Lord Draahg *Spoilers*

dorkvid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put a beat down on Cyber-Draahg with my Anni Marauder and Jaesa as the companion. Didn't have much trouble with it tbh. My Marauder was 48 at the time and had Annihilate. Maybe it was easier for him because of that. *shrugs* Edited by DarthOvertone

As an Immortal Jugg, tried a few times with Jaesa as my companion, she did not help me much as she dropped pretty quick everytime. Switch to Quinn and beat Draahg by kiting, cooldowns, and Quinn's healing. It was a long fight but not too difficult.

• 5 weeks later...
I admit, I had problems with the cyber version as immortal, but as Vengeance, he was so easy. Same with Baras.

Well I finally beat Draahg using the slash and run technique, letting Quinn heal me. I have to say this fight was WAY harder than Baras. Maybe because I was level 50, dunno, but Baras seemed really easy.

Draagh was the second toughest fight in the game, the toughest for me has been the Admiral on Illum that takes away your healing ability.

Once I got the set of PVP armor he didn't boot stomp me like he did before, and I learned to avoid the hard to see circle of death and kept letting Quinn recharge me I was fine. I beat him with half of my strength left. It was funny because I was so reliant on force choke and force push and he was immune to both of those in his cyborg form. It came down to using my force charge and the atomic elbow and then running to get healed.

Baras was a bit of a dissapointment, as long as you saw his voice of the Emperor coming he wasn't a hard fight compared to his apprentice.

In my mind though it was kind of poetic, Baras was really more of a politician then he was a force fighter

Finally beat the git after much dieing.

I played an Immortal Jugganuat coz I just wanted to go toe to toe and whale on people with a sabre.

Seems like you can't do that in this game, or at least for this boss, which is kinda fair I spose.

There was a similar hard boss in the Jedi Shadow/Sage storyline who you needed to interrupt and LoS and so forth. It seems reasonable to me to have one in each storyline where as someone pointed out before you need to learn to play to beat them.

Still I can understand the frustration of many of the posters here, it's never fun to have to keep repeating the same content, nor is it fun to learn by dying.

As a newb to this kind of game it would be nice to see some of the tactics mentioned here, the interrupts and the kiting and the keeping the enemy away from your companion and (well not in this case but in others) the Line of Sighting, which means moving out of the line of sight of the enemy when his big damage dealer is casting, for those who didn't know, taught in game somehow.

But I spose reading it on the forums is almost as good.

Have fun

Honestly, I did not know the fight was so hard. Pretty much one-shotted it, but that is with 300+ Presence. I recommend gearing your companion and sending him/her in first. Blow your cooldowns immediately, especially your heroic moments and unity if you have it. I actually blew him a new one. He didn't even get me down to half-health at any point through each phase.

The toughest fight I encountered so far was in the Bounty Hunter story-line where you have to fight those dudes that heal each-other. That was extremely hard. Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

I have to wonder if he's been nerffed for the first big fight against him in that air lock. Cause...I'm a first time player and my Marauder was only lvl 46 and not in any kind of PvP gear at all, only gear I bought off the GTN and commendation bought armoring. Vette was only in lvl appropriate green gear, I'm speced as Carnage. And I beat him on my first try, no running around at all.

>_>

I feel like I was cheated, never got below 40% health and popped a medpac about then (had popped all my cool downs sans Heroic Moment at the start of the fight, never did interrupt) and then he was down.

I'm either really lucky or...Idk. I just bashed the **** out of him and he's now affected by force choke cause I got him into the air quite a few times and Vette would shoot the bejeesus out of him while I was doing so.

edit: Or is this for a different mission? I just spoiled myself and oh well, but....is this the fight against him after Hoth? Or later? O_o I am confused by some comments here. I see normal Draagh mentioned and then Cyber!Draagh.

Edited by Tattari

• 4 months later...
I was kiting him with some success, but still getting killed. I was about to go at it again when I saw two people complaining that they were having a hard time beating the boss on their last quest. Then I grouped with another warrior who was also having a hard time and we kicked his ***. Who said you had to fight fair? :rak_04:

I didn't have as much trouble with him as I expected from the testimonials here, but I think I kindasorta cheated.

I'm an Immortal Juggernaut, lvl 50.

See, I had already gotten my full Tionese gear for hitting level 50, and done a few Flashpoints and gotten a couple of pieces of Columni, as well as a couple of pieces of Tionese for Jaesa.

First fight I lost (Barely) getting the mechanics down. Second fight I was ready, popped Heroic Moment at the start, and me and Jaesa pretty much curbstomped him. Jaesa went down near the end due to not being smart enough to stay out of his death circle, but aside from that he wasn't too hard.

Though maybe they just nerfed him recently. I'm hardly a ****** at this sort of thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Staying out of the lightning AND interrupting his Ravage makes the fight a joke... Those two abilities are like 80% of his dmg.

This. I tried it several times, and nothing helped until I stayed out of the lighting, and either interrupted or ran away from his ravage. Malavai helped me through the ravages I couldn't interrupt. Also, I interrupted him when he tried to force choke malavai which helps also.

At first, he was a challenge to me, but at the time, I had some1 assist me in killing him. He's such a pain, he was just too hard for me at the time. If i could repeat it, he'd be dead in seconds. Edited by JasonThDi

This. I tried it several times, and nothing helped until I stayed out of the lighting, and either interrupted or ran away from his ravage. Malavai helped me through the ravages I couldn't interrupt. Also, I interrupted him when he tried to force choke malavai which helps also.

I did this fight last night on my Juggernaut. I did the same as you: move around a bit, interrupt as needed. I don't think he took me below 50% health. My only real complaint about the fight is the "beat him down 3 times" mechanic; I'm just not a fan of fights set up that way.

My only real complaint about the fight is the "beat him down 3 times" mechanic; I'm just not a fan of fights set up that way.

Yes, I also don't understand why they didn't just increase his HP to 300% and then show a cutscene every 1/3... would have worked rather well in that encounter, I think.

• 1 month later...