Scoundrel

adavismkg

Fot solo pve, just main story how is playong a scoundrel is it hard to play for pve? Also what spec is best for a solo pve scoundrel for main story? Also what class plays better with the wookie the scoundrel or slinger?

Fot solo pve, just main story how is playong a scoundrel is it hard to play for pve? Also what spec is best for a solo pve scoundrel for main story? Also what class plays better with the wookie the scoundrel or slinger?

I had a 45 scoundrel a long time ago that i deleted and made a gunslinger (the one in my sig right now).

Scoundrels aren't hard to PvE, it's quite easy since you can go stealth and avoid most of the mobs (and sometimes most of the bonus mobs group kills and stages -- that's why every time i enter a new area, i kill the 1st group of mobs i find to check for bonus quests).

Also u can heal urself and ur companion as well as "giving away" punches and kicks to take down mobs like there was no tomorrow! :D

I chose the gunslinger because i like to dual wield pistols but i'm seriously thinking about rerolling as scoundrel, the "problem" is that i'm already working in a commando (healer for the guild), a sniper and an operative (that i made to play along with a friend), so inserting a new toon in this "mess" wouldn't be so good right now.

Anyway... talking about Bowdarr (the wookie) he's a melee tank but to be real for u, not as effective as Corso (ranged tank).

Why? Because since he's face-to-face with mobs, they gather around Bowdarr and strike him all at the same time and with Corso while you attack one enemy u can set him to attack another.

If you don't want to put Corso in trouble sorrounded by mobs, disable his "Illegal jet Pack" and with this he'll shoot from distance, instead of jumping onto the enemies.

• 3 weeks later...

Bowdaar works better for Gunslingers since he is an AOE tank. He grabs aggro on multiple mobs and as a result tends to take more damage and die quicker.

Corso used to be ideal for scoundrels since they could stealth up to a group, tranquilize one then use Corso's harpoon shot to pull the mob toward the scoundrel and put them in perfect position for backblast. Gunslingers kept whining that he pulled them out of cover so they took harpoon shot away from Corso and largely broke his utility as a tank for scoundrels.

Bottom line is Bowdaar is a better tank, he holds aggro far better than Corso but as a result tends to die faster. However, Bowdaar will almost always die before the smuggler... that isn't true with Corso.

Edited by Quilland