Which non TCW-Original character did TCW do the best/worst job on?

Slowpokeking

I think the best

1.Ventress: We got her background, and walk between light and darkness to the bounty hunter we see now.

2.Maul: The most terrifying and well portrayed villain of TCW.

3.Anakin: TCW showed us the knighted, more mature Anakin before he encountered the storm in EP III.

Worst

1. GG: The terrifying monster, Jedi Killer, general of CIS became a weak clown in TCW, even Gungans could kick his ***.

2. Palpatine: Why do they always have to let him give some sinister smiles as Palpatine? He should hide his true intention very well.

3. Barriss: What the heck is wrong with her?

Dooku's portrayal also isn't good enough, Plo Koon was portrayed nicely.

Not sure I see anything wrong with Grevious, infact he was killing the Gungans up until Tarpals impaled him with spear and then was pelted with Boomas which is pretty much an EMP grenade which is effective against someone like Grevious.

Tbh I can't really think of any that they did the worst on. I guess my only gripe however, is that they did somewhat weaken Obi-Wan in a few instances.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not sure I see anything wrong with Grevious, infact he was killing the Gungans up until Tarpals impaled him with spear and then was pelted with Boomas which is pretty much an EMP grenade which is effective against someone like Grevious.

Tbh I can't really think of any that they did the worst on. I guess my only gripe however, is that they did somewhat weaken Obi-Wan in a few instances.

He was able to kill Palpatine's clone guards and I remember 4 Jedi guards easily, even able to dodge Jedi Masters' Force Push.

He was able to kill Palpatine's clone guards and I remember 4 Jedi guards easily, even able to dodge Jedi Masters' Force Push.

Palpatine's guards never really shown anything impressive tbh, and 4 Jedi...talking from the micro series right? While right, you gotta take into account a few things that happened.

1. Grevious was more then likely not even taking the fighting seriously, I mean he did say "Hahaha, you can't be serious!"

2. He lost one of his sabers, and was only using 1 plus a spear.

3. He was impaled with Tarpals spear after stabbing him, and thus opening himself up to getting hit with Boomas.

Infact, Grevious showed complete stupidity by underestimating his opponent. Just because you can fight Jedi, doesn't mean you should underestimate anything lesser especially when those beings have essentially EMP weapons and your pretty much a droid.

Underestimation of your opponent= Your more then likely going to lose, cause you won't take the fight seriously.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Palpatine's guards never really shown anything impressive tbh, and 4 Jedi...talking from the micro series right? While right, you gotta take into account a few things that happened.

1. Grevious was more then likely not even taking the fighting seriously, I mean he did say "Hahaha, you can't be serious!"

2. He lost one of his sabers, and was only using 1 plus a spear.

3. He was impaled with Tarpals spear after stabbing him, and thus opening himself up to getting hit with Boomas.

Infact, Grevious showed complete stupidity by underestimating his opponent. Just because you can fight Jedi, doesn't mean you should underestimate anything lesser especially when those beings have essentially EMP weapons and your pretty much a droid.

Underestimation of your opponent= Your more then likely going to lose, cause you won't take the fight seriously.

They are quite elite, in LoE he killed 4 Jedi like it was nothing, in CW he killed 2 masters and captured Shaak Tii easily. In the fight against 7 Jedi, he didn't even use his other 2 arms.

Why would he not be able to dodge the EMP and the spear? Since his computer chip on his mind could help him anticipate Jedi Master's Force Push, why would he get hit by it?

1) Darth Maul- gave him good story and personality

worst:

1) General Grievous- What the F. They nerfed him in Episode 3, they ubernerfd him with TCW

2) Ventress and the Nightsisters- I group them together because they eviscerated Nightsister canon

3) mandalorians- there are none besides the death watch, destroyed Mandalore, lawl

4) Anakin- not dark enough

They are quite elite, in LoE he killed 4 Jedi like it was nothing, in CW he killed 2 masters and captured Shaak Tii easily. In the fight against 7 Jedi, he didn't even use his other 2 arms.

Why would he not be able to dodge the EMP and the spear? Since his computer chip on his mind could help him anticipate Jedi Master's Force Push, why would he get hit by it?

Because instead of focusing, he was being a moron and pretty much laughed and held Tarpals in place after stabbing him and gloating saying..

"How does it feel to die!"

Being in place, and thinking he won gave Tarpals the chance to stab Grevious thus stunning him and thus the other Gungans were able to hit him with the Boomas.

So like Maul...he got cocky.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because instead of focusing, he was being a moron and pretty much laughed and held Tarpals in place after stabbing him and gloating saying..

"How does it feel to die!"

Being in place, and thinking he won gave Tarpals the chance to stab Grevious thus stunning him and thus the other Gungans were able to hit him with the Boomas.

So like Maul...he got cocky.

Which is not the cunning, powerful GG we saw in other sources. Why would he care to laugh at a Gungan? He didn't even give a **** to those Jedi he killed.

Which is not the cunning, powerful GG we saw in other sources. Why would he care to laugh at a Gungan? He didn't even give a **** to those Jedi he killed.

Because those were Jedi, and Gungans are pretty weak by comparison to them so why wouldn't he laugh at Tarpals? Maul did pretty much the same thing, he killed Qui-Gon who was a great Jedi Master and had Obi-Wan on the ropes. This all comes down to underestimating your opponent, which Maul and Grevious made that error.

Because those were Jedi, and Gungans are pretty weak by comparison to them so why wouldn't he laugh at Tarpals? Maul did pretty much the same thing, he killed Qui-Gon who was a great Jedi Master and had Obi-Wan on the ropes. This all comes down to underestimating your opponent, which Maul and Grevious made that error.

GG also view most of the Jedi as weakling, he thought they aren't worthy to earn his feelings.

Maul was different, he was not being arrogant, but way too careful, if he get too close he could get force pulled by Obi Wan.

GG also view most of the Jedi as weakling, he thought they aren't worthy to earn his feelings.

Maul was different, he was not being arrogant, but way too careful, if he get too close he could get force pulled by Obi Wan.

Yes but compared to Gungans? Jedi are more dangerous to GG, and Maul not being arrogant? Really? It sure looked that way, with him sending sparks at Obi-Wan as he laid there hanging and he actually had somewhat of a smile on his face instead of just finishing Obi-Wan off, he actually was prone to gloating and overconfidence(I mean come on, he thought he could kill the ENTIRE Jedi Order INCLUDING the Council in their Temple). You don't let your opponent live, so you can gloat over them at their defeat as they are still alive...you do that after they are dead.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Best: Ventress - I don't know about how she's been portrayed previously but right now she's just awesome.

Worst? *shrug* I wouldn't say General Grievous, mainly because I don't really consider the previous Clone Wars series canon at least where abilities are concerned. The nature of the animation meant everything was exaggerated and overpowered. I can only compare him to Grievous of RotS - and really this guy is no weaker or stronger. And from a personality/voice acting perspective etc. he is very good and spot on. Gotta love his evil cough/laugh, and his pseudo-romance with Ventress (sort of :p)

Palpatine? I think he's great. I like the sinister smiles as personally I prefer his alter ego, Sidious, and these little reminders that he isn't some naive, friendly Chancellor but an evil Sith Lord are important - also adds dark undertones at the right moment. And lets face it, the Prequels were full of sinister smiles, knowing looks etc. I mean remember

. Not exactly hiding is he? Still, he's not like doing it infront of Yoda. In fact those scenes with the Jedi always have a sense of chilling irony, they suspect nothing and Sidious' persona reveals nothing.

Dooku? Potrayed well, nowhere near enough screen time. Nor enough to really judge him properly.

Bariss, can't argue there, but we shall see how they develop her.

I think Ventress is probably the best. Maul is pretty good too.

My only beef with TCW is that there are plenty of characters that you don't see much of. The first few seasons made great strides in that area with the Ryloth/Malevolence and other episodes, but it eventually fell back to Kenobi, Skywalker and Tano.

I wish Dooku had more screen time, and I think Grievous needs to be shown as the cruel General we see in other Clone Wars works. We don't really see the devastation that the Clone Wars caused. Grievous was a major contributor in that area, and I would like to see some Separatist victories from Grievous to truly show how cruel he can be.

Yes but compared to Gungans? Jedi are more dangerous to GG, and Maul not being arrogant? Really? It sure looked that way, with him sending sparks at Obi-Wan as he laid there hanging and he actually had somewhat of a smile on his face instead of just finishing Obi-Wan off, he actually was prone to gloating and overconfidence(I mean come on, he thought he could kill the ENTIRE Jedi Order INCLUDING the Council in their Temple). You don't let your opponent live, so you can gloat over them at their defeat as they are still alive...you do that after they are dead.

If not even Jedi is worthy to earn his feeling, why would a Gungan be able to?

Edited by Slowpokeking

Best: Ventress - I don't know about how she's been portrayed previously but right now she's just awesome.

Worst? *shrug* I wouldn't say General Grievous, mainly because I don't really consider the previous Clone Wars series canon at least where abilities are concerned. The nature of the animation meant everything was exaggerated and overpowered. I can only compare him to Grievous of RotS - and really this guy is no weaker or stronger. And from a personality/voice acting perspective etc. he is very good and spot on. Gotta love his evil cough/laugh, and his pseudo-romance with Ventress (sort of :p)

In RotS GG's chest was Force Crushed by Mace Windu, he had not recovered from it yet. Why does people always use just CW as reference? I don't want to quote stuff from other EU again.

Palpatine? I think he's great. I like the sinister smiles as personally I prefer his alter ego, Sidious, and these little reminders that he isn't some naive, friendly Chancellor but an evil Sith Lord are important - also adds dark undertones at the right moment. And lets face it, the Prequels were full of sinister smiles, knowing looks etc. I mean remember
. Not exactly hiding is he? Still, he's not like doing it infront of Yoda. In fact those scenes with the Jedi always have a sense of chilling irony, they suspect nothing and Sidious' persona reveals nothing.

It's super naive to show your real intention before you reveal yourself, which Palpatine never did it in the movies.

That's not sinister, he was pretending to be happy to be rescued by Anakin.

Dooku? Potrayed well, nowhere near enough screen time. Nor enough to really judge him properly.

Nowhere close to CW

Edited by Slowpokeking

If not even Jedi is worthy to earn his feeling, why would a Gungan be able to?

Because he is overconfident? Just because he doesn't find Jedi worth of his feelings, doesn't mean he isn't suseptible to gloating and overconfidence in lower beings in terms of combat.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because he is overconfident?

That's not the GG we saw in other sources.

And all for what? Grievous asked himself. The timid old man backed to the bunker's rear wall? The would-be

champion of democracy, who had loosed his clone army against the merchants and builders and traders who

opposed his rule - - his Republic? Best to put the Jedi out of her misery, Grievous thought.

Sure he could get overconfident, but not like he would get stabbed by a dying Gungan.

That's not the GG we saw in other sources.

Sure he could get overconfident, but not like he would get stabbed by a dying Gungan.

He could because he decided to stay in a fixed position rather then move. Its one of those things, that specific circumstances had happened due to a multitude of reasons. Anyway, best to stop here I don't wanna derail the thread anymore then it already has.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He could because he decided to stay in a fixed position rather then move. Its one of those things, that specific circumstances had happened due to a multitude of reasons. Anyway, best to stop here I don't wanna derail the thread anymore then it already has.

Which is not what GG would do, and even Force Push could be dodged by him, why would a dying Gungans' speed be able to harm him?

Maul was bisected by Obi Wan, if it was just a dying Gungan he would dodge the attack easily.

Edited by Slowpokeking

this is why 99% of star wars is crap. The blatant fanboyism works to cover up the silliness of official works.

Why didn't Obi-Wan use Force Speed at the end of episode 1?

He was tired.

*Bwontwont*

this is why 99% of star wars is crap. The blatant fanboyism works to cover up the silliness of official works.

Why didn't Obi-Wan use Force Speed at the end of episode 1?

He was tired.

*Bwontwont*

I don't see how its fanboyism when I gave the reasons...oh and to that reason, ya...have Obi-Wan go crashing straight into the force fields that were brought up every couple of seconds and kill himself thats logical. More to that, how do we know he didn't use Force Speed? All we see of Obi-Wan is a blurr of him in the background as the camera focuses on Maul and Qui-Gon and by the time we see him again the gates are up.

Anyway am stopping here now for real I won't respond anymore, not wanting to derail the thread as it isn't mine. I apologize, that I think about things instead of taking what happens in media at face value I won't do it again.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't see how its fanboyism when I gave the reasons...oh and to that reason, ya...have Obi-Wan go crashing straight into the force fields that were brought up every couple of seconds and kill himself thats logical. More to that, how do we know he didn't use Force Speed? All we see of Obi-Wan is a blurr of him in the background as the camera focuses on Maul and Qui-Gon and by the time we see him again the gates are up.

Anyway am stopping here now for real I won't respond anymore, not wanting to derail the thread as it isn't mine. I apologize, that I think about things instead of taking what happens in media at face value I won't do it again.

you didn't give reason, you gave explanation and theory. Not even theory. which anyone can do after the fact. Bottom line was that there is a general consensus on Gungans: they suck. Having Grievous trashed by a Gungan reflects poorly on Grievous as a character.

blahblahblah TCW sucked lol.

Honestly, I thought the TCW was for the most part completely spot on. Can't even think of any instances where I wanted to really criticize their handling of the characters. I was especially pleased with how they introduced the Planet of Mandalore and the Death Watch. Give me Bioware style warmongering Mandalorians every day of the week over Karen Travissty's work.

I'd also like to add, I love how they've handled the clones in general. Giving them unique character conflicts etc.

Edited by MasterOak

I was especially pleased with how they introduced the Planet of Mandalore and the Death Watch. Give me Bioware style warmongering Mandalorians every day of the week over Karen Travissty's work.

Heh heh, Travissty... I must say I immensely prefer TCW's take on the Mandalorians over the honor-spewing, noble, insufferable characters that Traviss introduced. And the way she was trying to inject her Mandalorians' belief system into the entire Clone Army? Blech.

As originally conceived, the Mandalorians are rampaging warmongers who want to fight everyone to prove their strength. If they die trying, so be it. And that is why Traya saw them dying a slow death from the blows Revan dealt them at Malachor V. Boba Fett was basically the last of the Mandalorians, who had been reduced to bounty hunters like Jango and the occasional pirate raiding party.

So, yeah. Liked their handling of the Mandos in TCW.