Heroic Firestar needs Nerfed

Please take a look at the balance in Heroic Firestar on Balmorra. I am a decently geared level 21 Sith Inquisitor and HOLY COW!!! There is NO WAY that is a Level 18 Heroic. The Champs hit like MACK TRUCKS. I think the damage they throw out needs reduced just a little.

The encounter is fine, I healed though it on my sorc .. I tanked through it on my powertech.

Your either having a gear problem, spec problem, mechanics problem, or cc problem (which is really mechanics).

In short, not to be rude, but l2p.

At least half the heroics are far too difficult. I'm not sure where the people on these forums come from (middle school boasting lunchrooms?) but numerous groups I've assembled have disbanded in utter frustration, while at least attempting to use appropriate tactics. I've probably completed most of them, but that doesn't change the fact they're so frustrating as to alienate the majority of casual players (people literally aren't doing flashpoints and heroics because the difficulty is auto-jacked up to "hard," sometimes "very hard," by default.)

"Fall of the Locust" on Taris was impossible with three players who out-leveled the content by 4 levels. We only had one class with a CC, and the mobs weren't possible without 2-3 coordinated CCs. Good night and good luck.

They're all doable but they require the exact right/competent group, and then they can still be frustrating--it's certainly typical to see players only approach heroics when they out-level them by 3 levels (a sure sign they're badly designed.)

Very few of the group sections are casual fun with some challenge requiring coordination (like the single-player content). Somebody at Bioware is going to get fired for this, hope they're not reading this post, but you might want to talk to your boss about nerfing right now before they get the number of disbanded, frustrated groups back.

Very few of the group sections are casual fun with some challenge requiring coordination (like the single-player content). Somebody at Bioware is going to get fired for this, hope they're not reading this post, but you might want to talk to your boss about nerfing right now before they get the number of disbanded, frustrated groups back.

I didn't get the memo that said Heroics are intended to be 'casual fun', and out-leveling by 3 is nothing big at all.

LOL at your stupid comment about someone getting fired, stop being hysterical.

lol is this thread serious? This game needs WAY HARDER flashpoints. Completed all of them already after few weeks. In eq2 it took a hell of an effort to kill varsoon, now THAT was fun !

If they dont increase the difficulty they will start losing players soon, cause theres nothing left to do for maxed chars.

So, l2p or go back to ezpez WoW imo.

Companys **** up most (read: all) new mmos cause of crybabys like you, who claim everything is too hard. And what happens is they start to carebear everyone and make games ezmode like WoW. Not that swtor isnt ezmode... hell eq1 was the only really challenging MMO i remember, and still unbeaten. Until people started crying and they ****ed it up. Same thing happened to EQ2 and i guess WoW was better at the beginning but now it sucks cause everything is too easy.

Damnit i remember when i lost 10% exp for dying, and there were no ingame maps at all. And it was by far the most awesome mmo experience i ever had. So please bioware, if anything, make this game harder please !

Edited by Nelena

I'm leveling up as a sage, my friend is a guardian. He's in tank spec, I'm in dps spec with 2 point into heals for the 2.5 cast. We have 2 manned each and every heroic, be it 2 man or 4 man, that we have come across.

Honestly, I think it's less trouble to let the companion dps for us than to pug people. They may not always do what you say, but they're still more competent than alot of people reading general.

If you're trying to 2 man heroics with a sentinel and a gunslinger, yes you'll have problems, but if you give it any thought, you should be able to get through it without a great deal of trouble.

Sorry it's not 100% facerollable? But if we can 2 man it, there is no reason that other people cant 4 man it, unless they're bad or lazy.

If you belong to either group, there are lots of MMOs out there to cater to you.

Edited by Velyss

They are supposed to be hard, that's why they call them heroic. If you can't handle it then just skip them, or go back to wow where everything is easymode. You don't need to do them to level.... Edited by NasherUK

ive done this now both on my merc and assassin. didnt use cc for either. if you cant keep the tank up then its either not a true tank just a dps that is using the tank abilities or your a bad healer. the heroic has nothing wrong with it

Ow my party whiped on first try too but after my friendly advice to use their cc skills we managed just fine.

Most parties simply fail due to lack of knowledge (omg I have cc, where ?) or think they are OP (im sith, see me smash 2 hero's 2 elites and 4 strong mobs at once !!)

Ow and please, dont use those force pushes that can pull more mobs. (so yes, no aoe force pushing in the wrong directions)

No Firestart aint hard, it just requires a bit of thinking.

Edited by Kirameki

ive done this now both on my merc and assassin. didn't use cc for either. if you cant keep the tank up then its either not a true tank just a dps that is using the tank abilities or your a bad healer. the heroic has nothing wrong with it

The thing that stopped me on this heroic is that while I have around 3500 health at 21-22, the mobs in this heroic have at least 15K each.

I think most people who fail are either too new to mmos to know that they have CC, or come from WoW, which is a faceroll. They think this is going to be a faceroll or don't know how to play.

Either way, I have stopped relying on other people for my game experience, and am just doing the single player content.

I hope they don't change the difficulty, and the players realize how to play, and it is not just going to be a button smashing event.

Please take a look at the balance in Heroic Firestar on Balmorra. I am a decently geared level 21 Sith Inquisitor and HOLY COW!!! There is NO WAY that is a Level 18 Heroic. The Champs hit like MACK TRUCKS. I think the damage they throw out needs reduced just a little.

Please stop about making Flashpoints easier come on, players want a challenge. If they make FP's any easier people will leave and unsub, hope they make Op's and fp's even harder that's what mmo's should be about "Fun to be challenged"