Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
My raid healing frame wont pop up, I can turn it on and off in the drop down menu but it doesnt appear anywhere on my screens.

1) make sure you are running swtor in fullscreen windowed mode.

2) its possible that you some how placed the popup offscreen - to reset it you must reset that characters settings. Go to file > settings > character settings, select the character and click reset settings.

My ops group has been getting frequent disconnects from the raid connectivity service.

Anyone else?

Any log I can email?

There were some server issues yesterday. Looks like they cleared up and i am looking for a root cause.

• 4 weeks later...

You don't add anything. Open it. Create a name and password.

Click on parse or when in a RAID click on RAID button.

Select the pop-outs you want and enjoy.

Want others to join? Give them the name and password. Or join theirs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

But it's no longer updated often, Drew hasn't been on CodePlex in almost three weeks; the inferior Star Parse has already been updated to display the new bosses and phases, while Parsec hasn't even been updated to fix the stuff that broke when 3.0 came out.

I want to continue using Parsec, it's the better program (for the most part), but if it's going to stagnate what can I do.

Edited by DogEyedBoy

Hey all! Just to let you know I am still here and still supporting Parsec. I haven't posted much because there hasn't been much to say :) Parsec has been working great for thousands of people and It hasn't needed an update due to a bug in a long time.

I was holding off on updating the names for the new raids until I have a full list of hard mode, story mode and 8/16 man versions but if the demand is there I can probobly get something out this weekend.

As for bugs introduced in 3.0, I have only had 1 reported. Sage/Sorc bubble stats arent working, but I am sure there are more. I need the community to help identify these things so please report them here or at the parsec codeplex sight.

Oh and with regard to star parse... I guess imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I just hope that if they used any of Parsecs open source code that they abide by the license terms and provide due credit and post their source code.

Edited by Docmal

Oh and with regard to star parse... I guess imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I just hope that if they used any of Parsecs open source code that they abide by the license terms and provide due credit and post their source code.

I think the reason to the creation of Starparse were to have something that were optimized for Nightmare content, providing valuable DPS and HPS information regarding for example, P2 Council, Brontes Burn, Raptus Challanges as well as provide pre-made timers for certian mechanics such as BrontesTeleport, Deathmarks etc. which is vital for Nightmare Progression. Both Parsers are really well made thought and the fact that both are continuously updated is nice and I like that you have alternatives depending on if you are doing something like SM or HM in which Parsec works just as well or Nightmare in which Starparse has a slight edge =)

Hey Docmal,

I want to thank you for your work, my group uses Parsec pretty often and i/we think it's great!

I'd like to request a little feature though, if technically possible:

Lately (i.e. in the new OPs), BW introduced offsets to some of the timed boss mechanics (for example the Emergency shielding of the left Boss in Fight #2 of ToS, which has a period of 60sec starting at 30sec into the fight).

Would it be possible to adjust the parsec timers for that, so that we are able to include the offsets in our custom timers?

Best regards

Tito

I think the reason to the creation of Starparse were to have something that were optimized for Nightmare content, providing valuable DPS and HPS information regarding for example, P2 Council, Brontes Burn, Raptus Challanges as well as provide pre-made timers for certian mechanics such as BrontesTeleport, Deathmarks etc. which is vital for Nightmare Progression. Both Parsers are really well made thought and the fact that both are continuously updated is nice and I like that you have alternatives depending on if you are doing something like SM or HM in which Parsec works just as well or Nightmare in which Starparse has a slight edge =)

The debate and the usefullness of Nightmare mode specific timers aside (i have done all nim content with Parsec and never needed anything more), I think it is pretty clear yhat star parse is VERY similar to Parsec. And although Parsec is open source it is done so with a specific licence agreement that requires credit be given and derivitive applications also be open source.

Star Parse has several features that it'd be nice to see in Parsec; ability uptime, most recently parsed logs, the capacity to look at specific sections of a fight are a few. What I personally dislike about Star Parse is its convoluted interface and combat log viewer. Edited by DogEyedBoy

The debate and the usefullness of Nightmare mode specific timers aside (i have done all nim content with Parsec and never needed anything more), I think it is pretty clear yhat star parse is VERY similar to Parsec. And although Parsec is open source it is done so with a specific licence agreement that requires credit be given and derivitive applications also be open source.

StarParse is written in Java. I think it's pretty safe to say that none of Parsec's code was used.

In any case, I still use Parsec primarily. StarParse is enormously useful for certain things (e.g. the buff/debuff uptime calculations are fantastic for reviewing combat logs after the fact, especially for tanks), and at present it nicely fills the void left by Torparse. I see it as a complementary tool to Parsec, not a replacement.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

For what it is worth, my guild and I use Parsec for raiding. We find it to be very reliable and suitable to our needs, so we probably won't be switching any time soon.

However, I use Starparse after a raid is done to examine the details of when in the fight I took spike damage and how the healers reacted.

The parts of Starparse I find most useful:

- Tracking how much a sorc healer mitigates with their bubble. (I know Parsec will include/fix this soon as well)

- Seeing a graph of DtPS, combined with a graph of when my health dropped lowest.

- The capability to narrow down the combat log and derived stats to a specific time period. This lets me see who did the most healing on me during spike damage, what the uptime on my defensive buffs was during that period, etc. This has been critical to figuring out how the healers in our group need to improve their reaction time, buff uptime etc.

For the record, I'm not mentioning these things to be mean or detract from how good Parsec has been for us. I intend this more as feedback on what features I would find most useful, so that maybe Parsec could begin including the same/similar.

Interesting

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I downloaded the latest beta version on the link you provided and it was 5.8kb. Is it possible to provide a full installer with md5 and sha checksums to verify the integrity of the download? And also a virustotal report (I can submit) referencing the same checksums? While I know many thousands use it, it would provide me with peace of mind prior to installing it. I am not a fan of downloaders that then download additional files. I like to get the entire file & verify checksums prior to running any installer. Thank you!