still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

babyboom

although you said that we can now RE orange gear... you are mistaken again...

yes i can RE war hero orange gear... BUT

i cant RE any other orange crafted gear...

for example i have chanlon onslaught chestguard that i was trying to crit for augment... now i cant RE failed ones

so please fix that

or fix patch notes to say that it only works for war hero gear

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fix most likely works only for armor. And possibly only for NEW 1.2 armor at that.

Because before you could work around this by putting an Armoring into orange armor to allow it to be RE'd. But this didn't work for weapons (even with a Hilt inside it would be un-RE'able). So most likely they coded it so you didn't need the Armoring/Hilt anymore, but forgot to test if this fixed weapons also, which obviously it didn't.

Edited by Rhaphael

This fix most likely works only for armor. And possibly only for NEW 1.2 armor at that.

Because before you could work around this by putting an Armoring into orange armor to allow it to be RE'd. But this didn't work for weapons (even with a Hilt inside it would be un-RE'able). So most likely they coded it so you didn't need the Armoring/Hilt anymore, but forgot to test if this fixed weapons also, which obviously it didn't.

it doesnt even work for armors m8

only war hero orange gear

any other armor... nop

Babyboom is 100% correct. Only post 1.2 armor can be RE'd for mats. That would be War Hero and Campaign only.

Bioware: Why are there 2 sets of programming code for armor sets, and RE'ing? This is infuriating. ALL armor/weapons should be RE'd for mats. ALL armor should carry armor set bonuses to any other orange mod-able armor. Most of us will not get War Hero/Campaign Gear to earn the perk of transferring armor set bonuses. Until then, we are still going to see clones at end game 50.

Babyboom is 100% correct. Only post 1.2 armor can be RE'd for mats. That would be War Hero and Campaign only.

Bioware: Why are there 2 sets of programming code for armor sets, and RE'ing? This is infuriating. ALL armor/weapons should be RE'd for mats. ALL armor should carry armor set bonuses to any other orange mod-able armor. Most of us will not get War Hero/Campaign Gear to earn the perk of transferring armor set bonuses. Until then, we are still going to see clones at end game 50.

I'm sorry he is NOT correct.

Last night before I logged off I queued up 5 pieces of BM gear. This morning, I was able to RE 4 of the 5 (1 was crit) without having any mods in them.

It appears that only new oranges made after today's patch are able to be RE. Anything before that is still not working. That said, it shouldn't matter when it was crafted, it should be RE-able.

I just tested the RE of war hero gear that was made last week and it worked just fine. So, when it was made does not seem to matter. I am 100% sure of that.

As others have stated, having the ability to RE any orange item would be what I am ideally hoping we get in the future. As a serious crafter, I am flooded with basically useless orange items that I cannot sell on the GTN and vendoring them seems to be a waste as well.

Edited by Spacekasekat

So can someone explain what they changed? Or what their intention was?

Are they trying to make all orange drops RE-able?

I wonder the same thing, I thought this was suposed to let us RE instance drops. Which You can do if you take the mods out of them but they say "No Research Available" so what exactly was the point of this?

Also, since absolutely everything is Bind on Pickup without any means of trading to your brother or sister or w/e through the legacy - most of the items (1.2) gear that I will pick up, will be on my main who is a biochem.

So that means, very rarely will i get a chance to attempt at RE campaign gear, since i cannot send this stuff do my damn alts.

Annoying

"Custom (orange) moddable items that have no modifications installed can now be reverse engineered."

Honestly, why hasn't it been implemented to RE any crafted orange? we are stuck with gear that wont sell on the GTM because there is to much of it, and we are out the mats we could use to craft things that will sell. Please fix this issue, and please make posts like the one I quoted from the patch notes be explicit if they are not pertaining to all things in a category.

This is plain silly. The chance to crit is so low, that I burn through mats at an alarming rate. Then, I can't break down the items to get mats back. I can attempt to sell them on the market (HA!, everyone wants augmented stuff) dirt cheap and hope, or just bite the bullet and vendor it. Here's what I don't get. If Pre 1.2 gear can be coded such that it crits with an augment slot(if I'm not mistaken, you couldn't augment an orange item), why couldn't it be coded such that it can be broken down like the post 1.2 gear?

"Custom-build double bladed saber" has the tooltip 'no research available,' which makes sense since I know the pattern, and also "right click to reverse engineer." But it still fails, gives the red floaty text "This item cannot be reversed engineered."

Considering the amount of mats wasted on this nonsense so far, I'm glad I tried this experiment with the level 20 versions. At these crit rates and still no RE possible, the mats cost of generating an augmented level 50 saber would be laughable.

On that note, WHY are there level 20 and level 50 versions of the same item..? If all you care about is the aug slot, the level 20 is fine, and neither hilt design really stands out, so why the 50?

Ive come to the conclusion that this is either by design just so people burn through materials faster or there's multiple developers working on the orange item system who aren't communicating with one another. More likely the latter, the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Just tested this out by crafting a low level piece of light armor, dark acolyte lower robes. Three minutes later I see the same great old message pop up: "This item cannot be reverse engineered"

I just shook my head and turned the game off. :jawa_mad:

I've made a 15 sets of Hooligan armour (helmet, chest and leggings) today. Not only can I not reverse engineer any of them, contrary to todays patch note, not a single one critted to give me an augmented piece. Considering I supposedly have around 27% crit chance with that pattern it seems a bit wiggy.

The problem is that Bioware is being very vague in their patch notes. They aren't clearly detailing which sets of custom items can be reverse-engineered. Many people took the patch notes the wrong way because of this.

On another topic, I think we all agree that Bioware should make all custom gear reverse-engineer'able. I have a hunch that Bioware will hold onto this feature for 1.3 or 1.4 since it will be a great addition to the game.