Ranked PvP

MelliMelon

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This isn't Peter Pan land man.

Dude I'm terribad. I say this with no hint of irony or false humility. I face tank, I plant in the melee to reach healers, i fat finger keys, and i space out or overestimate my capabilities guarding nodes.

Getting better though I think. At least better gear.

Nah I wouldn't say you're bad. Good enough that I have to make sure I kill you before you get a chance to kill me in a warzone. :p There are certain people that if left unchecked can inflict major damage on a team, most snipers fit that criteria, including you. Not only am I usually the only one on my team beating on healers, but I'm 99% of the time the only one who goes after snipers too, for the reason stated above.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Is there any interest in doing ranked next Monday on the test center? A workaround has been figured out for most of those who couldn't copy to the test center (strip companions of gear and chuck it in the cargo hold).

Maybe we could get teams from other servers queued as well, if we put up a notice on the PTS forum.

Say what you want about pickup teams, Imperials can get PUG teams together at any time like no other.

Its' just too bad most the time they try to split into two equal teams for queues so they get steamrolled by any guild who hops in.

Edited by FROIDBUSTER

Say what you want about pickup teams, Imperials can get PUG teams together at any time like no other.

Its' just too bad most the time they try to split into two equal teams for queues so they get steamrolled by any guild who hops in.

We have been Q'ing for competetive ranked each Monday the past 4 months. Don't queue if you're not going to do competitive. It's silly we have to re-iterate this each week haha. Don't get mad at us. :rolleyes:

Oh we (Solatium) tried a Ranked PVP last night and got stomped by Infamous. At least it was fun holding the middle from them.....

We may try to queue more often on Mondays to get the queue popping for you lot, although we are probably not going to give you much of a competive fight.

More teams on Mondays would be great. Unfortunately, Grim wasn't able to get our team together last night.

If there are other teams/groups of people who want to queue on other nights, I'm sure we could generate interest. We do have another night where we face BSR, and those nights have been fun.

Oh we (Solatium) tried a Ranked PVP last night and got stomped by Infamous. At least it was fun holding the middle from them.....

We may try to queue more often on Mondays to get the queue popping for you lot, although we are probably not going to give you much of a competive fight.

Hey props for queing up tho! You guys did good holding middle, I see bright things in your guilds future and its not just fekens light blue sabers ;-).

Looking forward to future matches.

More teams on Mondays would be great. Unfortunately, Grim wasn't able to get our team together last night.

If there are other teams/groups of people who want to queue on other nights, I'm sure we could generate interest. We do have another night where we face BSR, and those nights have been fun.

I'm going to be creating a second ranked day and it will be called.... Idk yet

Anyway it'll be for guilds like ASB and Grim there "B" or w/e you call it and for guilds like BSR - and w/e their A team

I'm talking to people about it so plan on it happening in like 2 weeks or something - should be fun and a chance for those who don't typically do ranked to do ranked. It will still be competitve, just not as competitve as Monday

We had 3 matches against GD, 2 matches against Infamous, and GD and Infamous kept queuing after we had to go to bed :). Thanks for the matches, all! I need to optimize my computer better for next week (or maaaaybe not play on all the top visual settings...) so I can FRAPS some more huttball.

Thanks for the games last night, sorry we weren't much of a contest on Huttball, I don't think any of our guildies like that match.

But seriously if you are going to use the /stuck exploit on ACW and then lie about not using it, I mean come on guys you were dominating us at the time there was no need to use this exploit. Before you say you didn't bear in mind that I saw at least 3 taxis drop on the side guarded with 2 members just as we were about to get the upper hand and considering nobody was attacking mid and snow I wonder how the 3 taxis appeared ;)

I suppose in rated warzones the objective is to win by all means necessary, Lets just say we got a bad taste in our mouth from the experience.

Oh well, all I can say is great Huttball games, we were totally schooled in the tactics, we were weighed and measured and came up short :)

Hey N'abi, as organizer of these nights, I can tell you with almost complete certainty that none of these teams use the /stuck exploit in ranked. What I would recommend is that you turn on your kill-chat-log (the thing that shows "defeated by X with Y move (Z damage)") and it will show you if someone uses /stuck by putting out a message "defeated by Kill Target (0 damage)", so in the future, if there's ever confusion or suspicion, you can know for sure or not. Then if anyone uses it, you have evidence, and if they don't, you know that they were playing fair.

The only time this can backfire is sometimes you get auto-stucked by terrain or pulled off the bridge in voidstar (the latter case you sometimes NEED to use /stuck to get out, it just traps you there and the former... well, let's just say I doubt 3 people would get terrain /stucked at once.)

Edited by MelliMelon

What I would recommend is that you turn on your kill-chat-log (the thing that shows "defeated by X with Y move (Z damage)") and it will show you if someone uses /stuck by putting out a message "defeated by Kill Target (0 damage)", so in the future, if there's ever confusion or suspicion, you can know for sure or not. Then if anyone uses it, you have evidence, and if they don't, you know that they were playing fair.

I'm not sure that would actually work in a game like Civil War. Correct me if I'm hideously wrong, but I think you only get kill messages from people you didn't kill (e.g., /stuck's "defeated by Kill Target") if you're in the immediate vicinity. I'm pretty sure it's not broadcast throughout the warzone. In a Civil War, the /stuck exploit would be used to teleport from one node to another; if people are killing themselves at snow to get to grass, I don't think you'd normally see the "defeated by Kill Target" message unless you still had people fighting at snow in the /stucker's immediate vicinity.

All the same, It's generally a good idea to have kill messages turned on. Those "defeated by [your DOT]" messages are satisfying from the respawn area :p

Edited by stringcat

I will bear this in mind but there was definately something fishy going on in the WZ as Taxis were dropping yet nobody was being killed.

I do not want to call out anyone in particular but as we are new to the ranked scene it just put a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not sure that would actually work in a game like Civil War. Correct me if I'm hideously wrong, but I think you only get kill messages from people you didn't kill (e.g., /stuck's "defeated by Kill Target") if you're in the immediate vicinity. I'm pretty sure it's not broadcast throughout the warzone. In a Civil War, the /stuck exploit would be used to teleport from one node to another; if people are killing themselves at snow to get to grass, I don't think you'd normally see the "defeated by Kill Target" message unless you still had people fighting at snow in the /stucker's immediate vicinity.

I remember a match not too long ago when I was at east, and then I saw 3 stuck messages and 3 subsequent speeders to east with the same people. I would assume they were at west, else they probably wouldn't have used it. Either way, it's good to be safe. I'd do some experimenting on it, but it might make the people in my warzone upset :)

And yeah, N'abi, I can understand that. The other thing would be to talk to Denikus/Xerec (Infamous), Melyn (ASB), Approxy (GD) to talk about it. All three of us are very good with communication and want the games to be as good as possible. Alternatively, if you get sick of us, I think BSR and GD's B team queue on Friday evenings. Asking Urdnought or Approxy about that is probably your best bet. It's always good to see new people on the ranked scene though.

Edited by MelliMelon

Personally I dont mind the fact that we are undergeared and over matched in skill/tactics. I am a firm believer that to get better you have to play the best.

I just hope you lot don't get sick of us as we are easy prey.

It was funny trying to take out ppl in Elite WH on my 400 expertise tank :)