Ranked warzone pick up games

donthedondon

FYI you had a pub group that did the same thing

I was just pointing out that we did kind of form as a PuG pug but have become more than that now since we have grouped with pretty much the same people the last 5 nights we have done this since we are having so much fun. Not one of our players is overly dominating although we have some very good players all around. We are still learning the different ranked strats for each WZ. Im also pointing out that our "PuG" was very successful the last few days. We did beat that US/Uncensored team yesterday and lost only one to a very close Hypergates to Republic Gentlemen. I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of new names with the Republic Strike Back guild tag if you know what I mean ; )

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shin if you watchmen guys want to get in on this let CM or myself know, we picked captains and then picked teams.

We just ask you keep things fun for yourselves and others.

As for one team becoming more dominant, we're switching people in and out, trying to form balanced teams was our goal, so you didn't see any group with 5 smashers and a bubble stunner(lol Mizzos guild). If one team is becoming faceroll easy, changes will be made.

Shin if you watchmen guys want to get in on this let CM or myself know, we picked captains and then picked teams.

We just ask you keep things fun for yourselves and others.

As for one team becoming more dominant, we're switching people in and out, trying to form balanced teams was our goal, so you didn't see any group with 5 smashers and a bubble stunner(lol Mizzos guild). If one team is becoming faceroll easy, changes will be made.

Really? I don't think somebody was paying attention to profs.

Lol tell me which group had 5 smashers, I'll wait. I think at most the 4th group had 2 but they had to deal with people who came in late/after groups were made/leftover.

To-le was responding to the comment regarding that Mizzo's group (our RSB/Red 5 group) had 5 smashers because he saw 2 guardians and 3 sentinels. We had Shadee (smash sent), Muldoon specced smash other than Huttball as a guardian and Mizzo played smash as a guardian. Sowa played combat mostly I believe and I was watchman. If im not mistaken Blunty, Deviluhoh and Redek from Uncensored play smash on their A team as well.

Edited by Kirothen

I'm a little bit offended by those complaining about Uncensored or more specifically Devil and I, as far as I know we were the only two from uncensored queuing. We did nothing wrong, we were invited to join a PUG team and did so. I didn't even use adrenals except for the first match or two when I ran out and never used stims all night. From what I remember it was 4 Unicorns, Devil, myself and two others. We played groups with many more well known rated players than we had. All of the matches were close and challenging in fact if anyone paid attention to the numbers our heals were almost always below the other teams and our dps was often lower, we even lost two games.

Am I not allowed to queue for ranked anymore?

You are too awesome and getting nerfed moon! Soon your account will just be free to play!

No but seriously I think the skill level of your group was very high and some of the lower end pug peeps felt they didn't have a chance to win.

With that being said I give props to Luckyseven. I understand they lost most of their matches but kept queueing. I have been in those shoes before and its not always fun.

Also I bet all the "high" rated people are bringing their alts to these lol (nice to way to farm comms :rolleyes: ) If and when I see some mains (2200+) losing to some pug teams it will restore my faith in this project to "really" balance the community.

Kind of rich coming from the guy that quit our guild and Imp side almost entirely because he wasn't winning.

I left for several reasons....not winning wasn't on the list. Not queueing for PVP for regs and especially ranked was at the top, followed by some ppl I just didn't like in guild.

And who also used to leave our ranked warzone games back on CO when we had the whole imp side queuing and were teaching them how to be more co-ordinated in pvp because he got focused a little bit and couldn't handle the rage.

Practice what you preach.

Troyy's idea of balance was making me solo heal a ranked.....

Maybe if you were a better healer you would have been considered for the role and know what it is like.

Until then, keep making up stories. I find them entertaining.

If im not mistaken Blunty, Deviluhoh and Redek from Uncensored play smash on their A team as well.

Blunty is almost always combat/carnage, he might have run smash once or twice.

Devil's sentinel does run smash quite often.

Redek is a shadow.

We only ran 2+ smash once if I recall during a f*** around night and ppl made a big deal out of it so we stoped, we don't want to use this spec as a crutch to win our games, Devil and Guts are the 2 smashers we have and they use it because they actually enjoy the spec, i've never seen Dargos run another spec in warzone so i'm assuming he's enjoying that spec also which he's pretty damn good at it.

Overall tho To-Le our usual comp run only 3 DPS only, if you look at the screenshots from the records thread from games we had vs LD50 its almost always the fact.

When we played Republic Strikes back its the same also.

- Saerath / Panser

Edited by Amortys

I'm a little bit offended by those complaining about Uncensored or more specifically Devil and I, as far as I know we were the only two from uncensored queuing. We did nothing wrong, we were invited to join a PUG team and did so. I didn't even use adrenals except for the first match or two when I ran out and never used stims all night. From what I remember it was 4 Unicorns, Devil, myself and two others. We played groups with many more well known rated players than we had. All of the matches were close and challenging in fact if anyone paid attention to the numbers our heals were almost always below the other teams and our dps was often lower, we even lost two games.

Am I not allowed to queue for ranked anymore?

judging by previous posts, it sounds like a couple of your games were against an actual rated team. of red5s and rep strikes backers.

Edited by foxmob

Well if all these teams want to queue more often, we can try and queue more. We'll pick this back up in a week or two when it's dead again.

Xanxas i'm out of town right now so i can't message you in game , you didn't organize this so you're in no place to say we're gonna pick this up in a week or two its going to continue on tuesday. Stop speaking for all of ld.

For the rest stop with the negativity and arguing please.

Overall tho To-Le our usual comp run only 3 DPS only, if you look at the screenshots from the records thread from games we had vs LD50 its almost always the fact.

I am pretty sure I ran into that Uncensored A team this weekend for 3 games in a row. It had 3 healers, 3 dps, and 2 tanks. The fights were never close and often I felt we were just getting toyed with to pad stats. The team comp was very well thought out with all the different roles for stealth, guarding, and CCing.

Compare that to the RSB/R5 team. We have a core of 4-5 key players. Otherwise its "lets check our friends list" for the best available players. Last night we happened to have a all melee dps group. And suprise suprise on how we all got together. Most of us met in regular wz's or through forum posts of wanting to do ranked. I will say its flattering to see a pug get so much attention.

Edited by To-le
spelling derp!

I left for several reasons....not winning wasn't on the list. Not queueing for PVP for regs and especially ranked was at the top, followed by some ppl I just didn't like in guild.

Troyy's idea of balance was making me solo heal a ranked.....

Maybe if you were a better healer you would have been considered for the role and know what it is like.

Until then, keep making up stories. I find them entertaining.

Good way to completely avoid the point I was making. At no point did i call you a bad player or even dispute that you are "better" than me at any point. I merely pointed out your lack of commitment to any cause that doesn't serve your own purpose.

But its okay, you can tell me to L2P until the end of time and I still wont be as butthurt and elitist as you are.

I take it you didn't take the pug loses well seeing you felt the need to come into our mumble and demand we stop queuing? Hope your new years resolution is not to QQ so hard. :p

XIL

Nerf Smash Shadows right meow!

They are Too Powerful! those Duplicity Procs causing smash to do over 9000%damage!?!

BTW thanks for that awesome novare game, hadn't played such a fun match of spamming caps/stop caps in a very long time (lowbie btw).

Good way to completely avoid the point I was making. At no point did i call you a bad player or even dispute that you are "better" than me at any point. I merely pointed out your lack of commitment to any cause that doesn't serve your own purpose.

The point you were making is why am I so willing to help teach ppl how to play coordinated pvp now when I apparently didn't like doing it with you guys on the pub side. You took the liberty of making up your own reason with half truths, so I thought it wasn't worth addressing.

But its okay, you can tell me to L2P until the end of time and I still wont be as butthurt and elitist as you are.

Elitist....sure. Butthurt over what? That the only way your guild gets a ranked win is by facing pugs? Call it what you want, but I don't like being lied to by ppl pretending to be my friends.

I take it you didn't take the pug loses well seeing you felt the need to come into our mumble and demand we stop queuing? Hope your new years resolution is not to QQ so hard. :p

More embellishing on your part, I'm afraid. I believe I asked you pick up some sandbags from general chat, instead of uncensored, to balance out the fact the majority of your team was from the same guild. The response I got from Totherkins was "what can I say we like ranked comms". That sounds like someone not trying to game the system for sure.

I'll make my new years resolution to not QQ as you say, if yours is to actually queue for ranked when we have a guild group going.

They are Too Powerful! those Duplicity Procs causing smash to do over 9000%damage!?!

BTW thanks for that awesome novare game, hadn't played such a fun match of spamming caps/stop caps in a very long time (lowbie btw).

I know exactly which you're talking about. Had to switch dps half way through for us just to have a chance. :rolleyes: