[PETITION] Please Buff Rewards Gained From Warzones! Stop Punishing Your PvP'ers!

MrJurgens

PS: Totally understand why you like PVP more, it is less predictable and sometimes more challenging. PVP is much like what is said by Han Solo in Star Wars "Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living..."

You will however get much better at PVP by also doing PVE and Vice versa those that only do one or the other will only stifle their skills and abilities. You also need this experience to at least find datacrons for your main character because at level 55 without anymore "Bolster" every little bit counts.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't just take a few seconds every thirty minutes to refresh your gathering missions, and about 5 minutes a day to put everything in the GTN, the problem is you - not the game.

Seriously, 30k is all you need. You can make 100k-500k a night depending on crits and attention span while you warzone your brains out for a few hours. I do it, and made over a million in profit last week rather lazily.

I don't know why anyone would need over a million credits a week. Increased rewards would be nice, but it's no where near needed like the case you're making.

The problem is that the people who do PvE can do this as well. So the problem the OP is talking about PvPers' funds remains unchanged : PvPers earn less than PvEers.

In addition, I don't think the incomes from selling materials will remain high if everyone start to farm missions and sell the mats. The GTN would become overflown by these and they wouldn't sell at all. So no, this kind of solution isn't viable when the problem affects everyone, because its interrest becomes null if applied to everyone.

/agree

And to go one further:

Why not have a reward buff for those pure/majority PvPers and I am sure that there are smarter people out there that could do the math to ensure its far/reward verse effort verse pure PvE dailies.........

For those of us that are majority PvPers our Level Vs. Rank equal, and if it is you qualify/get a cash buff bonus. I would start the bonus at level 20 (should give everyone a chance to catch up)

Remember must be within 1 level... this could blow out to 2 or 3 but looking at my experience and I have 7 alts, each one Rank= Level, except if I have just gone up a level.

Rank 20 - 29 = x 1.25 cash

Rank 30 - 39 = x 1.5 cash

Rank 40 - 54 = x 1.75 cash

Rank 55 = x 2 cash carried on....

So if you catch the PVP bug late and then go PvP coco bananas to catch up, and if it takes you till the 40s to equal out.. you would qualify for that level reward.

Amounts can change... could start at 2 or 3 times... Because I do not Raid or do Ops I do not get access to the true money maker - selling the rare drops ... I will never have 2 or 3 million in the bank because I focus majority on PvP and am a just above basic for the other areas.......

OK ready to be slapped about.... and your time start

NOW!

Edited by Cammur
mistakes

The problem is that the people who do PvE can do this as well. So the problem the OP is talking about PvPers' funds remains unchanged : PvPers earn less than PvEers.

In addition, I don't think the incomes from selling materials will remain high if everyone start to farm missions and sell the mats. The GTN would become overflown by these and they wouldn't sell at all. So no, this kind of solution isn't viable when the problem affects everyone, because its interrest becomes null if applied to everyone.

Yanno, I thought the same thing. I really did. But at the rate the GTN empties of Turadium and Mythra from about 15 regulars putting stuff in at similar (or lolareyouhigh) prices, it defies logic. I think people just don't realize it, even though its been spelled out in the forums for ages.

Just getting the needed purple 54 earpieces recipes requires 100s of these mats. If your luck streak is terrible, you'll pass 500 of each easily. Keep in mind, average return on each mission is about 7.

I've had to merchant in every other mmo Ive ever played FTP or Sub (the list is...huge) to make good steady money, this is the first one I haven't had to.

I can get behind the fact that PvErs make WAY more money than PvPers.

Adding a bonus to warzones however runs the risk of afkers, or more medal farmers (if reward is by medal), taking away quality from the warzones. It's like the Tuesday Wednesday weekly effect: Warzones are TERRIBAD during these days unless you get a premade going. Last night I did 6 warzones as a solo PUG. 1 was a win. 4 of those were so bad and full of idiots and such a huge landslide, if all PvP was like that I would have quit this game long ago. The rest of them later in the evening I got lucky or went in with a premade, and they were good times - and all wins save the one really hard fought loss that was fun as hell.

Seriously, the people who queue for weeklies just to "Show up and hopefully get credit and be carried" are a huge burden on the fun experience of warzones, I'm not surprised from a design perspective they haven't added in anything other than warzone coms.

Yea I don't farm em in open world, I just hit the missions. Although, if you have NOTHING to do while waiting on the Queue and you have all your datacrons, Makeb is easy profit from mats.

But you are right, its hand over foot profit and money insanity comparing PvE to PvP. Like I said I can get behind that, but you *can* make money just fine while pvping with crafting is my point. You don't even waste credits, if you upload the stuff into the GTN after 30 minutes they sell for profit almost instantly at times.

Go look up Turadium and Mythra prices on your server (Much better profit than Artifact). Write em down on quanities and price. Board PM me later. I can give you a 5 minute convo on how to make money at 450 Scavenging literally and figuratively in your sleep. Same works for Biochem mats, I just haven't gotten that toon up high enough level yet to give concrete numbers. I kid you not, I made over 1 mil last week from ONE crafting mat type.

With crafting, I guess it works like this: you have to spend money to make money. The thing is, strictly PvP'ing while working on crafting is very hard with the little amount of credits we can produce. It's much easier for PvE'ers since they can go through the grind of doing dailies, FPs, Ops, etc. since that's their preferred play style. PvP'ers would rather not spend the little amount of credits they get, in hopes of it later to possibly turn into a fortune.

You may it sound very easy because you must be experienced in crafting and in playing the market, but a player like myself would rather steer clear of all that undercutting and competition in the market and receive the profits through a PvP style of play.

I appreciate you for giving this thread some insight on crafting and mats, though! :)

They don't stay at spawn.

They just kinda move every couple of minutes off in a corner or at a capped node. They don't even fight when attacked. They don't respond in Ops or whisper. This is most prevalent on Tue & Wed on BC as people are just doing dailies/weeklies. It's really annoying. With the rate that BW chases down blatant hackers with multiple reports and video, I figured this would be so bottom of the barrel it's not even worth the 60 seconds it takes to make a ticket.

I have never seen this. You'd have to provide some screens and video footage for me to believe this. I haven't PvP'd as much as I have pre-2.0, but I know I've never seen this before.

The way they're moving around probably means they're very bad players, or working with some premade on the other team to get them more wins. Could be several factors, but I doubt it's bot credit farmers.

I can't really take you seriously here. :confused:

If you were really wanting to up your PVP game you would actually do at the very least a few OPS and flash points knowing you'd have an opportunity to pick up fast and strong rewards that will help you optimize your character and make you the credits needed for upgrades. Remember when One Eye is constantly fixed on the prize, there is only one eye left with which to to find the path. Also if you go through with at least one character to end of chapter 2 you get a boost that augments all your characters with that BUFF. This helps a lot if you die in PVP and no one is around to add those buffs back onto you. If you have team mates that tend to forget to rebuff upon death it helps to have all the buffs built into your character and buff yourself and others in one motion. Without all the buffs on it makes PVP a little harder if you go against a steroid induced team of Buffed players.

I personally took a small decrease in overall PVE gear to add in a few PVP mods to some of my gear and switch off gloves and lower robe when switching between the two environments. I don't often run into problems with NPC's as I do with PVP if I end up flagged for PVP so I like it a little more balanced for those surprise attacks while I'm trying to take on a boss as can happen on ILUM for instance after hitting the PVP area during a gree event etc. It's funny when they attack and you're like SURPRISE even at half health I still take you down and heal myself at the same time. I'm still waiting to get the ultimate gear and 30X Mods. I'm slowly getting there with the Ranked PVP comms.

I know PvE can give you some experience with PvP because of the synergy PvE can create, but lots of PvP'ers out there have tried PvE before, only to be turned off by it because it's static, uninteresting and not challenging. It's nothing but scripted fights and following certain mechanics to steamroll through it. I know some PvP'ers who were hardcore PvE'ers in the past, but stopped at some point because PvE started boring them. PvP gave them a ton more experience and more enjoyment in MMOs than PvE could ever give them.

As for these fast and strong rewards, we should be able to obtain them with no extreme difficulty in PvP. By obtaining these fast and strong rewards via PvE, this gear will end up being useless to use in battlegrounds and in the Open World. We'd rather have the gear that's focused on our style of play, and in addition, give us the advantage with that special stat in PvP.

By the way, I do have all four buffs. ;) I would have preferred to get them a lot easier by leveling via Warzones only, and then steamrolling through the class story missions .

PS: Totally understand why you like PVP more, it is less predictable and sometimes more challenging. PVP is much like what is said by Han Solo in Star Wars "Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living..."

It's one reason many of us PvP'ers try our best to associate ourselves with as little PvE as possible.

You will however get much better at PVP by also doing PVE and Vice versa those that only do one or the other will only stifle their skills and abilities. You also need this experience to at least find datacrons for your main character because at level 55 without anymore "Bolster" every little bit counts.

I started out with both PvE and PvP, but then found myself doing PvP and more and more. That's until I realized PvE wasn't my play style, and PvP was where it's at.

With PvE, I find it too easy to be good at. Just understand your role and the mechanics of the fights and you're pretty much GTG. When you're a Tank and the boss enrages, active those defensive CDs. Healers will focus on the main Tank, and switch to the other one when the main Tank's defensive CDs are down. DPS avoid any AoE and clear trash, etc.

I don't think you need any sort of experience in obtaining datacrons other than knowing how to time your jumps. :p Those extra stats will only increase our performance by a very slim amount, and the bolster at endgame won't be seeing any drastic changes (like removal or revision in endgame battlegrounds) for a long while.

...You may it sound very easy...

I have never seen this. You'd have to provide some screens and video footage for me to believe this. I haven't PvP'd as much as I have pre-2.0, but I know I've never seen this before.

The way they're moving around probably means they're very bad players, or working with some premade on the other team to get them more wins. Could be several factors, but I doubt it's bot credit farmers.

I can't really take you seriously here. :confused:

It's so easy I'm in shock after doing it for two weeks. I'm used to doing merchanting on hard mode and spending 2-3 hours a night fiddling around to make money that way, and in this game its a no brainer.

I'll fire up fraps and see if I catch any tonight. Fraps on my computer is like having a cold at work for some reason, I get goofy results in any game - either its fine, it slows things down, or for some reason it only records snippets.

When I say moving around, I mean they get to a spot, and its like moving an inch tops every so often to keep yourself from afk flagging.

I saw one last night in a huttball whom I passed 5 times out of the dumpster standing on top of the HP item spawn location. Saw the map, the guy never moved, and had 1 medal (And would have died had we not been annihilating the other team and winning in under 5 minutes).

It's not bads or premades. It's afking. Not bots, but lazy players. If BW increases credits too high, all you need is a program that keeps moving you forward out of the spawn point and you're gravy. Only novare and hypergate could be complicated, pretty sure you could place your mouse for a speeder click autoroutine in CW.

Zone in, guard something/heal something/do some damage and just set the autoroutine for that zone and move onto your next toon. Could prolly do this with a sorc and just consumption heal yourself to a medal.

Edit: Okay I just thought of something.

Add a quest for just money rewards, hell do more coms. Make it fully win based like the 55 weekly. Like 4 wins. And make it the third daily, hell give us 5 cascading dailies. I mean really, the two standard dailies are over in under an hour for me, and I can kill 3+ hours doing dailies in Makeb. I can't think of anyone who would reasonably bot for it, but it would increase the afkers if the money is better or nearly as good as most PvE dailies.

And to the guy who said PvPers vs Pv Something elsers, whatever happened to enjoying everything a game has to offer and sticking with it? Like for instance, PvP sucks on a Sorc cause they suck, but its fun as hell on my Jugg. So I PvP on the jugg and PvE on the Sorc, and craft/gather on both toons because its free money. Shouldn't we all just aim to play the breadth of the game?

Edited by Maelael

/signed

Make WZ rewards based on Valor, the higher valor the more credits you get. Its funny that people think PvPers dont need credits, when we buy mk-9 kits and augments also. As a matter of fact, I cant wait to see how much the market drops on the lvl 54 crafted impants and earpieces once the bolster bug is fixed. Who do you think are buying those? Ya you guessed it PvPers, and not even most of the PvPers can afford it and we still create huge demand.

I completely disagree with this thread..PvP should be done for fun and PvP only.You should do something else to level properly and fast.And you should do something else to earn money properly and fast.

At the most at 55 level,warzones can give 1000 or 1500 more credits.And/Or i want warzone rewards to scale a little more more with medals or valor.Everything else is fine.

As an almost full time PvPer ,i don't want to get everything essential i need in the game by doing PvP.I want to need to stop PvP -ing and do something else/different when i want something that is not PvP gear or PvP fun.

PS: it's silly that even in this game people are divided by pvpers and pv something elsers.

Edited by Kaedusz

Add Bonus Missions to the PvP Daily or Weekly!!!

Stage One:

25 Opponent Kills

Stage Two:

5 5k Heals or 5 5k shots

Stage Three:

10 MVP Votes

Stage 2 is impossible for some builds and people not correctly geared.

Stage 3 would just be abused.

Stage 1, possible. I think "Wins" is more plausible though.

Stage 2 is impossible for some builds and people not correctly geared.

Stage 3 would just be abused.

Stage 1, possible. I think "Wins" is more plausible though.

Ok, how about these?

Stage 1:

25 Kills

Stage 2:

10 Critical Heals or 10 Critical Hits

Stage3:

25000 Objective Points

Edited by ERockABC

Ok, how about these?

Stage 1:

25 Kills

Stage 2:

10 Critical Heals or 10 Critical Hits

Stage3:

25000 Objective Points

Objective points is a great idea, it may make people fight over who guards the node lol.

Crit heals or hits could work, especially since the smart people take zero crit. I think 10 would be like one warzone for nearly all classes though. I play a CC tank and I crit at least 10 times a warzone I'd bet. The only thing that would create an uneven advantage is autocrit from the Rage Tree.