Your Legacy Begins

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so on the same logic we shouldn't expect this in April then since they never can say one thing and mean it, or I would be foolish as it was pointed out to believe anything they say month or date wise. If Bioware tells you its raining outside you best go check yourself because they could be lieing to you?

Challenge accepted.

Not at all. When they say it's tentative, however, you should take it as tentative.

hhhmmm...... I created my characters on the same server, but when I made them, they had no relation to each other, and I want to keep it that way... but now.... My pure blood sith is related to my human, or twilek? Funky who two humans will have a wookie child. I'm sorry, I don't like forcing all characters on one serve to join the same family tree.... doesn't make sense.

Well in some ways I am in the same boat as you, none of my characters are actually family members, BUT they do not need to be, you can make them allies or even rivals to eachother. So no one is forcing us to make them be blood relatives.

Edited by System_TOR

You just called people idiots for believing when they say somthing is coming out but now since you agree with them that its going to be out in April I would be a idiot not to believe them.

So their release dates truth is only based on forum fan boi's belief of it, not somthing Bioware has done. Check.

I hope it gets release next month, but degrading people and lash out with hate comments is just not good for these forums.

Wasn't this suppose to come out in march? I have three maxed toons now and Im just waiting for this to finally launch. I havn't even logged in any of my toons in about a week or more, just nothing to do.

Following quite a few patches that were broken or just under-tested, they decided to push back the release date and get more feedback on both features and implementation.

This was done as a service to trolls and other forum lowlife, as it makes sure they'll always have something to whine about. If Bioware releases material before its ready, you can whine that they don't test enough. If they hold back material to test it more thoroughly, you can whine they're lying to you about release dates. You should be glad they care enough about your happiness to make sure you have choices.

(PS: It's inevitable that, no matter how long they delay 1.2, when it goes live, there will be bugs, and there will probably be an "emergency patch" within 48 hours of going live to fix particularly egregious crash or exploit bugs. Nothing this complex can be done perfectly within any kind of reasonable timescale (months, as opposed to years). So, you will also have a THIRD gift from BioWare, the chance to write "It's late AND it doesn't work!". Make sure to send them a nice thank-you note. As for me, since I accept that zero bugs is not possible, I'd rather wait an extra month to get the bug count reduced as much as is feasible.)

Where would you start if you were constructing the Skywalker family tree? Let’s start with Anakin. If you ask me, Anakin is a level 50 Sith Warrior anchoring the top of the family tree. He’s married to Padme Amidala and they have two kids, Luke and Leia. Luke and Leia were both strong in the Force, like their father before them. Leia ends up marrying Han Solo, undoubtedly a level 50 Smuggler, and they have three children who all turn out to be Jedi. Luke marries Mara Jade, and they in turn have Ben, who is also a powerful Jedi Knight. Looking at their family tree, it’s clear that the Skywalker legacy produces powerful Force users and great heroes.

This is all well and good, and the Legacy system emulates this well. However. What if I created a Scoundrel named Han Solo, and then wanted a Gunslinger named Landau Calrissian..Oops, guess he has to be Landau Solo.

Why can't this system be created to incorporate assignable Legacy names? That way I could have, for example, a Sith Legacy that's separate from my Jedi Legacy.

This was done as a service to trolls and other forum lowlife, as it makes sure they'll always have something to whine about.

I approve of this statement :)

This is all well and good, and the Legacy system emulates this well. However. What if I created a Scoundrel named Han Solo, and then wanted a Gunslinger named Landau Calrissian..Oops, guess he has to be Landau Solo.

Why can't this system be created to incorporate assignable Legacy names? That way I could have, for example, a Sith Legacy that's separate from my Jedi Legacy.

Thats the part they left out, and we are left with having to hide legacy name on certain characters in order to RP them properly. All my chars have different surnames, I chose the legacy name that was the surname of my main charcter so I can use it on that, but on all others legacy surname is hidden. They make us have to come up with workarounds, getting used to that notion now with Bioware.

Edited by System_TOR

This update sounds awesome, but I have some questions*

1) Will I be able add my companion to my familiy tree if not I would enjoy that. Becouse I know other players have romanced there companion such as Corso or Kaylio.

2) Will there be more companion conversations some time in this update? Later? Never?

3) Will there be new lightsaber colors such as a light blue, dark blue, dark red and or pink?

Thanks so much for the FREE extra content keep it up Bio-Ware. :D

JangDin

So when you unlock zabrak, does it allow you to mix and match Republic and Empire features or just allow Republic zabrak for empire and empire zabrak for republic? I've been wanting a pale skinned (republic) zabrak with aggressive eyes and tatoos. (empire)

This was done as a service to trolls and other forum lowlife, as it makes sure they'll always have something to whine about. If Bioware releases material before its ready, you can whine that they don't test enough. If they hold back material to test it more thoroughly, you can whine they're lying to you about release dates. You should be glad they care enough about your happiness to make sure you have choices.

I thought about creating a band called the Butthurt Trolls. Not sure how many would get it though.

Anyway, your post made me laugh. Thanks!

So when you unlock zabrak, does it allow you to mix and match Republic and Empire features or just allow Republic zabrak for empire and empire zabrak for republic? I've been wanting a pale skinned (republic) zabrak with aggressive eyes and tatoos. (empire)

I'm going to GUESS you can mix and match, based on hearing that you can mix and match the Cyborg and also Twi'leks.

I guess i better start deleting my alts .. :/ .. the question is .. with more Game Content updates .. will i still need to look back and say .... crap .. do i need to delete those alts so i get to enjoy the new features? :(

Don't delete, just wait till they add more character slots, people are filling them faster than Bioware expected, and soon they will be forced to address it. Personally I refuse to delete mine, they owe me more slots as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by System_TOR

You just called people idiots for believing when they say somthing is coming out but now since you agree with them that its going to be out in April I would be a idiot not to believe them.

So their release dates truth is only based on forum fan boi's belief of it, not somthing Bioware has done. Check.

I hope it gets release next month, but degrading people and lash out with hate comments is just not good for these forums.

That was System_TOR that said that, not me...

I guess i better start deleting my alts .. :/ .. the question is .. with more Game Content updates .. will i still need to look back and say .... crap .. do i need to delete those alts so i get to enjoy the new features? :(

No. GZ has stated that giving us a way to get more character slots per server is in the planning stages.

That was System_TOR that said that, not me...

No it was you that called people idiots, if you try to slander me again I will report you.

Yeah, like that. Idiots took it as "we are definitely, absolutely, PROMISING that we will launch Spring 2011!!111!!1" when they said, from the very beginning, that it was tentative.

Proof.

Edited by System_TOR

My only question with Legacy is, let's say I leveled a Bounty Hunter and romanced Mako. Now I feel like having that Bounty Hunter become a father and so his son follows in his footsteps and becomes a bounty hunter. Do the companions change? Or am I to assume that my new Bounty Hunter is going to travel with his mother Mako who I can then romance? I guess the question boils down to will I get different companions for rolling the same class?

My only question with Legacy is, let's say I leveled a Bounty Hunter and romanced Mako. Now I feel like having that Bounty Hunter become a father and so his son follows in his footsteps and becomes a bounty hunter. Do the companions change? Or am I to assume that my new Bounty Hunter is going to travel with his mother Mako who I can then romance? I guess the question boils down to will I get different companions for rolling the same class?

Will you be able to tell me more about it ok.

No you wont ... i dont think BW is gonna make a super complex engine just for RP ... that's too much to ask ... you are asking for new comps .... you have 7 more clases .. that you will be giving this ... you are asking for anothre game within the game... wich will have a code as big as the universe ...so many options choices and other stuff ... its just a game ... its not real life! ... yes it would've been nice but its too much to ask!!

This made me laugh, I suggest you treat mako as your mother then, and obviously do not romance her.

No you wont ... i dont think BW is gonna make a super complex engine just for RP ... that's too much to ask ... you are asking for new comps .... you have 7 more clases .. that you will be giving this ... you are asking for anothre game within the game... wich will have a code as big as the universe ...so many options choices and other stuff ... its just a game ... its not real life! ... yes it would've been nice but its too much to ask!!
Yeah wasn't expecting Bioware to do it but it was an interesting question that came up in my head when I was on the character screen.

No it was you that called people idiots, if you try to slander me again I will report you.

:confused:

I meant the "now you're saying that you think it will be in April" part of his post... you said that, not me.

Personally I believe it will be April, but have told myself it could be the end of April, that way I should not be disappointed.

...but now since you agree with them that its going to be out in April I would be a idiot not to believe them.

Slander.... LOL!!

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Still not a big fan of the credit based RMT system in place for legacy unlocking, sure you can go and reach those other "unlock' conditions, but honestly, who's going to unlock all species by reaching 50 on all of them and then start playing them again from scratch?

Getting a human to lv.50 should grant you a species unlock token on top of the full customization unlock, skip the presence boost, it's useless anyways.

Lack of race change for existing characters still irks me, and honestly Legacy has devolved to a form that's no longer that interesting or game saving for me personally. It is showing the progression path that BioWare is choosing for SWTOR, like other old outdated MMOs than to improve the game in a more positive manner. Grinding is a thing of the past, yet TOR keeps adding content that's based entirely on grind. TOR is turning into another stereotypical MMO, and I definitely won't be sad when my sub runs out.

A superficial "family tree" as BioWare keeps promoting it as, and once again, more Anakin fetish being passionately vocalized by the developers. Enough, seriously, Anakin isn't the entire Star Wars universe, least of all several thousands of years before he was born.

Legacy could have been greatness never before seen in MMO history, being able to have a fully beneficial and improvement to your personal stories based on achievements you've accomplished and creating the "legacy" that players choose to envision. Instead, we get a watered down grind list of content that should have been there since launch, but added in as a "legacy feature".

Having thought about it some more, the flaw in the current Legacy system for me boils down to the ability to assign a Surname.

The blog post talks about Allies and Enemies being part of our legacy. That's fine. But why do they then have to have the same Surname? I want my Sith to be an Enemy of my Jedi, but I can't give her a different last name.

If they decoupled the Legacy from the Surname, allowed us to assign a Surname individually, this system would be nearly perfect for me.