Hey Bioware

DarthYun

How about you make a game where the auction house or the legacy cargo doesn't make the game freeze for 10 seconds? It is rediculous and makes you look like a startup indi game developer, oh wait you have one of the biggest game companies backing you do something about it.

How about you make a game where the auction house or the legacy cargo doesn't make the game freeze for 10 seconds? It is rediculous and makes you look like a startup indi game developer, oh wait you have one of the biggest game companies backing you do something about it.

Not that they have other problems, I have never really ran into having to wait 10 seconds for Legacy hold, or GTN. Now they do have an issue with the GTN not properly organizing by price, name etc. But no real wait time more then maybe 2-3 seconds.

I really have never had that sort of time lag or other issues with either my self. There might be some other issues for you to look at. (not intended to be grumpy at ya ! ... just suggesting to look at other stuff as well)

OH !! You might ought to do a spell check on that last line in your signature !

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

I mean sure it's not really 10 seconds and I have bigger issues I'd rather they focus on, but the legacy hold does seem rather slow.

I agree that there is a slight delay (3 - 5 seconds ... maybe ?)

... but nothing on the scale that has been reported.

Like me, you need an SSD. While children are starving in 3rd world countries, and people are cutting grass to boil for food in North Korea, you and me will someday have an SSD. (the me rhyme).

I kill threads....

Edited by Zerileth

I really have never had that sort of time lag or other issues with either my self. There might be some other issues for you to look at. (not intended to be grumpy at ya ! ... just suggesting to look at other stuff as well)

;)

You're correct. Colicoid is not spelled with "ll"

;)

I will not!!!11!!!1!!1 Also Duksun and big Kzerker bosses coming soon.

Like me, you need an SSD. While children are starving in 3rd world countries, and people are cutting grass to boil for food in North Korea, you and me will someday have an SSD. (the me rhyme).

I kill threads....

I have one, a very fast one. This has nothing to do with my PC one it's all server sided big mongo bongo spaghetti netcode one. And tea made from lemon grass is good and better for the world cuz no poor north korea best korea tea picker gets exploited for big tea money hell I even made spaghetti with chives yesterday, who says grass can't be tasty? Check matt m8

Edited by DarthYun

How about you make a game where the auction house or the legacy cargo doesn't make the game freeze for 10 seconds?.

My system doesn't even take that long to summon a field Legacy Hold. There must be something wrong on your end or maybe having SWTOR on an SSD would make a difference.

(3-4 seconds after I click the Field Legacy Storage icon on the skillbar for the "droid" to appear, and then another 2 seconds after I click on the Droid for the Legacy Storage to open.)

Edited by JediQuaker

My system doesn't even take that long to summon a field Legacy Hold. There must be something wrong on your end or maybe having SWTOR on an SSD would make a difference.

I just recently made the change over to a SSD.. It does make some difference.. but not to the degree that has been discussed here so far. I'm NOT trying to be argumentative... just saying that is what happened for me !

Edited by OlBuzzard

I just recently made the change over to a SSD.. It does make some difference.. but not to the degree that has been discussed here so far. I'm trying to be argumentative... just saying that is what happened for me !

I had a similar experience recently, but in the other direction. I had TOR on my SSD, but didn't want to put another 40 gigs on it to install the PTS, so I moved TOR over to my HDD and have been playing it on there. So far I haven't noticed much difference between running on the SSD vs the HDD. I haven't timed my load screens so maybe there's a negligible difference in load times, but not so much that I'm noticing it. For me, whether on my SSD or HDD, the legacy storage load time is only a couple seconds, and I have a fully unlocked and almost full legacy storage.

I had a similar experience recently, but in the other direction. I had TOR on my SSD, but didn't want to put another 40 gigs on it to install the PTS, so I moved TOR over to my HDD and have been playing it on there. So far I haven't noticed much difference between running on the SSD vs the HDD. I haven't timed my load screens so maybe there's a negligible difference in load times, but not so much that I'm noticing it. For me, whether on my SSD or HDD, the legacy storage load time is only a couple seconds, and I have a fully unlocked and almost full legacy storage.

Oh yeah... the size and amount of stuff in there ! Mine is pretty full as well. Only a few open slots on each page. Sooo pretty much maxed out since I started collecting stuff for crafting !

Since 5.0 my legacy cargo took about 7 seconds to open. During this time, the game froze. My stronghold routine has always been the same for my chars: log in to a char, gather a color crystal (which are positioned around the cargo hold) and then open the legacy cargo. The gathering timer would freeze and when the legacy cargo opened, it would jump forward some 7 seconds.

Since one of the last patches, this has become much better though. Opening time is now only around 3 seconds. I don't know what they did, but it was a positive surprise.

Never experienced any delay with the GTN.

(My game runs on a SSD, too.)

First of all, It doesn't take me 10 seconds to load legacy hold or to search items on the GTN, ever.

There is literally no delay on the GTN lol. Over exaggerate much?

Second, that is a petty thing to complain about - get over yourself, and enjoy the game. :rolleyes:

Edited by Drendal

I'm trying to be argumentative...

You're either not trying hard enough, or you meant to say you're NOT trying. :D

I haven't timed my load screens so maybe there's a negligible difference in load times, but not so much that I'm noticing it.

Having SWTOR on an SSD mostly just cuts level load times (and other load times) in about half. It's not as fast as the relative speeds of an SSD to an HDD would suggest because there's network back and forth to consider as well.

Edited by JediQuaker