Solo Ranked on The Bastion and my personal thoughts

MrJoo

Hi. I am BOSS gm Jooling, Joov, Joobo.

It is nice to be back on server forum to share my thoughts on our server's solo ranked games.

Firstly, SoloQ pops are nice recently. We should keep it this way so that people who went to PoT5 for soloQ come back. I'd like to thank those who make effort to make pops happen.

However, some people should get a bit more ready before they do competitive pvp.

26-28k health players do not suit to be competing in soloQ just yet.

Number of health does not indicate individual skill level, but it gives a huge disadvantage to the other 3 on your team.

Also, I really hope to see more 'team based' players on soloQ. I wonder why so many good players avoid to queue.

SoloQ is like regular warzone, pugs mingling in a smaller map with less people. The win ratio and rating is directly related to your individual ability to improvise, take control and win the game.

There's no queue sync in soloQ, so if you think soloQ is based on luck, you are already going downhill.

Maybe you guys have something to say about the bastion-soloQ or my thoughts.

if you think soloQ is based on luck, you are already going downhill.

Umm i speak for a majority of other players when I say this, I do like to think its based on luck no...It IS based on luck depending which team gets the artards and nobody's against a team who has the players who have know how what they are doing, have ranked experience and yes most importantly have 30khp+, because a majority of the games turn out this way and if you're sitting there telling me you have a chance of winning with Fessonia on your team...you are sadly mistaken

Umm i speak for a majority of other players when I say this, I do like to think its based on luck no...It IS based on luck depending which team gets the artards and nobody's against a team who has the players who have know how what they are doing, have ranked experience and yes most importantly have 30khp+, because a majority of the games turn out this way and if you're sitting there telling me you have a chance of winning with Fessonia on your team...you are sadly mistaken

Everyone gets Fessonia close to the same amount of time. A rating after 5 games played is mostly based on luck. A rating after 200 games played is very little to do with luck. The past few nights the team who got bangers, joov, or me would most likely win. So there is a flip side to the Fessonia argument. If getting Fessonia on your team increases the chance of a loss...getting the best players on your team increases the chance of winning. Not because they are lucky. Because they are the most skilled. And their ratings reflect this.

. So there is a flip side to the Fessonia argument. If getting Fessonia on your team increases the chance of a loss...getting the best players on your team increases the chance of winning. Not because they are lucky. Because they are the most skilled. And their ratings reflect this.

The solo q community is so small players can separate the goods from the bads and the players/teams that can do that immediately know how to focus the enemy team down and are 'lucky' enough not have that player on their team leaving the other team at a disadvantage.. i can obviously agree that the team with skilled players has a higher chance of winning but these are arenas we are talking about and it requires teamwork to win a game having some people clueless about this in ranked dynamics leaving the disadvantage of ******* > advantage of skilled players on a team, no?

Here's your proof that solo queue rating is where the skill is at

Fessonia isnt bad. Fessonia has just been very unlucky.......

If getting Fessonia on your team is unlucky then getting good players on your team is lucky right?

It sure is some coincidence that basically all of these good players have been so "lucky" to have a high rating.

You would think that maybe one of these good players would have gotten unlucky and have a low rating. But nope. Skill = luck in swtor solo ranked. The matchmaking detects it I guess.

Any good player who plays alot of solo ranked will have a high rating. Any bad player who plays alot will have a low rating. And the average players will have average ratings as their teammates will usually determine whether they win or lose and they will get the "good team" apporx. half the time and the "bad team" approx half the time.

The solo q community is so small players can separate the goods from the bads and the players/teams that can do that immediately know how to focus the enemy team down and are 'lucky' enough not have that player on their team leaving the other team at a disadvantage.. i can obviously agree that the team with skilled players has a higher chance of winning but these are arenas we are talking about and it requires teamwork to win a game having some people clueless about this in ranked dynamics leaving the disadvantage of ******* > advantage of skilled players on a team, no?

Here's your proof that solo queue rating is where the skill is at

Agony I appreciate for support but lest get real a little bit bastion is dead solo u see the same bads where good pvpers losing rating or in that matter FUN!

On side note this link u ppst its not my real rating im almost 1700 group and 2k+ solo BW just have hard time fix leaderboards for me cus of some many trasfers i had if u look going to like 4-5 ironhides there only real rating have my vg.

But in reality help me out out here if im not right bastion teams are at the most part boss and do not panic with some midian and its good teams. Here is reality how boring to playing between each other... the same comp... the same people... and even that half of the week neither solo or 4s NOT poping... personally I got tired of that Pot5 game what i was missing...

And I know what some of u will say pubs on pot5 are terrible my vg is almost 1900 solo rationg i do not think sp they are that bad...

Bottom line bastion was fun.... And its over... was over for like almost 2 month... pot5 its just way to go right now

1. If u don't care, u don't respond.

2. no, i don't need you to and i would say it anyway.

3. when the duel ranked is here, I'll beat u in daily basis :D

1) No ones cares what you have to say

2) Did I say you could talk?

3) Duel Ranked? Don't make me laugh I never had to use Cooldowns against you when we did our 1v1's

Agony I appreciate for support but lest get real a little bit bastion is dead solo u see the same bads where good pvpers losing rating or in that matter FUN!

On side note this link u ppst its not my real rating im almost 1700 group and 2k+ solo BW just have hard time fix leaderboards for me cus of some many trasfers i had if u look going to like 4-5 ironhides there only real rating have my vg.

But in reality help me out out here if im not right bastion teams are at the most part boss and do not panic with some midian and its good teams. Here is reality how boring to playing between each other... the same comp... the same people... and even that half of the week neither solo or 4s NOT poping... personally I got tired of that Pot5 game what i was missing...

And I know what some of u will say pubs on pot5 are terrible my vg is almost 1900 solo rationg i do not think sp they are that bad...

Bottom line bastion was fun.... And its over... was over for like almost 2 month... pot5 its just way to go right now

I'd rather go tofn..have fun on pot5 bud.

Bastion is just fine...

On side note this link u ppst its not my real rating im almost 1700 group and 2k+ solo BW just have hard time fix leaderboards for me cus of some many trasfers i had if u look going to like 4-5 ironhides there only real rating have my vg. /QUOTE]

Ironhide, Ironhide. This post is about soloQ status on the bastion. Not where you talk about your new server and new friends after you left the server. However there are two major things you lack: Honor and Dignity. It is true that POT 5 currently has better pop ratio, but what does that change? Why is that such a huge matter? Rather, why are you trying so hard to convince that the bastion is dead? Its not dead bro. Its at a stage where its reviving.

Lets talk about rating. (Only because you love talking about it) Your pt rating is 1860 or so, team rating is just below 1700. Thats amazing.

You are doing great in pot5. After I came back, my assassin solo went from 1100-1830, my juggernaut team rating went from nothing to 1713. Considering you played about 500 more matches than my assassin while having same rating, makes me smile that I made the right decision not to transfer. :D

Dont try so hard to convince ppl that the bastion is dead.

Its you, who 'died' on the bastion. Good luck with pops!

Edited by MrJoo

Once the reward for Season 1 is announced, pops will easily happen.

First arena season reward will be something so astonishing and so unique. Nobody else will be able to get with credits or cartel. It will be the ultimate reward for the true PvPers of SWTOR.

Until that day!

Once the reward for Season 1 is announced, pops will easily happen.

First arena season reward will be something so astonishing and so unique. Nobody else will be able to get with credits or cartel. It will be the ultimate reward for the true PvPers of SWTOR.

Until that day!

what if it's a pet?

I'd like to get a few more ranked games going which would require me to go to pot5 since most if not all my toons are pub. I just can't stand the amount of bad pubs on that server with literally only a handful of good players that actually know what to do in regs let alone ranked games Edited by Rilok_Singz

I have no personal incentive or bias towards pot5, and most people know I'm originally from Bastion, but pot5 is the more populated server and I think it'd be great if the two communities merged onto one server.

That would mean going from around 200 ms to about 340 ms for many Australian players such as myself, 200 is manageable but 300+ is unplayable.

I'd like to get a few more ranked games going which would require me to go to pot5 since most if not all my toons are pub. I just can't stand the amount of bad pubs on that server with literally only a handful of good players that actually know what to do in regs let alone ranked games

It's actually gotten a lot better recently, with more/better pubs queuing. There's still plenty of bad pubs, but there's plenty bad imps too. Even seen some a couple pub v pub matches in the last few days.

That would mean going from around 200 ms to about 340 ms for many Australian players such as myself, 200 is manageable but 300+ is unplayable.

I don't have a screenshot to show you because my computer has been out of commission for a week now, but oh man... you should see the server lag I have to deal with in EST of the Americas... notgoodman.

Keep soloranks popping, BOSS, I'll be back soon!

Merging Pot5/Bastion is the only feasible thing to do to shut up about .3% of the people who complain on the forums about pvp, since cross server won't happen. LET'S MAKE THIS ABOUT CROSS SERVER NOW.

------

Soloranked has always been about luck. It's about your luck, and your teammates' luck to be paired up with you. You are the only common factor in your victories and losses. If you get **** players, that sucks. If you get good ones, that's cool. Either way, you can be the determining factor of whether or not the baddies can fit in your backpack, or if you are the weaker link to your good teammates and cost the match. Fight your luck with your skill, and don't assume your team determines whether you gain or lose 10 rating.