So what's the longest you've spent looking for an HK-51 component?

I remember the longest for me was Hoth. And while i was searching around when it came out, it was in the middle of the night/early morning, so no one was looking but me and the person i was grouping with [and a knight from the other side] I know it took over 3 hours. Eventually i got silly because i was high on caffeine, and i looked over to a group of mobs, who were using pick axes to dig in the snow and ice. So i thought "hey, maybe they're looking for the hk part! :D" defeated the mobs quickly, scanned. What do you know, "within 5 meters" i honestly couldn't stop laughing while trying to find exactly where it was. The knight was the one who got the final location though :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember how long each individual part took to find... Hoth took me a short while, maybe half hour, but DK was a nightmare... If HK was not so awesome I would have ditched the quest for sure... Maybe the most insanely boring quest I have ever played in an MMO... Awful design

on hoth, a friend and I: after one hour and half,also switching instance, we started queuing so we made a couple of FP and a lot of WZ, then we gave up. the day after, 3rd scan: 10m.

then moreless half an hour on every planet..

• 7 months later...

I scanned somewhat more than an hour on Tatooine untill an second player showed up.

Forming a group we had the part in another 4 minutes or something like that.

The next parts went really fast, nothing more than 10 mins each scanning with 2-3 Players.

I spent an hour on Dromund Kaas. That's that. Like 15 mins on Hoth, 10 mins on Coruscant, 5 mins on Taris (if it even was that much, I think getting there took longer) and I don't remember the last one. I think running the 2 required FPs took more time than getting all the other parts took combined.

A friend of mine just got the finding quest - and she isn't even able to buy parts. She just doesn't have the money yet. It will be a hard time for her, but I told her that I could help her. Plus, she's still level 52 ... But we both agreed that it is a fine thing to have quests without combat at all ... Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Taris took me awhile maybe 45/55 mins to do as I was the only one in the area looking around.

DH not so long as I had to Lv a Imperial alt to get it and as soon as I was in the area a whole bunch of people uncovered it so I came along and took it for myself... sneaky sneaky/ :rak_04:

Drommund Kaas took me ages. probably ~45 mins.

Hoth took around 15 and i recall Taris took me a while.

Coruscant popped the first time I dropped the scanner and the mad rush to the yellow beam of people I didn't realise were on the quest was hilarious to watch.

one of the longest waits was in the Groupfinder queue for the False Emperor FP.

all in all, it was a fun little side quest with a seriously cool payoff. having HK-51 along for the ride seriously speeds up Section-X etc dailies. that Assassinate skill is nice way to start a combat: silver dude, die.

now if BioWare would just make us a HK-47 skin that uses some of 47's mannerisms, that would be awesome (Prejudice set to maximum!)

Edited by dancezwithnubz