

I'm just starting to craft and reverse engineer items by synthweaving and honestly a little overwhelmed with the process at this point. Question if you have a cirt item with an augment slot, but no slicing, is there another way to get the schematic to augment?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just starting to craft and reverse engineer items by synthweaving and honestly a little overwhelmed with the process at this point. Question if you have a cirt item with an augment slot, but no slicing, is there another way to get the schematic to augment?

you can A) buy from gtn

b) ask a guildy to craft one for you

c) have an alt toon with slicing or cybertech make you one

I got from my guildies prototype Entropic Reaction D Implant - lev 50, BoE,http://db.darthhater.com/items/2043/%5Bprototype%5D_entropic_reaction_d_implant/

When I highlight it while trying to RE I don't see it avaible for learning schematic.

Is this a bug that we can't RE it or work as intended?

Hugs

Ciri

Edited by Ciridemarr

I got from my guildies prototype Entropic Reaction D Implant - lev 50, BoE,http://db.darthhater.com/items/2043/%5Bprototype%5D_entropic_reaction_d_implant/

When I highlight it while trying to RE I don't see it avaible for learning schematic.

Is this a bug that we can't RE it or work as intended?

Hugs

Ciri

That's not a crafted item...it's likely a quest reward or loot drop, and most of those are not able to be RE'd to get a schematic from them....

That's not a crafted item...it's likely a quest reward or loot drop, and most of those are not able to be RE'd to get a schematic from them....

it's a loot item we get them all the time from the lock boxes on the daily quest heroics missions. Illum, belsavis, the blackhole on Corellia

Sorry if this question has been asked before - I was wondering if it is possible to reverse engineer an item that is BoP and get a schematic for the same item that is bind on equip? Specifically, I'm sitting at 400 biochem and wondering if I can RE-EN the Rakata adrenals/stims I learn from the trainer and get a schematic that creates the same adrenals that are not BoP.

When this game first came out you could buy the missions or the overpriced rare crafting material itself. The server now has no players to contribute to economy. If that is going to be the case they better start artificialy adding inventory cause a lot of players are not returning. Consolidate Servers or ghee, duh, then what? Sorry but really frustrated with now a single player game that can't provide the player with the tools game designed players to use.

Sorry if this question has been asked before - I was wondering if it is possible to reverse engineer an item that is BoP and get a schematic for the same item that is bind on equip? Specifically, I'm sitting at 400 biochem and wondering if I can RE-EN the Rakata adrenals/stims I learn from the trainer and get a schematic that creates the same adrenals that are not BoP.

This is not possible.

• 1 month later...

Hey Slaign, question for ya!

You've obviously thought a lot about REing ... I don' know if this was asked an answered in the past but even then things have changed with 1.2 and 1.3, so: What are your thoughts on how RE can be improved to improve crafting overall?

I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to learn artifact quality mods/enhancements/armoring by RE'ing artifact quality items? If not, is it possible to learn artifact quality items without learning the premium by RE'ing prototype items you can buy at the GTN?

I don't know if this has been asked but is it possible to learn artifact quality mods/enhancements/armoring by RE'ing artifact quality items? If not, is it possible to learn artifact quality items without learning the premium by RE'ing prototype items you can buy at the GTN?

I think the short answer is no. There are no item mod schematics that I know of -- maybe someone else can chime in here -- that begin as Prototypes. Therefore, they all follow the simple Premium to Prototype to Artifact path and once they are Artifact quality, there are no further upgrades. Furthermore it's important to remember that as item mods, they follow the Linear progression for RE: you can only get one Prototype from the Premium, and only one Artifact from the Prototype.

... although, on a second read of what you asked, I can't say I know the full answer. Let me rephrase it for everyone else: If you buy someone else's crafted item mod and it is for a skill you know, can you successfully RE a Prototype item for which you do not know the Premium version and get the subsequent Artifact version, without ever having the Base or Tier 1 schematics?

Is that what you were asking?

Edited by finelinebob

... although, on a second read of what you asked, I can't say I know the full answer. Let me rephrase it for everyone else: If you buy someone else's crafted item mod and it is for a skill you know, can you successfully RE a Prototype item for which you do not know the Premium version and get the subsequent Artifact version, without ever having the Base or Tier 1 schematics?

If that's what he's asking, the answer is yes, at least for barrels. I usually RE'd my way to purple barrels as soon as I learned the green schematic, but a couple of times I got a blue as a quest reward that I hadn't learned the green of and RE'd them and got the purple version, then went to the trainer later and learned the green version, and then had to RE my way to the blue schematic.

• 2 weeks later...
I think the short answer is no. There are no item mod schematics that I know of -- maybe someone else can chime in here -- that begin as Prototypes. Therefore, they all follow the simple Premium to Prototype to Artifact path and once they are Artifact quality, there are no further upgrades. Furthermore it's important to remember that as item mods, they follow the Linear progression for RE: you can only get one Prototype from the Premium, and only one Artifact from the Prototype.

There are now schematics for some artifact level mods. (I have a link to a screenshot of the advanced agile mod 24 in my cybertech guide, courtesy of Copperhamster). His dropped from EV trash, but I suspect that it is simply a rare world drop off of high level mobs.

Black Hole/Campaign gear's mods and enhancements can be RE'd for schematics, as can the implants and earpieces.

The armorings found in black hole/campaign armor cannot be RE'd, but the type 26 (ilvl 61) ones dropped in Denova as boss drops can be. I'm uncertain whether or not crafted type 26 armorings can be RE'd to learn a new pattern.

Hello everyone. You may have noticed (or not) that I haven't updated this guide in some time. I haven't played since 1.2 and although I am planning to play again, I won't be putting the necessary time in to keep this guide updated.

As it is, it hasn't been updated since the 1.2 revision.

While the core information in the guide should remain relatively relevant, details are likely already out of date and will only grow more so.

As such, I'm opening it up to the community. If anyone wants to take any part of the guide for any sort of use, go for it. I'm all for someone using my guide as a base to continue updating it as needed.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
I have a Cybertech with skill 400. He can RE engineer rank 25 armorings and rank 26 armorings. But he has the "No research" possible probability of getting the recipe. These are armorings which are not slot specific and were dropped by ops bosses. Are there some preliminary recipes that must be learned first before I can successfully learn recipes by RE'ing rank 25+ items?

I have a Cybertech with skill 400. He can RE engineer rank 25 armorings and rank 26 armorings. But he has the "No research" possible probability of getting the recipe. These are armorings which are not slot specific and were dropped by ops bosses. Are there some preliminary recipes that must be learned first before I can successfully learn recipes by RE'ing rank 25+ items?

Can't learn 25s at all.

For the 26s make sure they are drops and not crafted by someone else. If they are crafted by someone else then you can not learn it. You don't need to do anything else prior to learning them.

I've seen crafted 26 armorings for sale on the GTN, but I've never seen crafted 25s.

To the best of my knowledge these can't be RE'ed for a schematic, but I could be mistaken.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i have about 6 advanced might armoring 26's and 7 advanced deft mod 26's. i have a a lowbie alt that i want to send these items to so i can re them and get the mats.i am not concerned with the schematics at this point. since my crafter is lower than the 400 level can i still re them to get the mats? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
If someone already said this in the 150 pages of posts in these 2 threads, sorry. But it is now possible to RE items for customs. I have RE'd chanlon boots and greaves as a synth weaver and have discovered custom chanlon greaves and boots. They also can be critically crafted quite often.

Reposting this since previous thread was closed.

Can components such as: Hilts, Color Crystals, Enhancements be Critically crafted?

What about Implants, Ear pieces & Relics?

Actually they can be critically crafted, you will get multiples if it is a critical craft.

IE: your making a stim pak, you will get a critical and instead of 1 you would get 2, it does not effect the quality in any way however.

i have about 6 advanced might armoring 26's and 7 advanced deft mod 26's. i have a a lowbie alt that i want to send these items to so i can re them and get the mats.i am not concerned with the schematics at this point. since my crafter is lower than the 400 level can i still re them to get the mats? thanks

I believe you must be able to craft the item, to be able to RE it, so the answer is no, if it requires level 400 to craft it, it would require level 400 to RE it, unless it has changed since my old crafting days

• 2 months later...