Best Dps Class

AlexanderFett

Can I call em or what?

On a serious note .. if you want good defense and DPS, you might look at playing a class that includes tank and DPS trees.

A Sith Jug or a BountyHunter Powertech for example.

You can always go for a hybrid ballance between DPS and tank skills.

Classes like the merc may wear heavy armor, but with no tank skills it really means nothing.

Edited by Voranis

Merc's can actually be the best dpsers of all allong with Commando's.

But one should just check the top dps list afther each match and there is the answer, you often find either a Mara/Sent there or a Sniper/Gunslinger or ofcourse a Merc/Commando, at least those are the most commen ones i get.

Marksman sniper, you hit really big damage. Pure DPS, your opponents' HP will melt real fast. People talk about pyrotech powertechs and annihilation marauders clocking big numbers, but for me, I think sniper is best. I've tried both powertech and marauder in the past, and although I did decent DPS with them, I never got as big numbers as I do with sniper. Just like I tried scoundrel and merc healing, but never got as big numbers as I do with a sorcerer. So when I want to do some serious DPS, I go on my sniper, and when I want to do some serious healing I go on my sorc. And when I want to have fun and mess with opponents I go on my scoundrel. :D

But try sniper, it's fun too and you get to wear the snazzy Imperial uniform.

Plus, since there's an average of 2 concealment ops /scrapper scoundrels per server, you won't get jumped too often as a marksman sniper. Because those guys usually eat you alive as MM if they're not pants-on-head retarded, but yeah, there's not too many around.