Black Talon - can't complete

The game crashes to the desktop when the ship goes to light speed after the conversation on the bridge. This repeats with new instances or instance reset and on different days. Graphics settings/resolution doesn't seem to change anything. Solo or different group leader makes no difference. Dismissed companion -- same thing. Different conversation options -- no difference. Repair game -- no difference.

PC has a i7-2600K CPU and dual 6950 GPU's. I've not had the game crash in any other situation so far.

Search function on these forums isn't available. Has this happened to anybody else? What's the solution?

That sounds like something in the wire'ing... (assuming you have recently updated your drivers and your graphics card isn't about to die) I would do a re-install or the quicker option (checkmark) the full game check on one of the log'in screens.

:csw_fett:

Edited by Massyma

I've done all of that. This hasn't happened with any other part of the game so far. Google search showed others with AMD Radeon cards (maybe a coincidence) having the same problem.

I've completed it 20+ times, never had this happen and I have 2 6950's.

Dunno man.

It happens 100% of the time regardless of video mode for me at this specific spot and nowhere else -- it's not the least bit random. Updated audio and video drivers. Windows event logs show no error in application, security, or setup when the game crashes to the desktop. If this were a defective hardware issue, the event logs would pick it up.

This on a Win7-64 SP1 system with 16GB, I7-2600K, and crossfired 6950's.

I found a workaround -- at least for the darkside choice -- hitting the spacebar continuously until the lightspeed animation is skipped allowed me to continue and finish the instance. There's something definitely wrong at that spot though.

Edited by LasCruces