Why was the Outlander so weak before Vaylin and Arcann?

Slowpokeking

I think some people are overestimating Forcewalking.

It doesn't grant true immortality, just seems to bind the Inquisitor's spirit to their body so the Force can heal themselves. It pretty much the exact same thing as what Valkorion does with the Outlander if you lose the duel with Arcann. Sort of like Force CPR. Destroy the body, stab the heart with a lightsaber, cut off a head and nobody is coming back from that. Hence why the Inquisitor's class mission on Rishi is about whether or not they are going to pursue immortality foolishly as Talos puts it.

Honestly the Inquisitor's survival is a more a testament to Thanaton's carelessness than anything else. The guy is supposed to be an expert in Force lore and rituals and he just doesn't seem to be able to put it together with how to react to the Inquisitor until the Inquisitor has the upperhand.

Edited by ArenCordial

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is because he lost against Darth Thanaton very very fast simple as that. The other sith manged to kill a dark council member sure not alone but to get to that dark council member he had to kill dozen upon dozen of sith force users to get to him and he was the strongest of the 2 who killed that dark council member.

Here is how I see things tier 1 average sith/jedi aprrentice and padawan, tier 2 average sith lord/jedi knight, tier 3 average jedi master/darth sith, tier 4 most of the jedi council member/ dark council member,Dread Master and tier 5 Darth Marr, Malgus, jedi master Satele Shan, Wrath, HOT, Warden of the Order.

I will put Darth Nox before the ghosts at tier 3 close to tier 4 after ghosts he is tier 5. Do not get me wrong as a sith lord he was stronger then a jedi master.

But that was the beginning of Chapter 2, I don't think any of the PC other than Hero of Tython could win against Thanaton at that time. He had not been a DC member yet but he was already very powerful.

But that was the beginning of Chapter 2, I don't think any of the PC other than Hero of Tython could win against Thanaton at that time. He had not been a DC member yet but he was already very powerful.

The warden of the order killed a abomination in the force that had the power of several jedi masters while himself was weakened by shielding several jedi masters.

The wrath defeated a jedi master and her apprentice and at the end of chapter 2 he killed a dark council member a actual dark council member together with dozens of sith force users.

I will put Darth Nox before the ghosts at tier 3 close to tier 4 after ghosts he is tier 5. Do not get me wrong as a sith lord he was stronger then a jedi master.

A) Force walking is a difficult ritual, and the average Sith cannot bind the dead. The average Sith Lord will simply fail and die. That's a fact. "Even the great Tulak Hord didn't tangle with ghosts"- Khem to the SI.

Most sith lords would simply die. Most likely, all the other PCs would die to, they'd never be able to bind the dead due to it being a dark side ritual that demands "a rare pull amongst ghosts", as Kallig describes it.

B) as an acolyte, he defeats a dashade in single combat, which is actually incredibly impressive. This is much more impressive than the feats the JC, SW or JK had at similar times, and he had less training than all (even though it's natural to assume that the SI spends much more time than the other 3 at the starter planet, as he goes through the academy normally, the SW does not and the jedi are already "almost fully trained."

C) Nox, as an apprentice on the first planet he arrives at, has the most feats toO. He kills every single apprentice of Skotia, as well as a Sith Lord, before killing a Darth as well. But surely, he's "an average sith lord" before he binds the dead, even though he's capable of destryoing an entire powerbase at this stage. Wrath never did something close to that at this stage;Neither did the JK or JC before later in their careers. But the apprentice that destroyed an entire Darth's powerbase at this early phase is "an average Sith lord".

Nox also managed difficult rituals like mind healing and dream walking.

You may not like Nox, but Nox isn't even a tiny bit weaker than the other PCs. Not even without the ghosts. Thanaton is shown as one of the most powerful sorcerers in-game; by the way, as you can see in the SI-ending. Much more impressive than let's say, Baras. Much more. Thanaton is actually a master of the Dark side.

Also; Thanaton didn't "bother to check" because he could feel the darn SI being dead, because he was indeed dead for a moment. He didn't think that the SI had force-walked, because, nobody force-walks; people don't dare try and everyone that tries fails.

*Valkorion being the only other person that we know of thasn't failed.

-See the conversation("Dream of Empire"- "I always hoped I'd add you to my collection" -SI "I could say the same"- Valky

Saying that Nox is close to an "average sith lord" without the ghosts is simply comical. It's like saying that the Wrath is "just the average muscle, found at every corner, nothing special to see here, luckily for him some big people pushed him in the right direction, could've been anyone!"

Edited by Leaveshill

The warden of the order killed a abomination in the force that had the power of several jedi masters while himself was weakened by shielding several jedi masters.

The wrath defeated a jedi master and her apprentice and at the end of chapter 2 he killed a dark council member a actual dark council member together with dozens of sith force users.

Don't tell me you consider master Karr to be more impressive than Thanaton? Haha. That's just silly, if you do. And while killing Vengean was impressive enough, he brought Lord Draagh, and Lord Draagh is, after all, Wrath's most impressive duel-kill... So, it's not very impressive. I mean, it wasn't a fair fight. Not at all. And he didn't kill "dozens of sith force users", to get to Vengean; he killed a few Sith on the way; you don't kill every single nameless NPC in the world, just saying. Just like Nox didn't kill 13 Sith at Quesh, he killed one Sith lord and not 12 sith assassins as well.... Still. Vengean is not a very impressive feat due to Draagh being there as well

Killing the Plaguemaster, however... That's impressive, really impressive. One of the most impressive feats in the game, in truth.

Edited by Leaveshill

Don't tell me you consider master Karr to be more impressive than Thanaton? Haha. That's just silly, if you do. And while killing Vengean was impressive enough, he brought Lord Draagh, and Lord Draagh is, after all, Wrath's most impressive duel-kill... So, it's not very impressive. I mean, it wasn't a fair fight. Not at all. And he didn't kill "dozens of sith force users", you don't kill every single nameless NPC in the world, just saying. Just like Nox didn't kill 13 Sith at Quesh, he killed one Sith lord and not 12 sith assassins as well.... Still. Vengean is not a very impressive feat due to Draagh being there as well

Killing the Plaguemaster, however... That's impressive, really impressive. One of the most impressive feats in the game, in truth.

Draagh didn't participate in the vengean fight and held back just to see what the Wrath could do. Even in game he spends the entire fight being force choked. He also defeated the Emperor's voice who was taken over by Sel Makor (a force entity.) and defeated Darth Baras who was empowered by Sel Makor and had empowered himself with the Force Entity who is confirmed to be the spirit of Darth Traya. Baras himself was a capable duelist and was able to hold off Satele Shan. There was a reason he made it to the council in the first place (he was also stabbed in the back and it didn't really phase him.)

Draahg was also an impressive victory. He should have died multiple times but through sheer willpower was able to return until the wrath decapitated him. Draahg also one shot Vowrawn taking him out of the fight effortlessly (another dark council member.) Note Baras tied the Entity to Draahg and his cybernetics. Does this make Wrath more impressive than Nox? Of course not. All four force users have similar level feats. They're all equal. To say otherwise is fanboyism.

My main is a madness sorcerer.

That one was a plague, no proof showed that he is more powerful than Thanaton, if you pick dark side you don't shield any of them at all.

But the Wrath still require others help to defeat Baras' master.

Draagh didn't participate in the vengean fight and held back just to see what the Wrath could do. Even in game he spends the entire fight being force choked. He also defeated the Emperor's voice who was taken over by Sel Makor (a force entity.) and defeated Darth Baras who was empowered by Sel Makor and had empowered himself with the Force Entity who is confirmed to be the spirit of Darth Traya. Baras himself was a capable duelist and was able to hold off Satele Shan. There was a reason he made it to the council in the first place (he was also stabbed in the back and it didn't really phase him.)

Draahg was also an impressive victory. He should have died multiple times but through sheer willpower was able to return until the wrath decapitated him. Draahg also one shot Vowrawn taking him out of the fight effortlessly (another dark council member.) Note Baras tied the Entity to Draahg and his cybernetics. Does this make Wrath more impressive than Nox? Of course not. All four force users have similar level feats. They're all equal. To say otherwise is fanboyism.

My main is a madness sorcerer.

Most of them happened later in the end of chapter 2 or 3. Nox got owned by Thanaton in the beginning of chapter 2, when he/she had just finished with Zash.

A) Force walking is a difficult ritual, and the average Sith cannot bind the dead. The average Sith Lord will simply fail and die. That's a fact. "Even the great Tulak Hord didn't tangle with ghosts"- Khem to the SI.

Most sith lords would simply die. Most likely, all the other PCs would die to, they'd never be able to bind the dead due to it being a dark side ritual that demands "a rare pull amongst ghosts", as Kallig describes it.

B) as an acolyte, he defeats a dashade in single combat, which is actually incredibly impressive. This is much more impressive than the feats the JC, SW or JK had at similar times, and he had less training than all (even though it's natural to assume that the SI spends much more time than the other 3 at the starter planet, as he goes through the academy normally, the SW does not and the jedi are already "almost fully trained."

C) Nox, as an apprentice on the first planet he arrives at, has the most feats toO. He kills every single apprentice of Skotia, as well as a Sith Lord, before killing a Darth as well. But surely, he's "an average sith lord" before he binds the dead, even though he's capable of destryoing an entire powerbase at this stage. Wrath never did something close to that at this stage;Neither did the JK or JC before later in their careers. But the apprentice that destroyed an entire Darth's powerbase at this early phase is "an average Sith lord".

Nox also managed difficult rituals like mind healing and dream walking.

You may not like Nox, but Nox isn't even a tiny bit weaker than the other PCs. Not even without the ghosts. Thanaton is shown as one of the most powerful sorcerers in-game; by the way, as you can see in the SI-ending. Much more impressive than let's say, Baras. Much more. Thanaton is actually a master of the Dark side.

Also; Thanaton didn't "bother to check" because he could feel the darn SI being dead, because he was indeed dead for a moment. He didn't think that the SI had force-walked, because, nobody force-walks; people don't dare try and everyone that tries fails. *Valkorion being the only other person that we know of thasn't failed. -See the conversation("Dream of Empire"- "I always hoped I'd add you to my collection" -SI "I could say the same"- Valky

Saying that Nox is close to an "average sith lord" without the ghosts is simply comical. It's like saying that the Wrath is "just the average muscle, found at every corner, nothing special to see here, luckily for him some big people pushed him in the right direction, could've been anyone!"

Please edit this to make it more easily readable. You make decent points but you make a lot them and its a pain to get through.

A.) Forcewalking is a rare talent, and the Inquisitor's predisposition to it is the source of the Inquisitor's path to power. Like you said the Inquisitor can be assumed to have less training than the Jedi and probably the Warrior thus Forcewalking is the way the Inquisitor was able to even the playing field. Frankly I think it lead more to the Inquisitor breaking through training barriers so the PC's natural strength could manifest more easily in lieu of serious training.

Second I doubt guys like Tulak Hord frankly gave a rats behind about Forcewalking. There's a lot of risks with little pay off. As Ergast said you don't bind more than one ghost and lets face it most ghosts are but shadows of the power they held in life. One ghost doesn't amount to much so why take a potential distraction if you're not going to get a decent bump in power. The only reason the Inquisitor binds more than one ghost is simply because he didn't know better.

B.) Defeating Khem is impressive but not that impressive given the state you find him in. More impressive than the other acolytes who are the Inquisitor's competition? Sure. As far as Skotia is concerned Zash handed it up on a silver platter so the Inquisitor could take the heat if necessary, given the ease his minor powerbase was destroyed its a feat but lets not make more of it than it is.

C.) I think the point the other person was making is not that the Inquisitor is a "3" without the ghosts but rather by the end of Act 1 is a 3. The Inquisitor is as powerful as the other Force Using PC with or without the ghosts so a 5 on that scale. By the end of Act 3 I don't see any evidence that the Inquisitor gains much from the ghosts now. The Inquisitor's power has grown enough they matter less and less. Its kind of like having 5 cups of water. Sure it makes a difference when you pour them into a barrel, but when you pour them into a lake nobody notices. The Inquisitor over the acts grows from a barrel into a lake.

La la .

I'll edit it; I probably was a bit lazy!

A) We agree on this one.

B) While that's true, I compared it to the other's feats at the same time (Meaning, at their early-phase, pre-capital), and I find it more impressive than the other's feats at this point. And while Zash obviously helped, the raw power to tear it down was still impressive for an apprentice in his earliest period. It's nothing compared to any of the Force.using PCs feats overall, but it's impressive compared to the JK killing Black-sun criminals, for instance.

C) While that may be correct, it seemed to me like the person meant that Nox without ghosts=average Sith Lord, Darth Skotia or Lord Grathan calibre. I may of course be wrong in that aspect.

*Also, binding ghosts are a source of great power. It's worth the risk; after all we get the indication that The Emperor also is a force walker in Dream of Empire? - Look at the scene, SI ; "I always hoped I'd get to add you to my collection"; Valky "I can say the same of you" or something like that. Meaning, if it's true(which is appears to be) that it's totally worth it, and Tulak Hord didn't for other reasons than it not being worth it. Of course, the ritual of Force walk was Ergast attempt to copy Tulak Hord's force-devour ritual and therefore he couldn't have known of it (and he didn't try to experiment either. But still; Force walk is a very powerful ritual,.

Draagh did force Vengean to waste his force on him, so it's still a major distraction for Vengean. But okey, maybe I'm giving Wrath too little credit for that.

I don't consider Draagh's power over Vowrawn impressive though; due to Vowrawn almost being one-shot by a simple mercenary as well; which is a sign of Vowrawn's strenght being very, very low for a Sith Lord's standards.

And indeed, they're all equal, with basically the same level of feats. I just find it weird if someone indicates that Karr is a more challenging enemy than Thanaton. I didn't mean that Wrath didn't have impresive feats, simply that his most impressive kill (at least I find it so) is Draagh and not Karr (And not Baras either, for that matter) That may be wrong, of course, but that's how I see it. I find Draagh to be a very impressive kill. I just fail to see how someone can say that defeating Karr and his padawan means that Thanaton would be dead to, as I can't see Karr being stronger than Thanaton in the force.

Edited by Leaveshill

Draagh did force Vengean to waste his force on him, so it's still a major distraction for Vengean. But okey, maybe I'm giving Wrath too little credit for that.

I don't consider Draagh's power over Vowrawn impressive though; due to Vowrawn almost being one-shot by a simple mercenary as well; which is a sign of Vowrawn's strenght being very, very low for a Sith Lord's standards.

And indeed, they're all equal, with basically the same level of feats. I just find it weird if someone indicates that Karr is a more challenging enemy than Thanaton. I didn't mean that Wrath didn't have impresive feats, simply that his most impressive kill (at least I find it so) is Draagh and not Karr (And not Baras either, for that matter) That may be wrong, of course, but that's how I see it. I find Draagh to be a very impressive kill. I just fail to see how someone can say that defeating Karr and his padawan means that Thanaton would be dead to, as I can't see Karr being stronger than Thanaton in the force.

Yeah, I agree with you. Thanaton > Karr. I do want to point out the bold. All vengean did was hold Draahg under force choke. For someone on Vengean's level (especially since Draahg admitted he was holding back and let it happen so he can see Wrath in action) wouldn't take much. It pretty much is a solo kill for the Wrath. It also makes sense too. It was in that moment where Baras decided Wrath was too dangerous and wanted to kill him. Draahg probably reported "Yeah, I hung back seeing what Wrath would do and he killed Vengean without breaking a sweat.." This made Baras nervous. Rightfully so.

What puzzles me is why tie something as powerful as the Entity to Draahg when Draahg himself was young with a lot of potential? I could never figure that out. Then again Draahg admitted he kept a lot of secrets from Baras. Learned sorcery and swordplay from both vengean and Baras and he felt confident he had grown stronger than both. Maybe Baras truly had no idea of Draahg's potential?

Edited by Rhyltran

Don't tell me you consider master Karr to be more impressive than Thanaton? Haha. That's just silly, if you do. And while killing Vengean was impressive enough, he brought Lord Draagh, and Lord Draagh is, after all, Wrath's most impressive duel-kill... So, it's not very impressive. I mean, it wasn't a fair fight. Not at all. And he didn't kill "dozens of sith force users", to get to Vengean; he killed a few Sith on the way; you don't kill every single nameless NPC in the world, just saying. Just like Nox didn't kill 13 Sith at Quesh, he killed one Sith lord and not 12 sith assassins as well.... Still. Vengean is not a very impressive feat due to Draagh being there as well

Of course you do why would not do it? Its even mentioned in the dialogue there are even named sith lords there why its the home of Darth a dark council one of course its full of sith force users.

La

I had a feeling you would agree on that!

Hmm. While that's true, wouldn't it still be demand concentration? Even if if only demands a fraction of his focus, it's still a problem as all focus must be directed at the fight. But of course, you're right that it's so impressive that Baras decides to betray his own apprentice out of fear.

Also; did he learn from Vengean behind Baras' back? I was under the impression that Baras wanted Draagh to grow stronger, and also that Draagh was a very, very loyal servant to Baras; I didn't think he had any secrets from Baras either. Of course, I only played through the Warrior storyline once and I may have missed this; I just can't recall him saying it. Maybe I didn't pay attention or maybe I chose the wrong lines in the conversations, though.

Baras may of course have underestimated Draagh, even though it's not typical of Baras to underestimate

La las[/url]

Wrath kill a few sith there, true. Not dozens. Keep in mind that, beside normal troopers, the not-named npcs are rarely killed by you for anything but game-mechanics. Yes, Wrath kills 3 (or maybe 4) force users there before he faces Vengean; which is very impressive "in a day's work"; but it's not "killed dozens of force users". Nobody has dozens of force users stuck in their basement; it's a war going on and work to be done. Just like Thanaton doesn't send 13 sith to kill Nox's apprentices; He sends one sith lord alone. That Sith Lord doesn't need 12 more sith; It's not like he's storming the Jedi Temple or something.

Edited by Leaveshill

Wrath kill a few sith there, true. Not dozens. Keep in mind that, beside normal troopers, the not-named npcs are rarely killed by you for anything but game-mechanics. Yes, Wrath kills 3 (or maybe 4) force users there before he faces Vengean; which is very impressive "in a day's work"; but it's not "killed dozens of force users". Nobody has dozens of force users stuck in their basement; it's a war going on and work to be done. Just like Thanaton doesn't send 13 sith to kill Nox's apprentices; He sends one sith lord alone. That Sith Lord doesn't need 12 more sith; It's not like he's storming the Jedi Temple or something.

Ok lets take it logically first he is a Darth right? Second a Dark Council member right?

Now lets see what we know about Darth's well each of them have a power base of some extent proved by quite a number Darth's we meet.

Lets take Darth Angral for example he had 4 sith lords under his command and a huge ship and a army is that true?

Now was Darth Angral on the council? No he was not and yet he had quite a powerful power base.

Lets take Darth Baras for example he had about 4 apprentices we know of and a freaking intelligence base surpassed only by Darth Janus also a small army.

Darth Baras was also not a dark council member.

And then comes Darth Thanaton actual council member how many sith where did you all saw during the Kaggath?

How many of them where Darth rank and how many darth and lords where killed by the SI in the struggle that took years who where subordinates to Thanaton?

Now was Darth Vengeance a dark council member and a Darth?

Edited by adormitul

Ok lets take it logically first he is a Darth right? Second a Dark Council member right?

Now lets see what we know about Darth's well each of them have a power base of some extent proved by quite a number Darth's we meet.

Lets take Darth Angral for example he had 4 sith lords under his command and a huge ship and a army is that true?

Now was Darth Angral on the council? No he was not and yet he had quite a powerful power base.

Lets take Darth Baras for example he had about 4 apprentices we know of and a freaking intelligence base surpassed only by Darth Janus also a small army.

Darth Baras was also not a dark council member.

And then comes Darth Thanaton actual council member how many sith where did you all saw during the Kaggath?

How many of them where Darth rank and how many darth and lords where killed by the SI in the struggle that took years who where subordinates to Thanaton?

Now was Darth Vengeance a dark council member and a Darth?

Angral had 4 Sith Lords under him. This is possibly what Vengean has in his compound; four Sith lords. And a lot of Sith that's outside of his compound, that serve him through his other apprentices (like Darth Baras), or are out doing tasks. Angral has a huge powerbase, but it's not big compared to Thanaton's, Baras' or Vengean's.

I'm not saying that Vengean doesn't have a lot of Sith Lords under him; however, I'm stating that Vengean doesn't have most of his Sith inside his personal compound. He's fighting a war; his apprentices, Sith-followers have to be out waging war, doing tasks he has specified them to. Also, of course, a lot of the Sith aren't directly under him; A lot of the sith are under his servants (Like; under Baras; or under other of his Servants that has their own powerbases within his powerbase)

And yes, Thanaton has a huge powerbase; obviously. But he has his own powerbase that he spend decades on getting, as well as the entire powerbase of his former master whom he kills. Keep also in mind that the SI kills more Sith during the Kaggath than the Wrath did during his attack on Vengean's stronghold(or than the Wrath on Corellia, for that matter) due to it being a Kaggath; powerbase vs powerbase, and therefore Thanaton had almost his entire powerbase stationed at Corellia.

Vengean on the other hand, most likely didn't have his entire powerbase stuck in his basement, he had the 3 or 4 sith you kill to get keys. Of course I may be wrong, but I can't see the point in having 10 sith in his basement, just like I can't see Thanaton send a dozen sith to assist as powerful Sith Lord in killing two mere apprentices. And I can't see all the other Sith filling their homes with lots of sith either. A few, yes, but unless there's a specific reason to, then huge portions of the powerbase won't he in the basement. Therefore most of the Sith-kills are simply game-mechanics. It would be madness otherwise. "Hehe I'm just gonna save my apprentice, better ready myself to kill those 13 sith Assassins.."

Vengean and Thanaton probably had pretty equal powerbases, but the fact stands that Vengean had just been weakened from the failed war-effort due to Baras' treachery which probably took down a rather big portion of it, and I seriously doubt that he recalled all of his Sith to sit idle by in his basement. His loyal apprentices, sure, but most of the Sith-NPCs you see aren't really part of his normal defences, they're out doing missions and leading the war-effort. Therefore most nameless NPCS aren't relevant. Sure, the troopers are; but force users are something different and there's very, very few not-named NPCS that you kill that's actually kills. The Jedi strikeforce-commander for SI on Alderaan or the Cyborg Sith-Guards on Corellia are some examples. And the JK kills some nameless Sith as well; but ALMOST all of the nameless Sith or Jedi are simply game-mechanics.

Okay you are missing a key thing here Vengean knew that he will be attacked by Barass so its stands to reason that he was prepared and brought most of his power base to his stronghold. He was not sending his sith to war when he had the snake at his doorstep.

It even makes sense you bring all you got to defend yourself.

Ok guys, do you mind stop the current debate for a moment?

I just played the first 9 chapters with my SI character and I noticed it. During the Chapter8 fight she was mostly having a lightsaber duel with Arcann rather than use all the Force power she was good at, I guess that's why she loses.

Ok guys, do you mind stop the current debate for a moment?

I just played the first 9 chapters with my SI character and I noticed it. During the Chapter8 fight she was mostly having a lightsaber duel with Arcann rather than use all the Force power she was good at, I guess that's why she loses.

Yeah the SI and JC should have used force powers not lightsaber combat not that their weak at it but its not their strength their strength are in their force abilities. SI should have used lighting lighting upon lighting upon lighting upon lighting adding to that more lighting add to it even more lighting then even more lighting.

JC should have used force push with more more force push with debris trow followed by more debris trow followed by more force push followed by even more force push then more and then even more and more force push then using debris then more force push.

Yeah the SI and JC should have used force powers not lightsaber combat not that their weak at it but its not their strength their strength are in their force abilities. SI should have used lighting lighting upon lighting upon lighting upon lighting adding to that more lighting add to it even more lighting then even more lighting.

JC should have used force push with more more force push with debris trow followed by more debris trow followed by more force push followed by even more force push then more and then even more and more force push then using debris then more force push.

I disagree. My Shadow is awesome with a lightsaber :p

That all said, I think it's time they just made the classes a mix of both, as I think most players would prefer a mix of both and not just "Oh I focus on lightsaber" or "Oh, I just focus on force abilities"

Who's considered the most powerful Force user of this time? Vitiate/Valkorion. The only one stronger than him is the one who can defeat him. And the vision confirms that it will be the JK who eventually defeats the Emperor for good. So JK is the strongest PC :) Edited by jauvtus

Who's considered the most powerful Force user of this time? Vitiate/Valkorion. The only one stronger than him is the one who can defeat him. And the vision confirms that it will be the JK who eventually defeats the Emperor for good. So JK is the strongest PC :)

Yeah I'm pretty sure that plot point has been thrown under the bus by now. Whatever class you play as in KoTFE (or whenever the time for Vitiate/Valkorion to be killed off for real/be redeemed comes) will be the one to do it . Or it might even be an NPC like Vaylin or Senya for example. Anyways I'm 99.8% certain that the "only the Jedi knight can defeat the emperor prophecy" will from now on be either never mentioned again in hopes of making players forget it ever existed or it will be handwaved away somehow.

Also just on a side note: defeating the strongest Force user does not automatically mean that you are stronger than said forceuser. Most of the time it just means, that the hero lucked out somehow or the villains god-like powers somehow failed them all of a sudden because the plot demanded it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that plot point has been thrown under the bus by now. Whatever class you play as in KoTFE (or whenever the time for Vitiate/Valkorion to be killed off for real/be redeemed comes) will be the one to do it . Or it might even be an NPC like Vaylin or Senya for example. Anyways I'm 99.8% certain that the "only the Jedi knight can defeat the emperor prophecy" will from now on be either never mentioned again in hopes of making players forget it ever existed or it will be handwaved away somehow.

Also just on a side note: defeating the strongest Force user does not automatically mean that you are stronger than said forceuser. Most of the time it just means, that the hero lucked out somehow or the villains god-like powers somehow failed them all of a sudden because the plot demanded it.

So the idea is to ruin the story as it's been told to us so far?

BTW: I say this as someone who doesn't care for the Knight storyline :p

Even Nox?

What is with this "SI is stronger than everyone else" attitude? Its really annoying to see this every *********** time. Give it a rest already :mad:

I agree with this sentiment simply so that the cutscenes would have some uniqueness to them. I admit painting all player characters with the same brush and generally having someone else do the bulk of the work in cutscenes is also really annoying.

Edited by Karkais