To BioWare: DPS/Healing Meters

BioWare,

If addon support is not a top priority at the moment, please at least develop an in-game DPS and healing meters as soon as possible. When most guilds start raiding in January, this information will be very important in deciding who is doing their job and who is slacking.

The DPS/Healing meters can be very basic and just include the persons overall damage or healing per second and no further breakdown and display of the information is needed at this time.

Considering it should take one of your developers about 2 hours to simply create the box, make the user clients display the damage done to the mob by what player and in what amount of time, this is a fairly small request and it will make a very big game impact to raiders.

To the forum users: even though there is no combat log, the clients are still receiving updates as to what character is using what abilities and how much damage is being done, its just a matter of dividing that number by time in combat and displaying it.

Can't tell if srs.

You're missing the entire point of a story-based MMO mate, it's to have fun, not to say 'ZOMG U WIPED US U IDJIT -50 DKP'.

I hope you people end up leaving when you realise there are no 'world firsts' and that no one cares.

You're also missing an entirely different side to MMO's which is competition. If there is no competition then what is the reason to improve or get better? Developers have to appeal to both the hard core players and casuals and this can be a difficult task. Both sides will have requests but simply asking for a damage or healing meter is not that big of a deal. From your response I'm going to take the assumption that you are a casual player, and if I can give you any advice, I would suggest buying Mists of Pandaria.

P.S. /approve of damage / healing meters

Edited by Nukedmuch

The really annoying thing is that the code exists, and works in pvp, but isn't activated for pve.

There are a few vocal minorities that are really opposed to this (mostly 'cause they got kicked in the past for being bad), but for the rest of us, that use this tool sensibly, it's really valuable.

Please enable,

Thanks

Bioware,

please DO NOT add metres to the game. They are a cancer, and have been so in every game i have ever played where they are present. The focus should be on the game, not on the individuals score given you can never balance scoring on a role for role basis.

I have time and again seen people be picked on in game because of metres, they have no part in a social game like this.

Instead of just looking at a meter, why don't you actually get to know the player and his strengths and weaknesses? Bring the player, not the class? In MMO's its pretty easy to tell who is standing in the poop and who isn't without looking at a number.

While the game will have countless social aspects, there is also going to be an end game raiding aspect to the game. In an end game raiding encounter, it is vital to know who is doing their job and who is standing there only using 1 low damage move because they have no real idea on how to play the game.

Without a damage/healing meter many of the guilds that actually wish to defeat the nightmare raid encounters will simply stop playing due to the inability to weed out the bad players, or they will leave because you don't need to find good players since the encounters would be so easy where you can just "autoattack" it down.

DPS/Healing meters is a way to standardized what kind of performance level each person should be at, and makes it very easy to determine who is holding raids back.

In regards to your comment about comparing 1 role to another role, IE a tank vs a ranged DPS, that would be pointless and if your kicking your tank because he has low damage....you're doing it wrong.

If you are a raid leader and you need a meter on your screen to tell you which of your team needs some help learning how to perform their role better, you're the one failing, not them.

That's what being a leader is all about.

Please don't ruin the game by adding anything at all like meters for DPS, Healing or Threat. Let's leave it as a player cooperation and skill based game, rather than an inane bar-watching spreadsheet.