Ideal rotation for Arsenal spec merc?

Hugedata

Just wondering rotation to use for ideal. I am noticing that I'm struggling a bit against mobs +1 level to me (21).

I have tracer missile.

Should I throw tracer and rail shot right away or build up multiple tracers first? What else should I throw into the rotation, Unload? Incendiary Missile? Power shot?

Could use some advice about what you guys use. Any help appreciated.

tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle tracermissle

try that

The unfortunate reality of your level is that there's not much of a rotation you can use. You don't have the talents to make Rail Shot useful. Unload still does more damage than Tracer Missile even at your level I believe, so it's worth using. The further you get into Arsenal, the more skills you begin to use.

The spec really takes off at 26 when you get 2/2 Terminal Velocity. At that point, you can switch to HVG Cylinder. At 30 when you get Tracer Lock, Rail Shot becomes worth using once you have 5 stacks of the Tracer Missile debuff. And once you get the Barrage talent, you are able to use Unload much more and it does a TON of damage. At 50, my Tracer Missiles are currently hitting for around 1200, but Unload normally does 2500-3000 after a Barrage proc IIRC.

At any rate, you are better off sticking to Tracer Missile for the time being. I know it's boring, but I promise it gets better.

The unfortunate reality of your level is that there's not much of a rotation you can use. You don't have the talents to make Rail Shot useful. Unload still does more damage than Tracer Missile even at your level I believe, so it's worth using. The further you get into Arsenal, the more skills you begin to use.

The spec really takes off at 26 when you get 2/2 Terminal Velocity. At that point, you can switch to HVG Cylinder. At 30 when you get Tracer Lock, Rail Shot becomes worth using once you have 5 stacks of the Tracer Missile debuff. And once you get the Barrage talent, you are able to use Unload much more and it does a TON of damage. At 50, my Tracer Missiles are currently hitting for around 1200, but Unload normally does 2500-3000 after a Barrage proc IIRC.

At any rate, you are better off sticking to Tracer Missile for the time being. I know it's boring, but I promise it gets better.

Thanks so much. This is awesome info.

I'm the same level as you and this is my rotation

Tracer Missile x5 to add buff

then use Rail Shot and Unload each time they cooldown

Power Shot while Unload and Rail Shot is on cooldown

Be sure to use TM every time it is about to wear off

As soon as you get Light Em Up, you can use Tracer Missile 3 times instead

As soon as you get Tracer Lock

TMx3 Unload TMx2 Rail Shot

When you finally get HM

Your rotation should be

TMx3 HM Unload TMx2 Rail Shot

I'm quite tired so may be missing something here...

...but, why do you need to do TMx2 after the HM and Unload?

Surely with the TMx3, you already have the 5 heat signatures needed for full power Rail Shot?

Am I forgetting something?

I'm quite tired so may be missing something here...

...but, why do you need to do TMx2 after the HM and Unload?

Surely with the TMx3, you already have the 5 heat signatures needed for full power Rail Shot?

Am I forgetting something?

The added boost from Rail Shot isn't from heat signatures, it's from Tracer Lock which is only added each time you use TM

At early levels, I felt BH was a bit OP because everything died so easy. Once you start fighting mobs in the 20s range, they start having the ability to heal which makes it much harder to do enough damage to out-damage their heals. I think my problem was not really knowing how to use tracer missile, since prior to getting it I had a tidy rotation setup that allowed me to deal with pretty much anything.

More like, when in doubt, go to the Ask a Mercenary thread 2.0, it's sticky-ed in the Mercenary sub-forum and the best thread around

While I agree that it's a helpful thread, it's focused on his hybrid build and doesn't really address full arsenal builds. The rotation for that hybrid spec and the rotation for an Arsenal BH are completely different. The thread linked in your quoted post is far more helpful for a full Arsenal BH.

But we get it. You like the thread.

While I agree that it's a helpful thread, it's focused on his hybrid build and doesn't really address full arsenal builds. The rotation for that hybrid spec and the rotation for an Arsenal BH are completely different. The thread linked in your quoted post is far more helpful for a full Arsenal BH.

But we get it. You like the thread.

Just because he runs a hybrid build doesn't mean that thread isn't helpful at all, he's gone to lvl 50 quite a few times as a merc so he has much more than just his hybrid build.

Just because he runs a hybrid build doesn't mean that thread isn't helpful at all, he's gone to lvl 50 quite a few times as a merc so he has much more than just his hybrid build.

The OP is strictly focused on his hybrid build. I just read it again to make sure. To get any information about how to play an Arsenal BH, you'd have to read the entire thread to dig out the answers you are looking for. Meanwhile, both the topic linked earlier on another forum and numerous other threads address the question asked in this topic both more in-depth and without all the digging through so many pages to find.

I'm not denying it's a great thread, but it's really focused on the hybrid build and how to play it. It's not feasible to expect every Merc out there to dig through that entire thread to find something useful about a particular spec. Why is it not ok to ask how to play full Arsenal?

He's not the only person to level a BH to 50. I get that he's done it multiple times, but it only takes once to really have a grasp on the class. There are other people here capable of giving sound advice about how to play a Mercenary.

The OP is strictly focused on his hybrid build. I just read it again to make sure. To get any information about how to play an Arsenal BH, you'd have to read the entire thread to dig out the answers you are looking for. Meanwhile, both the topic linked earlier on another forum and numerous other threads address the question asked in this topic both more in-depth and without all the digging through so many pages to find.

I'm not denying it's a great thread, but it's really focused on the hybrid build and how to play it. It's not feasible to expect every Merc out there to dig through that entire thread to find something useful about a particular spec. Why is it not ok to ask how to play full Arsenal?

He's not the only person to level a BH to 50. I get that he's done it multiple times, but it only takes once to really have a grasp on the class. There are other people here capable of giving sound advice about how to play a Mercenary.

Since I've been following and posting in that thread since before the wipe, I can tell you it's not solely focused on his hybrid build. He will answer any questions people have in the thread and I've definitely contributed to people's questions as well. There's a reason it's one of the only sticky-ed threads here. And if someone has a question, they don't need to search through the pages to find an answer, they can just post their question.

Edited by bobafetea

Since I've been following and posting in that thread since before the wipe, I can tell you it's not solely focused on his hybrid build. He will answer any questions people have in the thread and I've definitely contributed to people's questions as well. There's a reason it's one of the only sticky-ed threads here. And if someone has a question, they don't need to search through the pages to find an answer, they can just post their question.

I said the OP is strictly focused on his hybrid build. OP means original post. Go read the first post in that thread. It is strictly focused on his hybrid build. To find any answers to questions about any other spec, you'd have to search through the entire thread or post in the thread and ask. I understand that he is likely capable of answering others' questions. I'm simply trying to point out to you how silly it is to expect people to confine every question they ever have about the Mercenary class to a single thread. That defeats the purpose of a forum. If that were the expectation, you wouldn't even be allowed to create threads. They would just make one thread per advanced class and call it a day. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people creating new topics to ask questions about the Mercenary class. They needn't all refer to the one sticky thread in that forum.

Quick question: Is there any benefit to using explosive dart in your rotation if your arsenal spec, or are you better off just not bothering?

For soloing elites (i like to use gault) i generally open with explosive dart as he firsts attack, thens traight to a rotation.

But no, in a level capped boss fight. no point. There isnt any room.

I'm the same level as you and this is my rotation

Tracer Missile x5 to add buff

then use Rail Shot and Unload each time they cooldown

Power Shot while Unload and Rail Shot is on cooldown

Be sure to use TM every time it is about to wear off

As soon as you get Light Em Up, you can use Tracer Missile 3 times instead

As soon as you get Tracer Lock

TMx3 Unload TMx2 Rail Shot

When you finally get HM

Your rotation should be

Thank you for posting this, very useful. Its nice to see the progression of how the rotation changes as we level up.

Also too, what I've noticed and started to throw in with a lot of the mobs that have that are multiple I jump them with a nice big AoE and throw Explosive Dart on the one in the middle. Brings the group down to a nice health range where you can pew pew them down easily.

Oh! And if you're using Mako as a companion, I've hot key'd her tazer gun to help with controlling a group that's a bit harder :) Use your stuns they help specially when trying to get some range between you and a higher level mob.