1.2.3 Zorn and Toth Melee

As if melee did not have it hard enough on this fight. Extending fearful to 30 meters is going to mean excluding melee completely from this fight. Sure, it is possible for melee to leap to toth right before the leap, but that skill level is significantly higher than the ranged dps. And I have better things to do than sit in denova and wipe because the melee mechanic is so over-the-top.

are you trollin?

No. To elaborate, we keep melee on toth the whole fight, and have ranged follow zorn outside of 25 meters. With this new mechanic, non-sniper ranged will have to predict when toth is going to leap, and halt dps, and move outside of 30 meters while melee continues to dps). If we get it wrong, and get fearful, its pretty much a wipe. If dps does target swap, then melee will more than likely soak toth's leap damage, which is very hard to keep them up through.

Edited by vertigo_

I may be wrong and I have not confirmed any of this since I have not raided yet today but....

Wasn't this a fix to fear extending beyond the max range previously? The mechanic is that fear has always been a 30m range but the hit box of the boss extends an extra 5m which allows the range DPS to attack just out of range from this debuff. Previously the debuff sometimes hit players beyond the 30m but that should be fixed now.

Nothing should change strategy wise.

Anyone else got more clarity on this?

I may be wrong and I have not confirmed any of this since I have not raided yet today but....

Wasn't this a fix to fear extending beyond the max range previously? The mechanic is that fear has always been a 30m range but the hit box of the boss extends an extra 5m which allows the range DPS to attack just out of range from this debuff. Previously the debuff sometimes hit players beyond the 30m but that should be fixed now.

Nothing should change strategy wise.

Anyone else got more clarity on this?

Our ranged DPS stay on Zorn the whole fight, and our 2 marauders stay on toth the whole fight. We have not raided EC HM today yet, but as long as our dps was outside of 25m, we never got fearful. I saw the other thread about people getting fearful from very long ranges, it must have been a L2P issue because at 25+ meters, we never get it.

No. To elaborate, we keep melee on toth the whole fight, and have ranged follow zorn outside of 25 meters. With this new mechanic, non-sniper ranged will have to predict when toth is going to leap, and halt dps, and move outside of 30 meters while melee continues to dps). If we get it wrong, and get fearful, its pretty much a wipe. If dps does target swap, then melee will more than likely soak toth's leap damage, which is very hard to keep them up through.

This is using DPS in a sub-optimal way. There are ways to approach this fight where DPS do not have to stop.

edit: To add: this change does not make melee unfeasible. You may have to approach the fight differently, but it certainly can be done effectively.

Edited by Mavery

This is using DPS in a sub-optimal way. There are ways to approach this fight where DPS do not have to stop.

edit: To add: this change does not make melee unfeasible. You may have to approach the fight differently, but it certainly can be done effectively.

Our DPS never stops...

Our DPS never stops...

Do you even read what you write?

Clearly you can't read and understand multiple points. Hes talking about pre and post patch. Fail at your own attempt to call someone illiterate. Not sure how this change actually affects the fight as we don't know exactly what the range numbers were before hand or whether it was strictly a cone or cone+short circular aoe.

It may require melee to be on zorn for most of the fight and switch to toth(4 total dps) pre 80 and 40 then switch back once the leap has been completed.

Edited by AznSolidus

Clearly you can't read and understand multiple points. Hes talking about pre and post patch. Fail at your own attempt to call someone illiterate. Not sure how this change actually affects the fight as we don't know exactly what the range numbers were before hand. It may require melee to be on zorn for most of the fight and switch to toth pre 70 and 30 then switch back once the leap has been completed.

I was not talking about pre-patch. I was talking about his hypothetical strategy.

So again, I can read. This really isn't hard.

We just killed them on 16m and to be honest, the mechanic was easier to deal with. Before people used to get it randomly despite claiming being over 25m. Now with people stacked at exactly 30m had no issues. People got it once or twice when either I moved Zorn a bit or they ****ed it. But there were no longer in explained fearfuls.

Also melee had no issue staying on Toth at all. I really don't understand what's to complain about. The mechanic only makes it tricky if you have more melee than ranged in the group.

Reading comprehension man. Up until today, we have kept all ranged dps on Zorn, and never stopped dps. What I typed after that, was in relation to todays patch which I already stated I have not run yet.

We just killed them on 16m and to be honest, the mechanic was easier to deal with. Before people used to get it randomly despite claiming being over 25m. Now with people stacked at exactly 30m had no issues. People got it once or twice when either I moved Zorn a bit or they ****ed it. But there were no longer in explained fearfuls.

Also melee had no issue staying on Toth at all. I really don't understand what's to complain about. The mechanic only makes it tricky if you have more melee than ranged in the group.

Reading comprehension man. Up until today, we have kept all ranged dps on Zorn, and never stopped dps. What I typed after that, was in relation to todays patch which I already stated I have not run yet.

This is proof you didn't read what I said at all.

Let me make it perfectly clear: I did not accuse you of your DPSers halting DPS. It's completely illogical to suggest otherwise as I have no information about your group and how your group does things. What I did say was in your hypothetical strategy -- where you assert that non-Snipers/Gunslingers have to stop DPS -- is erroneous.

Read more carefully. :)

What does it matter if meele gets fearful if they are on toth the entire time?:confused:

It still seems just highly inconsistent/bugged to me. We tested it out just to see and had people standing at 35m not attacking and they were still getting the debuff, whereas last week we had absolutely no problem at 25m with the same exact makeup.

It may be 8-man only but Fearful still seems to hit people over 30 meters away. I was positioned 30 meters from the tank as a healer in a position where tank is slightly towards the ranged camp and the DPS behind me still received the fearful debuff. This didn't happen every time and seemed to be rather random event, but regular enough to make it annoying.

We had the buff dropping well beyond 30m last night. Used to have no trouble clearing this but now we've got ranged dying no matter how far they are, especially our DoT'ers. Not too mention mele getting burned every now and then because they don't get out in time.