Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

"But I can assure you that our developers do read the forums in a regular basis." They must drink alot these days or need to see a shrink for depression than. Can not blame the Dev's but management needs to answer for dropping th ball, again and again. This is the third population drop off in this game and they are causeing more.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, all servers saw a big drop right after the first event, that is when I moved because they were still giving all servers no answers about mergers or pvp cross servers. Sadly I had the same problem on a east coast server with the fleet population of 10-15 during peek hours.

They have replied, they have just not answered. I can not see why they just can not move everyone to a US server. They merged all the us server's into super servers.

Here's a crazy idea that is probably very flawed:

As far as I've thought about it, the only problem with applying maintenance for APAC servers at a different time to NA servers is that a whole bunch of Americans would flood our servers while theirs are down. (Although I'm not entirely sure about the nuts and bolts of maintenance, such as how easy it is to simply change when the servers go down for a particular region.)

Our servers being flooded from overseas could be a good thing in a way. Of course, I understand there are obviously a LOT more NA players than in the APAC area, so this "flooding" may cause ridiculous queue times, but the image of any sort of queue to get into one of our servers is somewhat of a nice one. Someone would have to do the math on how many people woul actuallyd go on APAC servers if only NA and/or EU servers went down (that's if it's even realistic to stagger the availability of/apply patches to different regions at different times). APAC servers could possibly share the load with EU?

Dunno; there's something wrong with this which can't be overcome, isn't there?

Edited by Master_Reuben

Can someone please post Joveth's twitter account, I don't care if it is personal or work.

I am going to create a twitter account tomorrow (I don't use social media) and start sending him links to this thread. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" guess it is time to squeak louder.

Can someone please post Joveth's twitter account, I don't care if it is personal or work.

I am going to create a twitter account tomorrow (I don't use social media) and start sending him links to this thread. "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" guess it is time to squeak louder.

Good luck :) .

Edited by Alduinsm

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thank you.

No one is surprised by this response....seems to be the stock standard answer to almost everything asked by us forum goers on any subject.

Why not just say your waiting to see how free to play affects server populations...I take it this is the real reason for the lack of any information. The higher ups at EA stating they expect F2P could bring in 10 to 50 million subs (LOL) so stuff the existing population over for all the potential new blood you may get. (Sony did this exact thing in Star Wars Galaxies with the NGE...doing over their existing player base for the potential new players they thought the changes would bring)

Hi folks,

Thank you.

Thanks for the update, but can you at least tell us if this is getting any priority as a fix? It has been several weeks since the server merges, and in reality a solution should have been established at the same time the European and US servers had their merges.

To simply forget about a whole region of paying customers is pathetic. The longer this situation progresses, the more the population bleeds, more people unsubscribe, and more bad rep is directed at this game. Bioware / EA really needs to pull there finger out if they think F2P will bring people to this game, because up until now, there is a steady decline in customers satisfaction with how the game is being managed.

Maybe the priority should be making the customers happy, rather than focusing on keeping EA board members satisfied.

To simply forget about a whole region of paying customers is pathetic. The longer this situation progresses, the more the population bleeds, more people unsubscribe, and more bad rep is directed at this game. Bioware / EA really needs to pull there finger out if they think F2P will bring people to this game, because up until now, there is a steady decline in customers satisfaction with how the game is being managed.

Just wanna echo this sentiment. Every day that goes by, more and more people are just stopping logging in and starting to unsub. No reason to log in, no one is around to play with. Pvp queues getting longer, and now can only pvp during a limited few hours of the day before it's done. F2P isn't going to bring these people back, and given that it's already been stated that F2P players will have limited access to things like WZs per week, it still limits the amount of people paying subscribers have to do things with.

People would log in and support this game more if they knew there was going to be a decent population of people to play with that day, and if the oceanic community didn't constantly feel forgotten about by BW/EA. Oceanic players already tolerate far more than any other region with the weekly maintenences always in our primetime, and extended patches eliminating an entire day of playtime fairly often. We are repaid for our loyalty by being continually snubbed for equal services that the other regions get. While they have gotten merged (NA servers got merged TWICE!) to make sure they have enough population, we aren't even told if we will ever be provided with such a service.

It's exhausting to constantly get forgotten about. It doesn't even seem to me like BW/EA cares at all whether or not we stay subbed, and that's a shame. Just because we have a smaller population doesn't mean we are worthless as customers. Stop putting this off, stop having a "wait and see" attitude while more and more people leave the game. We've waited far longer than the other regions, and we deserve to have this be a priority issue.

Hi folks,

Thank you.

Aaaaand that is me done for good. My unsub was a temporary one in the hopes that you would wake up and acknowledge that there is a problem with APAC servers. However, your inability to realise that populations were dropping extremely fast (down to 40 people on fleet when I last logged in 11 days ago) will mean that my unsub is permanent.

This is really such a shame. This game in its moments is fantastic, and there is such a simple fix to this issue, yet you continue to ignore our plea's.

Yeah, its almost as if they want us to feel annoyed and ignored and eventually force us to unsub, so they can state that there were not enough people to support APAC servers and therefore the need to close them down, and help save some $$. Who the hell knows how EA thinks. They've already mentioned they consider this game as 'not successful'. Maybe they really want us out, to cut costs.

No one is surprised by this response....seems to be the stock standard answer to almost everything asked by us forum goers on any subject.

Why not just say your waiting to see how free to play affects server populations...I take it this is the real reason for the lack of any information. The higher ups at EA stating they expect F2P could bring in 10 to 50 million subs (LOL) so stuff the existing population over for all the potential new blood you may get. (Sony did this exact thing in Star Wars Galaxies with the NGE...doing over their existing player base for the potential new players they thought the changes would bring)

THAT

waiting to see what will happen with F2P I guess... so one more month or so to wait... Thanks a lot, do we get a month for free since right now we pretty much pay for nothing?

A broken game (thanks 1.4) and no players to play with... (remember what the MM means in MMORPG??)

Guys remember when the giant number of servers went dead and peeps started rerolling(but we have too few servers for this to be effective)? It took 4-5 months to get server merges.

We are now entering month 2 for Aussie servers. Got 2 or 3 to go, but by then we'll be REAL dead. :mad:

Hi folks,

Thank you.

You also said:

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

So, from this we can assume you have decided to do nothing, as you value your potential customers you don't have yet more than the paying ones you have right now. Or, more likely, that you do in fact want to close down the APAC server and the more people that quit the less hassle it is for you.

I can't believe during those few days a decision wasn't made and that you know we won't like it so you simply aren't telling us. I believe there are laws regarding customer service and obligation to provide support for a product like this. Bioware is obviously trying to provide the minimum level of service, in doing so you risk crossing the line and being liable. Ban me if you like, do me the favour of not wasting any more of my time on a company that does not value my patronage.

Edited by Evgen

At this point I dont care what the solution is as long as there is a solution.

I will transfer to US servers and play untill it becomes crap due to ping etc, I will play on the merged server regardless of if it is pvp/pve/rp. I will do practically anything to make this game better as long as I get more people to play with as with the current pop on MDN, I think only 2 guilds are even attemption 16M and as a person who loves endgame raiding I would like to be able to do 16M hm tfb, which is pretty impossible at this time.

I dont care what BW does, as long as it does someting, or tell us they wont do anything and then I can make proper decision if it is worth investing more time into this. If BW come and say we wont get a merger/transfer then that is fine too, but this "Unfortunately we have no new info" is ********.

Why do you have no new info? What did you do in the 3 weeks about this issue? Was it discussed and no consensus was reached? Were you too bust getting 1.4.1 that you did not get the time to review this matter? is there another scheduled meeting "Soon" where this will be on the agenda? Has BW and EA given up on this? Do they realize this will have impact beyond TOR as I for one am willing to give up on EA/BW games completely.