Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I just got 'live chatted' by a customer service droid ...

I have a screen dump if anyone is interested but basically they just said nothing is planned yet and pointed me back to the message that Joveth made weeks ago about something being decided "in a few days"..

I would just like to see a post about whether they have made up their minds. Just a simple "We have made our decision and we will let you know next week."

Are you kidding me? That wouldn't appease me at all, in fact quite the opposite.

I'd be like "I've also made my decision and I'm sure you figure it out after I finish my unsubscibe form."

If they said what they are in fact considering and how, so we could give feedback, and show us they are in fact listening to that feedback, that would appease me.

it's been nearly 2 weeks. They've made up their minds. They won't tells us their plans though (insert Gollum voice)

Nassty game publisherzes, wonts lets us have our preeeeshassssss

Update: My own and the 2 accounts to play with my kids all cancelled.

I hope they hear that.

Edited by Evgen

i do not care if my name is taken due to a merge/transfer.

i do not care if the latency goes back up to 200+

i DO care about not being able to play this game (that i pay a subscription for) to its potential due to lack of population.

SO please provide us with an update on APAC population issues Bioware.

State of Gav Daragon Server PVP ques

Swtor: Paid Subscription, Log in and que for 2 hours prime time and "HOPE" to see a pop and "Maybe" get 1 warzone if your lucky

Vs

GW2: A whole lot of fun and things to do with a healthy population of players, for 2 hours.-Free

Guess which one I pick? :-p

Goodbye Old Repbuglic-Unsubbing as well

I've tweeted Joveth again asking for an update.

Any chance you can put a link up to the Twitter post Tom? Would be interesting to see if we get a response there again.

The Devs need to start showing a little transparency in their decisions for this game, especially when it comes to upcoming features that will keep the existing player base here.

Case in point is what is happening with APac servers. To be told "a few days", then silence for weeks makes it look like they want to bury the thread and hope all is forgotten, and people stay subbed. The occassional update, even if they were to say they are still crunching the numbers, or waiting for F2P would at least keep some people happy.

On a side note, would really be nice to have info posted on the official site, and not have information solely released via Social Networking sites. Maybe I'm a bit of a ludite, but i really dislike Facebook, etc, and I should be able to find relevant information about the game on this site as well.

people in BOSS seem to be getting updates via live chat indicating something might be announced in 3-4 days time ... don't quote me on that

A good example of what I was stating. If it does happen, it would have been nice of the Devs to let us know here in order to appease the community.

Edited by Mjollnir

Has it really been 2 weeks since they said that they are looking into it? Doesn't time fly when ur have fun it TFB!

I honestly wouldnt know, maint screwed up my guild run on releaase night and I havent seen more than one other guildie online at a time since. not enough guilds to pug it with and not even enough randoms to pug SM with either.....

Has it really been 2 weeks since they said that they are looking into it? Doesn't time fly when ur have fun it TFB!

So it isn't an issue because it does not affect you?

Even though Dalborra has a skeleton crew and is marginally servicable to play on, from comments it appears the other two servers do not have this luxury. As a community, we want to see something done so we can all enjoy playing the game,

I think it's time to start send pm's to JovethGonzalez. Maybe the only way we can get some answers. Sending in-game tickets is pointless as are emails to cs. Their cut/paste responses are no help to anyone, better to save their time & allow them to not help others with other issues :p

on the contrary, they have moved away from cut and paste and are now live chatting.

keep raising tickets, lots of them and keep letting them know we're not happy

The way that EA/BW are treating this game is disgusting. They seem fully content to let the AP servers run with fleet populations of less than 50 people during peak hours. It seems obvious that the people in this thread would be more than willing to have a consolidated server that would help alleviate the population problems that are currently plaguing the separated PVE/PVP/RP servers. The only reason I can figure for their lack of movement on server consolidation for AP servers is the fact that it would impact the share price by admitting that not many people want to subscribe... This will impact their CEO's bonus as well as the bonuses of numerous employees. Why doesn't EA/BW just admit that they don't care if the game is well made and tell people that the main concern is whether or not they can pay dividends to shareholders while their CEO/employees reap financial benefits...?

I think it's time to start send pm's to JovethGonzalez. Maybe the only way we can get some answers. Sending in-game tickets is pointless as are emails to cs. Their cut/paste responses are no help to anyone, better to save their time & allow them to not help others with other issues :p

LOL, speaking of cut and paste, some CS dork copied their response to me twice in the return message. Yep. Real Customer Service winners there.

It went something like this...

Thank you for your bug report, forwarding the information on. You won't get any updates. Sincerely CS Droid.

Thank you for your bug report, forwarding the information on. You won't get any updates. Sincerely CS Droid.

lol

Edited by americanaussie

The way that EA/BW are treating this game is disgusting. They seem fully content to let the AP servers run with fleet populations of less than 50 people during peak hours. It seems obvious that the people in this thread would be more than willing to have a consolidated server that would help alleviate the population problems that are currently plaguing the separated PVE/PVP/RP servers. The only reason I can figure for their lack of movement on server consolidation for AP servers is the fact that it would impact the share price by admitting that not many people want to subscribe... This will impact their CEO's bonus as well as the bonuses of numerous employees. Why doesn't EA/BW just admit that they don't care if the game is well made and tell people that the main concern is whether or not they can pay dividends to shareholders while their CEO/employees reap financial benefits...?

Tin foil hat time. They are just delaying it until paid server transfers.

bioware your a pack of dorks and that other idiot with his delaying tactics can shove this game I have had enough of there crap why should I spend my money on something when i am getting treated like a dog.

Woof woof bow wow wow woof wow bow wow woof!

EDIT: Grrrrrrrrr!

Edited by -Holmes