Deceptive Patch Notes ||--> Read Bioware <--||

Seengularity

You changed a spec specific Marauder ability with 2.0.1 - Why change it in the first place? Why not put it in patch notes? why not fix the problems that tree has instead? To ninja nerf/buff specs and classes and not document it only shows the type of deceptive business that's being run here; and I'm fairly sure this has been done several times. Why not just come clean and say s***s outta control and you can't handle it? Ask for help?

After the changes you made in 2.0 (independent of how I feel about it), you made it very frustrating for anyone that plays non-stealth melee, period. Please put back what you changed, revisit balance of melee vs ranged classes and see if it needs adjusting.

PS:

I play marauder or I don't play at all; Your patch notes are worth NOTHING, and I'm on the verge of g-t-f-otta here.

-Seeng

Edited by Seengularity
mispell

You changed a spec specific Marauder ability with 2.0.1 - Why change it in the first place? Why not put it in patch notes? why not fix the problems that tree has instead? To ninja nerf/buff specs and classes and not document it only shows the type of deceptive business that's being run here; and I'm fairly sure this has been done several times. Why not just come clean and say s***s outta control and you can't handle it? Ask for help?

After the changes you made in 2.0 (independent of how I feel about it), you made it very frustrating for anyone that plays non-stealth melee, period. Please put back what you changed, revisit balance of melee vs ranged classes and see if it needs adjusting.

PS:

I play marauder or I don't play at all; Your patch notes are worth NOTHING, and I'm on the verge of g-t-f-otta here.

-Seeng

What ninja nerf are you talking about?

I dont know but have you guys noticed you cant force camo when you are under the effects of electronet?.... lame:mad:

or at least I think thats what it was.

Edited by Lafay

Not being able to camo when electro net is on you is intended. The tool tip specifies that it prevents the target from using escape abilities. No leap, no vanish for stealthties no roll for snipers etc.

My message is to Bioware, and they know what they changed. I also want the community to know that things are being changed and are NOT being detailed in patch notes; and restate that I'm 100% sure about this. I'm surprised no other marauder noticed this tbh, but I believe more that they just remain silent, because after all, no Bio-rep is gonna come out and admit to any of it here (this thread might even be closed).

I may come back here later and post what changed.

Edited by Seengularity

I dont know but have you guys noticed you cant force camo when you are under the effects of electronet?.... lame:mad:

or at least I think thats what it was.

I always save my net for whiny little smashtards, the tears are nectar to me <3

well? i unfortunatly am at work so i cant test this ninja-nerf, please explain.

Also, if i get electronet, i will make sure that merc dies first the rest of the match to make up for it, that usually teaches them to leave me alone :D

Also, if i get electronet, i will make sure that merc dies first the rest of the match to make up for it, that usually teaches them to leave me alone :D

I have a merc and a mara and I can assure that E N is certain death in most cases. And Assins <3

Edited by Aetideus

Not being able to camo when electro net is on you is intended. The tool tip specifies that it prevents the target from using escape abilities. No leap, no vanish for stealthties no roll for snipers etc.

My message is to Bioware, and they know what they changed. I also want the community to know that things are being changed and are NOT being detailed in patch notes; and restate that I'm 100% sure about this. I'm surprised no other marauder noticed this tbh, but I believe more that they just remain silent, because after all, no Bio-rep is gonna come out and admit to any of it here (this thread might even be closed).

I may come back here later and post what changed.

If it's so terrible and your post is only directed to Bioware, why do you post it on here? Because you want attention?

If you want to contact BW directly, the forums are not the way to go about it.

:rolleyes:

I also want the community to know that things are being changed and are NOT being detailed in patch notes

Then tell us what you think changed in this case. Anyone who reads the patch notes regularly should be aware that they aren't entirely comprehensive - though specific class mechanics are not the typical type of omission.

and restate that I'm 100% sure about this.

I hope your 100% certainty accompanies 100% accuracy, but that remains to be seen.

(on a comedic note, tabloid talk show guests consistently know that they are 110% not that baby's daddy - tragically, not all of them are right)

I'm surprised no other marauder noticed this tbh, but I believe more that they just remain silent, because after all, no Bio-rep is gonna come out and admit to any of it here (this thread might even be closed).

Again, if we didn't have to play 20 questions to determine if we've noticed the same thing, perhaps you'd have vocal support.

edt: in regard to this thread being directed at Bioware, it may be worth noting that responses in the forums are typically from community managers, not developers. Chances are they don't know what you're on about.

Edited by Sine_Nomen

Also, if i get electronet, i will make sure that merc dies first the rest of the match to make up for it, that usually teaches them to leave me alone

I do kinda the same. At least I'll focus him twice then back to obj play, and yeah usually works.

I have a merc and a mara and I can assure that E N is certain death in most cases. And Assins <3

Solo Q probably hehehe! If you have a decent team, you won't die from electro net, or the focus fire that'll come after; just stay put + call it in voice comm (it is a sick ability though).

Might you be talking about not being able to carry your deadly saber bleeds anymore? I never really tried to keep the stack active by screams and smashes but i hear some did. no more.

Nope. But this is interesting. And it's funny you say this; I was thinking last night: These guys (bw) don't even know which change I'm talking about - They're probably asking themselves: "Which one of the (many) undocumented changes is this guy talking about?"....

If it's so terrible and your post is only directed to Bioware, why do you post it on here? Because you want attention?

If you want to contact BW directly, the forums are not the way to go about it

I Ctrl + F'd this thread and it turns out you're the first one to say "Terrible" in here; as if someone (me) had used that word to describe anything. Yes my post is directed at BW, but I also said I wanted the community to know about this. Attention? from BW yes, from you ? no. If I have your attention, I appreciate it (after all, what I'm bringing up here is legit), but it's not required.

Then tell us what you think changed in this case. Anyone who reads the patch notes regularly should be aware that they aren't entirely comprehensive - though specific class mechanics are not the typical type of omission.

NO. I don't 'think' something changed, I'm certain something changed. And yes, not entirely comprehensive I'm ok with - Changing the way an ability works and not stating it in patch notes is defly NOT the typical type of omission that should be made.

Again, if we didn't have to play 20 questions to determine if we've noticed the same thing, perhaps you'd have vocal support.

edt: in regard to this thread being directed at Bioware, it may be worth noting that responses in the forums are typically from community managers, not developers. Chances are they don't know what you're on about.

I'm starting to think I'm the only marauder that noticed this change? I've been quiet about this in hopes they might silently roll back what they changed, in the same way they removed it.

I'd say it might be worth noting (for you), that a community manager would have access to the internal patch notes (the real ones, where all these behind the scene changes are detailed), chances are they DO know what I'm on about.

-Seeng

Edited by Seengularity

I read somewhere in these forums that that was how EN was intended to work. It prevents you from using any escape abilities for the duration, no matter what class or spec you are. I'd argue it wasn't a stealth ninja nerf to your class but simply just how their new ability works. Sins can't vanish off it (i tried), and Snipers can't roll out of it (i tried as well). It wouldn't be fair if Marauders were the only class that can get out of EN? >__<; From what i understand EN takes precedence over ANYTHING, as an intended buff to Mercs, no matter what the tooltip on your escape ability says.

It surely is "instant death", as someone above said. If the team wants to target switch, FF, and then kill you, that Merc puts an EN on the poor guy, then having somebody apply the healing debuff = GG :rak_04:

Edited by paowee

I read somewhere in these forums that that was how EN was intended to work. It prevents you from using any escape abilities for the duration, no matter what class or spec you are. I'd argue it wasn't a stealth ninja nerf to your class but simply just how their new ability works. Sins can't vanish off it (i tried), and Snipers can't roll out of it (i tried as well). It wouldn't be fair if Marauders were the only class that can get out of EN? >__<; From what i understand EN takes precedence over ANYTHING, as an intended buff to Mercs, no matter what the tooltip on your escape ability says.

It surely is "instant death", as someone above said. If the team wants to target switch, FF, and then kill you, that Merc puts an EN on the poor guy, then having somebody apply the healing debuff = GG :rak_04:

The guy that made the E N comment is clearly a new(er) mara, he just thought that E N wasn't working as intended imo.

Edited by Seengularity

I'm bored of this thread.

If OP knew for a fact that something changed, he'd come out and say what it was.

Instead he wants to be the one that can say "FIRST!", "I noticed it first!"

They don't give out trophies for you noticing a change ya know.

:rolleyes:

That's funny, trophies? -=yawn=- gimme CCs. If I indeed was the 1st to notice, or the only one (I doubt this), what good is it to "come out and say what it is"? How can I prove I'm right? I didn't video it. Only BW knows for sure. Your reply is clearly an attempt to goad me into "coming out and say what it was" ; I will, don't worry. Just not yet.

Can you focus on the fact that stuffs being changed and we're not told about it?

Anyway - The way "Brooding" works was changed with update 2.0.1, and this was NOT noted in patch notes. A change like this should have been listed in there.

The error was in your tool tip - the ability was working fine in 2.0

It's wrong & needs put back.

What say you Bioware?

Seriously? Brooding? Who uses that?

You talked all this trash about how you didn't believe you were the only one to notice. Guess what? Assuming there is anything wrong with Brooding, you were probably the only one to notice. I have NEVER put points into that. EVER.

Roar is all but pointless in a group setting, and I could care less how much fury I have when I'm out of combat. If Brooding is broken, sorry to hear it. Doesn't affect me.

Seriously? Brooding? Who uses that?

You talked all this trash about how you didn't believe you were the only one to notice. Guess what? Assuming there is anything wrong with Brooding, you were probably the only one to notice. I have NEVER put points into that. EVER.

Roar is all but pointless in a group setting, and I could care less how much fury I have when I'm out of combat. If Brooding is broken, sorry to hear it. Doesn't affect me.

Wow, all i see here from you is: wrong - wrong - outrageous - LMAO - wrong - wrong....

Let me guess, f2p? just picked up the game? could it be a long-time gimp mara/sent?

Speak for yourself (and you did)

Edit: Also, if you could care less about fury when out of combat, by all means you should. Personally, I could not care less about your reply.

-Seeng

Edited by Seengularity

Wow, all i see here from you is: wrong - wrong - outrageous - LMAO - wrong - wrong....

Let me guess, f2p? just picked up the game? could it be a long-time gimp mara/sent?

Speak for yourself (and you did)

Edit: Also, if you could care less about fury when out of combat, by all means you should. Personally, I could not care less about your reply.

-Seeng

Nope. Not F2P. Full subscription, founder title, the works.

I also play an Annihilation marauder, so as I said, doesn't affect me, and I could care less.

You can't assume carnage is the be-all and end-all of the marauder, and then assume that all of us should notice when a skill that we never use has changed. You want to be taken seriously? Less 20 questions and innuendo, and more being up-front, forthright, and conversational in forums that are designed for sharing info...not "Guess what I found? No, really, guess."

Nope. Not F2P. Full subscription, founder title, the works.

I also play an Annihilation marauder, so as I said, doesn't affect me, and I could care less.

You can't assume carnage is the be-all and end-all of the marauder, and then assume that all of us should notice when a skill that we never use has changed. You want to be taken seriously? Less 20 questions and innuendo, and more being up-front, forthright, and conversational in forums that are designed for sharing info...not "Guess what I found? No, really, guess."

You're funny-ish. I don't think any of my posts implied that I assumed "carnage is the be-all and end-all of the marauder", so you assumed that I assumed. Why do you assume?

The guess work was taken out when I posted what I KNOW changed, days ago; are you still caught up in that? That's not what the thread is about, that's ad hominem and you should have PM'd me if you were so sour about it.

Taken seriously? you said roar is useless(amongst other silly things), when in fact it's pretty decent. Yeah, it could be better/different, and it may seem like a 'meh' ability to the shallow minded, but it's not (and it's all we have for real cc); I embrace it.

You came at me with the wrong perspective, and didn't speak about the topic at hand. All I keep seeing from you is wrong-wrong-wrong-me-me-selfish me-don't affect me-wrong-wrong.

Poor RancidJester.

-Seengularity @TheBastion

Edited by Seengularity