"Fixed an issue causing incorrect access to Weekend Pass players"

Doghealer

Evidently, I was mistaken in the applied change, and my argument below has been rendered moot. I withdraw it, though keep it documented below for reference.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

That we had a two-hour maintenance in the middle of the day...

During Spring Break...

To apply a patch...

That concerned people...

That haven't even bought the damn game yet?

Bioware, I am disappoint. -5 awesome points. Granted, you still have a few thousand in your favor, but every one counts...

Edited by Doghealer

• Dev Post
Please do note that in our messages on the forums, we indicated that this downtime was necessary to ensure a good experience for all players on the game servers during this weekend. We do not bring the servers down unless it is necessary, and but we did need to in this instance. We're sorry for any inconvenience, and did bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

During Spring Break...

I stopped reading here. When you get some real problems this won't seem so important to you.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

During Spring Break...

To apply a patch...

That concerned people...

Bioware, I am disappoint. -5 awesome points. Granted, you still have a few thousand in your favor, but every one counts...

Get Laid. It's 2 hour, did you go blind? Did your heart stop? ARE YOU DEAD? No, because if you did go through any of those stages then you wouldn't have made this dumb thread.

In the end IF this Weekend Pass thing works than hopefully, we'll have more population in our servers. Whats a couple cents out of your $15 a month matter, as long as it goes to improving the game right?

Get Laid. It's 2 hour, did you go blind? Did your heart stop? ARE YOU DEAD? No, because if you did go through any of those stages then you wouldn't have made this dumb thread.

In the end IF this Weekend Pass thing works than hopefully, we'll have more population in our servers. Whats a couple cents out of your $15 a month matter, as long as it goes to improving the game right?

Did I complain about going blind, having my heart stop, or being dead? No. I fail to see why you brought it up.

It's just business practice 101: Never kick your loyal and paying customers in the pants in order to impress non-loyal and non-paying customers.

If companies were only concerned with the people who had already bought their product then they would never grow. It's. Not. All. About. You.

Minus 2 for the thread, +1 for the sig.

Edited by Kabaal

@OP

It was a poor choice of time but it's hardly the end of the world.

Of course, you're not really freaking out about it, so you don't really deserve to be bashed on by irritated fans who are tired of dealing with overreacting idiots.

@Irritated fans

Lets try to focus our anger on the fools who deserve it eh?

Edited by TheGreatEski

Did I complain about going blind, having my heart stop, or being dead? No. I fail to see why you brought it up.

It's just business practice 101: Never kick your loyal and paying customers in the pants in order to impress non-loyal and non-paying customers.

You can talk about business practices when you've worked at a major corporation for a few years, but you'll have to get out of college first.

As usual, an entitlement-addled forum poster has no idea what he's talking about. At all.

Go get a second hobby.

Their efforts are directed at bringing in new players. This is an effort to help fill up the existing servers so that players will stop complaining so much about dead servers! Stop and think about what they are doing because it will benefit us all in the end with a larger player base.

Please do note that in our messages on the forums, we indicated that this downtime was necessary to ensure a good experience for all players on the game servers during this weekend. We do not bring the servers down unless it is necessary, and but we did need to in this instance. We're sorry for any inconvenience, and did bring the servers back up as quickly as possible.

Please quit apologizing to the trolls. It provides them with just enough fuel to keep their sense of entitlement.

If it's in the middle of his playing window then yeah i'd be annoyed. It's like going to watch a movie, seeing its sold out and having to settle for some crap Sandra Bullock movie. I'd be pissed too

I kinda wish they did kick you in the pants right now. At least then you'd have a real gripe.

Edited by Holden_Dissent

Of course, you're not really freaking out about it, so you don't really deserve to be bashed on by irritated fans who are tired of dealing with overreacting idiots.

"Freaking out" isn't the issue. The complaint itself is stupid and childish. Stuff happens that requires emergency maintenance. Suck it up.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

So you're telling me...

During Spring Break...

To apply a patch...

That concerned people...

Trust me from what I know, this change was to benefit everyone. If it was to change what I think, giving free to make accounts the ability to initiate whispers would be open field day for gold sellers and spammers. Which they initially could do apparently.

If companies were only concerned with the people who had already bought their product then they would never grow. It's. Not. All. About. You.

Never said it was all about me. I fully support things intended to make the community grow. I just don't think it should be at the expense of the people already here.

Also, at the haters: I'm not crying as much as you think I was. If I had caps lock on, then maybe your complaints would be a little more justified.

Trust me from what I know, this change was to benefit everyone. If it was to change what I think, giving free to make accounts the ability to initiate whispers would be open field day for gold sellers and spammers. Which they initially could do apparently.

Hold on, this was the change?

I withdraw my original argument. Patch well-deployed. +10 awesome points for Bioware: +5 to refund my original -5, and +5 for crisis averted.

Never said it was all about me. I fully support things intended to make the community grow. I just don't think it should be at the expense of the people already here.

How much does 2 hours of a 15 dollar sub cost for you? If you play 20 hours a week, then it's less than couch change.

I withdraw my original argument. Patch well-deployed. +10 awesome points for Bioware: +5 to refund my original -5, and +5 for crisis averted.

It's a patch that didn't apply to you, therefore it's not important.

Edited by JustTed

Hey I'm a paying customer too, but at least I'm smart enough to know that maintenance is required.

I can afford 2 hours gone for a better gaming experience. Apparently, you can't.

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong, I applaud you sir.

It's a patch that didn't apply to you, therefore it's not important.

You're reading too far into it.

I don't remember any patch since I started playing having any significant effect on me, yet I accepted them as necessary and important changes.

Lemme make this totally clear: I. AM. NOT. THE. CENTER. OF. THE. WORLD.

Happy?