Is decision or romance Reversal a thing?

EDarien

Hello! So I'm curious, if I chose the story options to be in a relationship with Lana, which I did, is there a way to reverse that? That is, can I go through the chapters again and make different choices on the same character in order to see different paths (romantically or even Valkorian choices)?

No, the first time you play the story is the only time the decisions are recorded for the story. Replaying chapters only allows you to see alternate version of that particular chapter. I guess if you had flirted with multiple love interests over the course of Kotfe, then you could see how picking a different option would have worked in replaying Chapter 9. Or I guess if you had another love interest from the class stories that returned, you could see how picking them over Lana would have gone, but it is not supposed to affect anything outside of that replay of that chapter.

No, the first time you play the story is the only time the decisions are recorded for the story. Replaying chapters only allows you to see alternate version of that particular chapter. I guess if you had flirted with multiple love interests over the course of Kotfe, then you could see how picking a different option would have worked in replaying Chapter 9. Or I guess if you had another love interest from the class stories that returned, you could see how picking them over Lana would have gone, but it is not supposed to affect anything outside of that replay of that chapter.

Fuss, fuss. If, during the return-chapter (Chapter X for Kaliyo, XI for Aric Jorgan, etc.), you picked during first-play to resume your romance with the returning story companion, that will break off the romance with the KotFE companion - I've seen a video of the breakup with Lana and it is clear (just from the images) that she is devastated by the breakup.

However, if you pick to break off the old romance during the first play of a return-chapter, you break up with K/AJ/etc., and you can't un-do that.