Warzone Date Change and 5.6 Details

EricMusco

Except that it isn't really our choice. In order to spend them, you have to have the gear tokens to upgrade. If I'm grinding UCs on various characters and stacking them with the knowledge that they become legacy wide and able to be spent by the characters that have the gear tokens to exchange with them, I'm now out of luck (or well, out of half of my "luck").

Suddenly all of that time and effort is going to be cut in half because they can't add in a perk without making it cost something to the people who have stuck by this game and continue to play it. While it's a small favor to at least know this a little bit ahead of time, it's still something they could solve for those who have been playing the game the way they want us to (and putting up with the utterly dreadful state of PvP), and will suffer a 50% decrease in the value of that effort unless the circumstances are just right.

That just seems needlessly unfortunate, and reduces the overall benefit of something that could have been a nice QoL update, but now will be shadowed by this side effect of having to "make room" for disintegration values at the cost of devaluing a player's previous effort. It's lazy.

If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, so many people worried about their UCs being halved in value. Guys, read comment #23, they are going to double the components earned until 5.6. Don't be write only.

Also, Eric it might be a good idea to edit the OP and include the comment regarding doubling the UCs, seeing how many people read only that and start commenting about something that's not even an issue.

Edited by FlyXan

If you don't have any gear to upgrade, then that's your mistake. I don't know actually how you can have no gear to upgrade. I have lots of shells that I saved just so I can upgrade them and I mean lots.

How can you play this game and apparently have a lot of UCs now and not be able to spend them? Sorry but I find your premise that you have no gear to upgrade rather unbelievable. Either you have all your characters on 248 gear (and then it no longer matters cause then all your UCs are pointless) or you do have characters that still need gear upgrades. So either way your argument does not hold as far as I'm concerned.

If you've been saving crates in preparation for 5.6, you should have also been saving UC's because you don't yet know which items you're missing from crates (seeing as they haven't been opened yet). There's also the scenario of fully 248 mains saving up UC's to use on their alts.

Yes there are ways to mitigate the damage, but that's ONLY for people who pay close attention to dev posts. What about everyone else who saved up in preparation for 5.6 (or any other reason) and didn't read the post? Do you think "their mistake" of not reading posts justifies halving the rewards they've gathered these past few months? How do you think they'd react when they realize the hours upon hours they spent just got devalued massively?

Edited by Eli_Porter

They quite likely also added in a disintegration value for 248 in line with the above, even though people likely won't disintegrate 248s apart from accidently.

On my main, I disintegrate 248-rated relics/implants/ears 100% of the time that I get them because I already have 248s of all of these and they are BoP. I generally can't be bothered faffing with legacy gear to move 248 modded pieces to another Commando/Merc(1), so I disintegrate them, too, unless they fill in one of the remaining gaps on that character. (She's on 9 248 plus 5 246. I get snark from the tanks in my guild about the amount of threat this character generates.)

(1) As I understand it, the set bonus is different for each class/role pair. DPS Commando set bonus works on DPS Commando and DPS Merc, but not on, say, Guardian or Shadow. Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot about that.

Lol, so many people worried about their UCs being halved in value. Guys, read comment #23, they are going to double the components earned until 5.6. Don't be write only.

Also, Eric it might be a good idea to edit the OP and include the comment regarding doubling the UCs, seeing how many people read only that and start commenting about something that's not even an issue.

That comment reads as all sources of NEW UC doubles — weekly/daily PVP missions, Ops, and others. So the weekly quest giving 54 will now be 108. BUT that does not clearly state that existing stockpiles will also double.

To the first part of your question, it is giving you UC instead of CXP, not Command Tokens, so that is not impacted. I do not believe there is a choice on what items break down into but a general rule is stuff with stats breaks down to UC, everything else is CXP. There may be exceptions but I believe that was the guiding principle.

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

Also related to that is UC costs and accrual. Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6, BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double. This totally breaks even, there is no change to current rates for gaining and spending UC. The team set those numbers higher to be able to get the values for breaking down items from Galactic Command in place.

-eric

Hi Eric. If the costs of all items via UC doubles in 5.6, would the amount of UCs I currently hold double as well when 5.6 lands so that their value isn't eroded?

Thanks in advance

That comment reads as all sources of NEW UC doubles — weekly/daily PVP missions, Ops, and others. So the weekly quest giving 54 will now be 108. BUT that does not clearly state that existing stockpiles will also double.

Really?

"BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double."

Really?

"BUT, everywhere you previously gained UC (Warzones, Missions, Ops) will also double."

He said "existing stockpiles" Like i have now 1000 UCs on 4 toons so at launch of 5.6 i will have 4000 that i can use legacy wide, but now i can buy A LOT of gear for it, but in 5.6 the costs will be double so I can buy 1/2 less of what I can buy now.

If they are increasing costs and also gains that clearly means they wanna battle the thing that people are not stockpiling Crates to open them in 5.6 and get a lot of UCs. That is probably the main reason for the increase, to mitigate the initial gear purchase.

Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

Apology accepted, but you have to be consequent and increase the subscription period by a fortnight as well.

Edited by varietasplus

If you've been saving crates in preparation for 5.6, you should have also been saving UC's because you don't yet know which items you're missing from crates (seeing as they haven't been opened yet). There's also the scenario of fully 248 mains saving up UC's to use on their alts.

To save UCs I need to earn them first. I don't PvP anymore because I think it sucks in this game.

Yes there are ways to mitigate the damage, but that's ONLY for people who pay close attention to dev posts. What about everyone else who saved up in preparation for 5.6 (or any other reason) and didn't read the post? Do you think "their mistake" of not reading posts justifies halving the rewards they've gathered these past few months? How do you think they'd react when they realize the hours upon hours they spent just got devalued massively?
We'll find out. I think that people who don't keep up with the news articles and dev posts are their own worst enemies in an MMO since they change constantly and if you don't keep up-to-date at least every few weeks, you can expect that you will miss out on things. Also most of these people do not come raging about it here either.

Considering that only a handful of people ever post here and a lot of people seem to be casual, my expectation is that there won't be a masssive outcry but at worst 10-20 people crying on a variety of place like the forums, reddit and twitter.

Besides, devaluation of currency happens regularly in MMOs. We used to have this with the crystals or commendations in the past as well. Every time some people get upset and then we collectively get over it.

I'm sure there are some people who in their individual situation have stacked up on UCs but really what is this effort they put into it? UCs are gained for showing up in warzones. I do not believe in this effort. You can gain some extra from being a good player but most UCs come from daily/weekly rewards and simply showing up. I am not impressed by that "effort" at all.

If they are increasing costs and also gains that clearly means they wanna battle the thing that people are not stockpiling Crates to open them in 5.6 and get a lot of UCs. That is probably the main reason for the increase, to mitigate the initial gear purchase.

That's a crappy way of doing it. You only punish the people who got UC's the way intended (not through hoarding crates) and those who didn't read a dev post in time to use their UC's.

The reason for doubling rates is likely because they're gonna set the minimum UC obtainable per crate to 1, and they view it as too much when compared to the amount of UC's you get for PvP/GSF/Operations. They can't give you 0.5 UC's for a green T1 item, so they doubled the rates instead.

Edited by Eli_Porter

Your approach to the matter is short sighted. Since gear drop is RNG, you can not tell which piece you will be missing from a tier, therefore you have to wait and see if you want to make the most out of your UC ammount. Now you are forced to predict the future and you may waste your UC on an item you later get as a drop. Also, since UC are currently not transferable, you can not spend all UC since higher tier pieces cost 200-300 UC, there will be residuals on every toon you have, and the more you have, the more UC value you are going to lose.

Edited by varietasplus

There is no longer a cap on UC because it isn't actually tracked via the currency tab any longer. It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

From legacy wide currency to legacy bound items? That's a really really weird change.

Costs for all items via UC will be doubled in 5.6

I'm speechless... :confused:

Edited by Glower

That's a crappy way of doing it. You only punish the people who got UC's the way intended (not through hoarding crates) and those who didn't read a dev post in time to use their UC's.

The reason for doubling rates is likely because they're gonna set the minimum UC obtainable per crate to 1, and they view it as too much when compared to the amount of UC's you get for PvP/GSF/Operations. They can't give you 0.5 UC's for a green T1 item, so they doubled the rates instead.

Well as for me I see nothing wrong in keeping everything as it is. I mean you would just get A LOT of bonus UCs at the start of 5.6 and then earn the rest the normal way. However, having already all my toons with full 248 (as there was enough time and ways to do it) the UCs will only be used for left side things.

This would appear to be a genius move. Anyone returning or new coming to the game will be able to pay 20 bucks (or whatever it costs) and have their level 1 bumped to level 70 and given a full set of 220 gear or whatever. They then get to play the original story, the best part of the game while every so often increasing their CXP rating. So much so that by the time they have finished enjoying the story and get to the constant betrayal story line of 5.0 onward they will likely already be command rank 200 and plenty of unassembled tokens. No doubt confused by all the whiners on the forums saying CXP grind is too hard.

You're grossly overestimating the amount of cxp that can be gained by doing the original class story. You gain 70-80 cxp per mission. I don't know how many missions there are exactly, lets assume it's 100. That would mean 7-8k cxp plus the cxp you gain for bonusmissions and killing stuff, so maybe 15k? 15k cxp would be like commandlevel 15 or so....

If what you want to do is story, getting to lvl 70 as soon as possible is pointless. The only reason I can think of to use such a token is, if you really want a new or existing (but low lvl) character for endgame but don't want to level it and don't want to be locked out of pre-kotfe stuff in case you want to do the story later.

HI Eric,

am I reading wrong that it will make leveling command ranks way slower as disintegrating items won't give anymore CXP?

Look like the system looks better once we are at lvl 300 but getting there will take way more time.

What amount of cxp do you get for disintegrating stuff? 100-200? So lets assume it's an average of 150 per piece. If you disintegrate every single one of your 300 gear pieces from 1-300 you'll gain 45k cxp. You can gain the same amount (or probably more) by running the cz-198 and ziost weeklies which take less than 30min combined. So, no, I don't think the grind to 300 is going to take considerably longer...

Edited by mrwayn

• Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).

Does this mean that Story/solo-mode FPs and Planetary missions are being removed from the Galactic Command interface? If this allows for selecting a specific solo-mode FP, or a planet's Heroics, kudos. As long as the CXP bonus is still applied even though the content is accessed outside of the Galactic Command interface. Planetary missions (Heroics) specifically since doing those outside of the Galactic Command interface does not grant the CXP bonus.

Regarding Legacy-wide Credits, will they be done the same way as UCs? Since Legacy UCs will be:

It is now a stackable bind on legacy token in your inventory (allowing you to move it across characters).

SNIP.... So that kind of gives you an idea of the value they are putting on these in terms of PvP effort. Disintegrating is much less effort, so I'd expect the value you get back for it to be much, much lower. Again, speculation... but based on their current set-up.

...SNIP

I think your post is spot on except for this part and I know it's speculation but...

What effort in PVP? I put in more effort doing heroics than what I do in every PVP match I have ever went into and walk away with more UC than we will ever get disintegration crates.

I walk away with UC from PVP win or lose with pretty much on effort on my part. At least with getting crates to disintegrate, I actually have to put in real effort to succeed.

Biwoare is once again showing their stupidity in game design and keeping gamers content to play and thats before I get into how screwed up it is to double the purchase value of gear making all the UCs gamers have worth half as much.

Edited by Quraswren

Well, speaking for myself: you need a minimum number of components. I play on many toons, so I have a couple with like 150 UC. I can‘t really use them until I can afford tier 4 stuff, which is 210 min iirc.

Regarding Eric‘s initial statement: I find it hard to understand that even BW considers RNG a risk that needs mitigating, yet doesn‘t come to the most obvious and effective solution: kill RNG completely.

From the doubling of cost you can easily come to the conclusion that UC gain will be quite low, most likely small single digit per crate.

I don't like the change to the amount of CXP received from disintegrating items, if I'm understanding correctly. The GC system is horrible enough as is, and the only thing to do is get to your next crate as quickly as possible. The increased amount of UC and all that should be in addition to the CXP gained.

Well, speaking for myself: you need a minimum number of components. I play on many toons, so I have a couple with like 150 UC. I can‘t really use them until I can afford tier 4 stuff, which is 210 min iirc.

This is the biggest problem people will have. Again, they are punishing those people who play alts. Someone, somewhere has decided that GC is needed to keep the game alive, so they are all in on it and any change has to have something to it to force you back to more GC. Some idiot decision maker is going to ride that horse right into oblivion.

Regarding Eric‘s initial statement: I find it hard to understand that even BW considers RNG a risk that needs mitigating, yet doesn‘t come to the most obvious and effective solution: kill RNG completely.

From the doubling of cost you can easily come to the conclusion that UC gain will be quite low, most likely small single digit per crate.

My thoughts, too. Which will make it mostly useless and since you won't get CXP, make that grind even longer, rather than improve it.

Here's my thoughts on the doubling of the costs...

It sucks for those of us who currently have them built up because our stacks will be cut in half...but...it won't have any long term impact on us because ours come from WZ's, which are doubling as well, so the crates will simply supplement our PvPing acquisition.

That being said...the real issue in all of this is that the costs are STILL too high...they've ALWAYS been too high...maybe now we can get some PvEers to understand just how stupidly expensive the system is.

Hey folks,

Quick update on Game Update 5.6. As we are getting closer to the launch of Update, we feel we need just a little bit more time to really bring the new Yavin Warzone up to quality. We are going to pull it out of Game Update 5.6 (launching 11/28), instead it will now launch as a part of 5.6.1 only two weeks later on 12/12. We apologize for the delay in the Warzone, we know that there is a lot of excitement for it and we are eager to get it to you as quick as we can.

This date change does not impact any other elements of the Game Update. As a reminder, here are some of the bigger things coming in two weeks with 5.6 (this is not a comprehensive list):

• New Flashpoint on Copero, a planet in the Chiss Ascendency (Solo Story, Group Story, Veteran, and Master Modes) and the continuation of the Alliance traitor storyline.
  • The return of Raina Temple.
  • Nahut, the third boss in the Gods From the Machine Operation (Story and Veteran modes).
  • New GSF Deathmatch map set in the orbit over Iokath.
  • Significant changes to Group Finder (new UI, all queuing in one place, upgraded rewards, solo activities added).
  • Legacy-wide Credits and Unassembled Components.
  • Changes to Galactic Command disintegration (gear now disintegrates directly into Unassembled Components to help mitigate RNG).
  • New item, the Master’s Datacron. This allows you to take any existing character and boost them to level 70; this boost does not progress story.
  • And more!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Pulling the WZ because it’s not quiet ready is a step in the right direction. This should always be the policy if something isn’t 100%. I think a lot of us understand that beta testing new things doesn’t always go to schedule and bugs pop up that are unavoidable. I for one applaud your decision to wait this time 👏👏👏

Honesty is always appreciated more than lies or being kept in the dark

What effort in PVP? I put in more effort doing heroics than what I do in every PVP match I have ever went into and walk away with more UC than we will ever get disintegration crates.

I walk away with UC from PVP win or lose with pretty much on effort on my part. At least with getting crates to disintegrate, I actually have to put in real effort to succeed.

That is why PVPers hate PVE players joining warzones and wish rather for longer waiting queues than insta-pops. When we had thought Republic PVPer base on Red Eclipse could not get worse, along came server merger.