Force Barrier

sirullrich

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't die, but you don't do anything to affect the enemy team and that is OP?

Oh, ok...

Yeah I heal and if I don't die and people are attacking me it still helps my team. If they change targets then I can escape heal myself then heal my team again or if they wait for it to be done then my team kills them. For a healer it is just toooo strong. Believe me.

It is probably the most OP skill in the game. I can't get attacked or cc'd, but my team can still heal me. LOL it is just to fun to use BARRIER and see 3 guys trying to kill me for 10 seconds. HAHA

It's marginally better than a new emote in my opinion.

The other way to become immune for ~10 seconds and contribute absolutely nothing to your team is die + re-spawn.

/agree

please remove this skill. or give it to snipers, they lack defense skills.

Your trolling right?

The only reason barrier is op is because you can be healed while channeling

I had so many wz yesterday where the dps would go to focus burn the heals then poof force barrier and the other spec would heal the barrier guy back up to 100% and of course if we switched to focus the other one he would do the same

Please just make barrier give 100% healing debuff

Unfortunately, most of the healers I've run into don't utilize the skill to its full potential, making it very not OP. They wait until they are like 5% hp and then pop it, so I wait...wait...it goes away... assassinate. Lol, dead.

I agree, though. In the hands of a good team, that ability is pretty crazy. I wouldn't remove it, but maybe just give a healing debuff of some sort.

When i first read about this skill i just laughed, the main reason why this skill is beyond OP is it doesn't have any real weakness. You can't stun them, interrupt it, and they can be healed while in it, not to mention they get 10 seconds of full immunity to everything while using this ability. I wonder if people will complain about Guarded By The Force now LOL.

The only overpowered thing about the ability is the duration of it drop it to 3-5 seconds or make a way to interrupt it 10 seconds is too long for an immunity on any game especially since you can be healed back to full while in it

Make the Sorc/Sage immune to incoming healing...they're immune to everything else.

Make the Sorc/Sage immune to incoming healing...they're immune to everything else.

Self heals only would make sense. So it would have a utility but it wouldn't be a second life flat out only problem is it wouldn't work on Lightening what about making it a force regen as well if you're thinking about gimping it a bit? And have a talent in lightening only for external sources seen as its the only one that cannot heal in bubble due to casts and no healing dots.

Yeah but if you couldn't get healed then you'd have to be able to perform actions yourself, which defeats the purpose of this ability.

It's already a self stun, and two dps trees have no self heals they can pre cast -- so some of you guys think that it would be a good idea that dps sages just stand there for 10 sec, cannot do anything, and cannot even get healed? Get out of it and get insta killed?

Why not just remove it altogether then and put in a real cooldown?

Yeah after using Force Barrier I love to just sit back and look at all the dead bodies that have piled up from me using this OP ability. :confused:

I love that it attracts everyone to me tho waiting for it to finish casting to demolish me lol. I had 2 Juggs and a Sorc waiting to finish me off after using this in a match. Funny stuff to watch. Not fun dying after it tho

Its nice how as a knight/warrior you have this non lethal thing that allows you to build focus so you can lolsmash/master strike/etc... even more. Lets not forget that as far as i have noticed you can still build up explosives on a 'bubbled' sage/sorc, meaning that if timed right exiting makes em explode.

Its a 10 second 'respite' of dying, just as the 8 second aoe stuns are.

In a pug situation barrier doesn't do much but with coordinated teams particularly with multiple sorc healers its like giving them double hp as you can focus em to almost zero then they barrier get healed to full again

Had a wz with two heal sorcs they both did ^ add that to just plain spider healing and their TTK was well off the charts

They where living so long that they couldave solo held a door long enough for a jugg with a permanent electronet to walk all the way over from the other side

Looks like ranked teams are going to be using double sorc healers

Edited by Zoom_VI

Yeah after using Force Barrier I love to just sit back and look at all the dead bodies that have piled up from me using this OP ability. :confused:

I love that it attracts everyone to me tho waiting for it to finish casting to demolish me lol. I had 2 Juggs and a Sorc waiting to finish me off after using this in a match. Funny stuff to watch. Not fun dying after it tho

Haha ya, had a couple people on me and popped the bubble. They just stood there waiting doing nothing until the 10 seconds ran out. The best part is when I get away still by force speeding after stunning one of them and knockback other.

In a pug situation barrier doesn't do much but with coordinated teams particularly with multiple sorc healers its like giving them double hp as you can focus em to almost zero then they barrier get healed to full again

Had a wz with two heal sorcs they both did ^ add that to just plain spider healing and their TTK was well off the charts

They where living so long that they couldave solo held a door long enough for a jugg with a permanent electronet to walk all the way over from the other side

Looks like ranked teams are going to be using double sorc healers

Marauder

-Undying rage

-Force camo

Two skills that give double HP according to you and you complain about one ability a Sage has.

Marauder

-Undying rage

-Force camo

Two skills that give double HP according to you and you complain about one ability a Sage has.

Lets discuss these 2 abilities weaknesses.

Force Camo

- Ends when you attack

- Only lasts 4 seconds

- Doesn't make you immune to virtually everything.

Undying Rage

- Spends 50% of HP, last resort ability

- Can be stunned

- Doesn't last 10 seconds lmao

- Doesn't make you immune to virtually everything

I actually thought it was one of the weaker new abilities. When the sorc puts up the barrier I switch targets and kill the squishies that he's no longer healing, then kill the sorc when the barrier goes down because he no longer has support. To me it's counter productive to stop healing for 10 seconds unless they need to stall for whatever reason.