I like Disney Star Wars

The_True_Izanagi

Does that make me a bad person? Disney gave us some of the best star wars work. (I think the Sequel Trilogy is better than the Prequel trilogy)

Nah. (For the record, you're not alone. I like the sequel trilogy so far too.)

There are... certain people on the internet who'll think otherwise, but you are allowed to like what you like.

So far I think they're fine, wasn't a huge fan of the last one, but it also wasn't awful. The way I look at it, I would rather have the franchise in the hands of a company that wants to continue on with it, then let it die with Lucas. In other words, I would rather have more Star Wars movies and other projects, then none at all.

My feelings on Disney are still mixed.

I didn't really like TLJ or Solo, I did enjoy TFA though, and Rogue One and Rebels were excellent. Mandalorian is shaping up to be at worst decent (taking awhile to get anywhere so I still haven't made up my mind overall)

With Lucas all we had being produced was TCW. While very good (and finally being finished under Disney), it was still limited. Maybe Disney is putting out some subpar Star Wars (whatever that is) amongst the good stuff, but at least we are getting some good stuff.

I've actually enjoyed all the Disney SW movies so far (to be fair some more than others)... at least I have far far more than the prequels. Personally, I felt the prequels were complete garbage.

Full disclosure, I am relatively old and actually grew up on the OG trilogy, so take my opinions with a grain of salt :D

It's kind of interesting though... if you compare the Disney movies to the prequels, you can see that Lucas was a gifted world builder, but really really bad at writing and directing characters. Disney seems to be the reverse to some extent. I love the characters in the squeal movies (and on a side-note the partial return to animatronics), but felt the world building and setting could have used some work (ie where did the First Order come from, whats the deal with the knights of Ren, etc).

IF Disney improves on the world-building/backstory some, I think the SW universe is probably in as good a hands as we could hope.

Puritans may argue but Disney, although a rocky start, will take Star Wars to the next level. Disney has the means, resources, and capability that Goerge Lucas never had. It's my opinion that the future of Star Wars should be left in the hands of Dave Filloni and Jon Faverau.

Well i will wait and see if that happens. Not much good has happened yet.

Fallen Order had great gameplay. But we had Jedi Knight games 20 years ago, Fallen Order hardly took anything to next level. Fallen Order had one brilliant scene at the end, but it was slightly let down by ex machina survival of that someone who that epic someone threw down. Other than that story was boring.

It is a good start though. Maybe expansions or next game will give us something that takes Star Wars to next level, which imo is Mass Effect 3. If we get story focused Star Wars game as good as Mass Effect 3 minus the ending, it would be brilliant. Release endless amounts of good story expansions and i would be forever praising the Force.

And SWTOR, nothing here about next level to be seen.

But i am sure Disney will make lot of money with Star Wars. I just wish i could like it as much as i liked Star Wars pre-Disney. Legends had lot of crap, but Fate of the Jedi is my favorite Star Wars book series. And there was some other good stuff too, i was interested in Fel Empire, Imperial Knights and Jaina getting married to Jag, who would become Emperor.

With Disney in charge, Jaina would divorce Jag and Empire would become evil guys again, and throw away all other development that happened for last few (rl) decades of Star Wars.

But good if you can enjoy Disney era of Star Wars. I do believe that if you like Disney Wars, a bright future ahead, you will have.

Edited by TheRomanRuler

You shouldn´t feel ashamed for liking something just because someone says "You´re not a fan since you like something"..

I´ve personally enjoyed almost everything new in Star Wars under Disney, be it films, tv-series or books. The Last Jedi is my favorite Star Wars film (we´ll see if The Rise of Skywalker tops that), Rebels was an amazing series and the new books we´ve been getting have been very, very good imo, especially with ones written by Timothy Zahn and Claudia Gray (Christie Golden´s Inferno Squad has been by far the most sub-par novel I´ve read but that´s personal preference).

I also enjoy Legends very much, it was one of things that fueled my interest for Star Wars when I was younger, and still is an influence for my love to Star Wars.

IMO, the Disney Star Wars movies will be well regarded in a few years.

I mean, look at what happened to the prequels. Hating on them like they were the essence of evil was all the rage for a few years. Now, I consistently see people talking about how underappreciated the prequels are and how they got a bad rap. The Disney movies are far better than the prequels, so I think the rebound effect will happen even sooner/in greater magnitude for them.

Look, Star Wars has always been dumb. If you watch the original trilogy without nostalgia goggles, they're dumb movies. The acting is borderline bad (particularly in A New Hope). The dialogue is cheesy as hell.

But it's freaking Star Wars. So it's awesome. I mean, I love 'em. I'm a hardcore SW nerd - read all the legends books, watched all the TV shows - I even watched the freaking Christmas special. Twice.

And guess what? I like the Disney Star Wars movies. A lot.

Star Wars has always been dumb. It's also always been great. Because it's Star Wars. The Disney movies are no different.

CinemaWins has a great video on the Last Jedi that mirrors my feelings about Disney Star Wars. Here's a link if you want to watch:

It's a great video that I think everyone who's legitimately angry about Disney Star Wars for whatever manufactured reasons should watch.