Question regarding HK-51 and crewskill

SnipeAlott

I like my ship-droid, so hope I get to have both him and HK :)

And for the person who didn't want to play a republic good guy, roll a evil JK. My friend has had a lot of fun playing a evil jedi...

Somewhere in a class-story not far from you

Random guy who has done something bad: "Yes, I did wrong. But you'll let me go... right. I mean, jedi's are good, you know taking care of people and such... right...? "

Evil Jedi: :D:D:D "NO :mad: *stab stab*"

It worked wonders for him. Actually going along with him to class-missions was a bit like watching a accident, you know it will hurt but can't look away. Will probably never be able to play a evil char myself, but it was interesting to see it. Just my 2 cents, happy playing.

Edited by SilentKitty

HK-51 [statement] "Previous encounters with meatbags had all but solidified my conclusion that droids would one day rule the galaxy. Having met your ship droid, I have decided that meatbags still have a fighting chance."

[Query] "May I please kill the ship droid master? It's insistance on fragrancing your ship has become quite the nuisance."

[statement] "Master. The ship's sabacc table is in need of spare parts. I recommend the ship droid's communication device as a suitable replacement."

:D this is awesome! LOL'ed hard!

So... what exactly is the point of HK-51? Every class already has a character that can fill every necessary role. Is HK-51 just fluff then or does he provide some actual in-game benefit? No one seems to want to answer this whenever I ask it. Yes, I do see the marginal bonus to "all" crafting. Is there anything else?

Just to head you off at the pass, I'm not hating. I'm asking. There is nothing cool about fluff that (nearly) everyone has. That's why I'm curious about some kind of substantial (as in, worth the effort) benefit for acquiring it.

Thanks.

I hope he's at least a little better in combat than your other companions to make dailies a little less mind numbing.

I have read that you will need a Republic and Empire character to get him.

I have NO care for playing any Republic good guys. So. essentially I am being forced to play hours and hours and hours of something I do not want to play at ALL in order to earn something. Wow....talk about ruining the fun of this game. As if doing dailies and FP's over and over and over and over again once you hit 50 wasn't boring enough....

Sounds like the people at Bioware enjoy being bored and making others be bored. Plus, running out of ideas to make the game FUN!!!

Not just people that only play one faction, but people that may have a 50 of both factions but on different servers also lose out.

Don't worry...I'm sure you'll be able to buy HK-51 in the Cartel Shop for the low, low price of 1000 Cartel Coins.

Edited by HarleysRule

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys just wanted to put in a few words if bioware wants to make HK51 sooooo hard to get and u have to have a empire and republic toon both be level 50 then i will just quit the game and never and i mean never ever in the history of man play the game again tell u give me what i want and thats getting the HK droid from a easy quest free and if u want us to pay for hk thats never going to happen and i will tell u why because number 1 i allready pay for the game number 2 u have not even put out hk or the new planet and u have been saying and promiseing people this content for about a year now and u have not kept your word so far so i dont see reason to trust u yet and number 3 and this is my fave reason of all world of warcraft run by blizzerd entertainment give us the best of the best and when they say new content they mean new content NOW NOT IN 3000 YEARS THEY COME OUT WITH IT RIGHT WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL AND THEY GIVE A REALEASE DATE AND EVERYTHING AND IF U DONT CHANGE YOUR WAYS THEN I WILL NEVER COME BACK AND ONE MORE THING BEFORE I GO TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT IM GETTING THE NEW WORLD OF WARCRAFT Expansion MISTS OF PANDAIRA WITH FREE MOUNTS AND FREE NEW PLAYABLE RACE YES U DO HAVE TO PAY FOR NEW CONTENT BUT NOT JUST FOR A SINGLE NEW COMPAYON U PAY ONE PRICE 30 BUCKS FOR A WHOLE NEW continent AND THEY ONLY MAKE U PAY FOR NEW CONTANT WONCE EVERY FEW YEARS HOWEVER THEY COME OUT WITH NEW THINGS FREE EVERY FEW MONTHS SO the only choise i can see is stop being stengy and give out free content and do it when u say u will or lose all your subscribers!

PEACE OUT

HK-51 [statement] "Previous encounters with meatbags had all but solidified my conclusion that droids would one day rule the galaxy. Having met your ship droid, I have decided that meatbags still have a fighting chance."

[Query] "May I please kill the ship droid master? It's insistance on fragrancing your ship has become quite the nuisance."

[statement] "Master. The ship's sabacc table is in need of spare parts. I recommend the ship droid's communication device as a suitable replacement."

[statement] lol

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) whether HK-51 would give players an additional Crew Skills deployment. He said that right now we plan on keeping the maximum deployed at 5. Regarding his bonuses, he'll have a small efficiency bonus to all Mission Skills and a small critical bonus to all Crafting Skills.

So... what is the answer to the second poster's question?

Can HK-51 use for instance, the Engineering Droid's Sensor?

It only says "Requires C2-N2, 2V-R8" and "Requires Droid Armor"

Edited by Heliac