Tricks to throwing the huttball?

Axethales

Clearly there are some tricks to doing this well. I think there are many people who really don't understand this mechanic - I'm one of them.

I find it very hard to do, and most of the time I'm swarmed so bad and chain stunned I'm unable to toss the ball.

If anyone has any advice on how to properly throw the huttball, with tips and tricks I'm sure many people would benefit from this knowledge!!

Edited by Axethales

I bind it to Shift-C and spam it like a mother****er til it goes off.

^^ This.

Keybind it and spam it. For instance, in a stun just mash your keybind and the left click back and forth.

So for example, I have it set to my shift + side mouse button. So I hit that, then left click, that then left click, that then left click. Eventually when I come out of the stun (maybe) it'll be a quick pass ftw.

I will be the first to admit it's not a very intuitive system and have lost the ball many times trying to pass the ball "up" to another platform. It's a very frustrating experience at times.

I wish you you could select a friendly from your raid list and then click the pass button for ease.

I will be the first to admit it's not a very intuitive system and have lost the ball many times trying to pass the ball "up" to another platform. It's a very frustrating experience at times.

I wish you you could select a friendly from your raid list and then click the pass button for ease.

Making it faceroll is not the answer. Adding a level of "skill" or experience to it is far better imo. Just take a few WZ's when you're losing and grab the ball and practice throwing it. When the reticule is red, it'll hit that surface. If throwing up, just put the reticule on the side of the ledge and it'll work.

Adding more complexity makes for a wider skill gap and that's always a good thing in pvp imo.

Targeting the throw:

It works just like a targeted AOE spell/skill.

Works good.

It's not a fail system just because you can't use it.

When:

The Ball won't throw if you have lost control of your character (mezzed/stunned)

Use your cc breaker and press throw > aim > click again.

Making it faceroll is not the answer. Adding a level of "skill" or experience to it is far better imo. Just take a few WZ's when you're losing and grab the ball and practice throwing it. When the reticule is red, it'll hit that surface. If throwing up, just put the reticule on the side of the ledge and it'll work.

Adding more complexity makes for a wider skill gap and that's always a good thing in pvp imo.

How about the NFL's solution. Your not allowed to touch the quarterback or you might hurt him. If they put that in here, then the person with the ball could run around and do what they wanted, and it's up to the enemy to just cover all the potential receivers, but don't touch them before they have the ball. and then make sure it's not with your helmet. Lead with your saber or laser haha.

sounds like you need to l2p sadly.

It would be huttball breaking ifyou could hotkey a throw.. People would throw the ball perfectly non stop.

Its fine as it is its a little quirky and being stunned makes it even more clunky since it keeps canceling your target.

Right now throws require skill and timing. Which is good.

How about the NFL's solution. Your not allowed to touch the quarterback or you might hurt him. If they put that in here, then the person with the ball could run around and do what they wanted, and it's up to the enemy to just cover all the potential receivers, but don't touch them before they have the ball. and then make sure it's not with your helmet. Lead with your saber or laser haha.

LOL love the NFL reference. How true. Tom Brady rule, ROFL....

It's a passing league now cuz that's flashy and sells, plain and simple. Two people (three if Aaron Rodgers would have played the final game) passed Dan Marino's single season yardage record. Go figure...

Regarding the game, I kind of like it as it is. I've played defense on a receiver before when it's obvious he's positioning himself for a pass. I've intercepted it many times like that. My favorite is getting next to a receiver getting ready to catch a pass. He's stationary so the ball carrier can hit him easily. I'll position myself on the side of the receiver and when the ball carrier passes, I'll do my knockback and knock the receiver off the ledge and I'll get the ball. Good times.

The other thing I would like to say is to not pass the ball unnecessarily. I can't tell you how many times the ball carrier has tried to pass the ball when we're on the 5 yd line with at least half health and it's been intercepted. Only pass if you're sure.

Also if you're deep in your own end zone and kill their ball carrier, throw the ball away to reset it or else they'll kill you and score easily. Simple stuff really.

Treat it like a hot potato and pass it before they swarm. When the ball is constantly changing hands the other team really doesn't have a chance unless they are guarding the endline or get a lucky interception.

This. If you let a zerging team win you need to l2p.

1) Toss early. Don't wait for the stun-train to hit you. Remember, if you had a good opportunity to pass and didn't, your team-mates are probably going to assume you're one of the people who don't know how to pass and they might not bother getting in position for a pass next time.

2) Have your camera zoomed out as far as possible. Not only does it make it easier to see people who are getting in position for a pass, but being zoomed out also helps when you need to pan the camera for a throw at a bad angle.

3) Keybind the throw ability, and if you're choosing (or forced) to eat the stun-train till near-death, spam it while spam-clicking the area you want to throw to. Keybinding is the most important part, and it's the only way you're going to get a pass off in under 0.2 seconds.

1) Toss early. Don't wait for the stun-train to hit you. Remember, if you had a good opportunity to pass and didn't, your team-mates are probably going to assume you're one of the people who don't know how to pass and they might not bother getting in position for a pass next time.

2) Have your camera zoomed out as far as possible. Not only does it make it easier to see people who are getting in position for a pass, but being zoomed out also helps when you need to pan the camera for a throw at a bad angle.

3) Keybind the throw ability, and if you're choosing (or forced) to eat the stun-train till near-death, spam it while spam-clicking the area you want to throw to. Keybinding is the most important part, and it's the only way you're going to get a pass off in under 0.2 seconds.

These are solid. Repetition is going to make you better, most folks were not good passers when they started this. I remember Beta, it was toddler soccer.

I HATED huttball when I started. I would quit when ever it popped up. I was tired of getting yelled at by other players. But once you get used to it, know the layout like the back of your hand, and are comfortable passing. It is a blast. Throw in voice chat and you will be hooting and hollering about great plays.

My 2 credits.

Clearly there are some tricks to doing this well. I think there are many people who really don't understand this mechanic - I'm one of them.

I find it very hard to do, and most of the time I'm swarmed so bad and chain stunned I'm unable to toss the ball.

If anyone has any advice on how to properly throw the huttball, with tips and tricks I'm sure many people would benefit from this knowledge!!

There is your problem.

You're running with the ball! You need to stop that.

Step 1: get the ball (either from center, or someone passes it to you)

Step 2: locate a teammate within 1 clock second of obtaining the ball

Step 3: stop and pass the ball to them: elapsed time < 2 clock seconds

If you aren't doing it like that, you're doing it wrong.

Here's another tip: Make it so you can zoom out your view distance to max. It makes throwing 'up' a LOT easier. Zoom out and click the walkways without having to tilt the cam.

Otherwise it's basically just an AoE. Also keep in mind, if the person you are throwing to is stunned and an enemy is near the circle, they will intercept it.

Tell that to Tom Brady after meeting the Giants Defensive front 4, GET AT ME G-MEN!! :)

To truly slaughter an enemy team at Huttball you need vent.

1) Sneak stealthers into endzone,

2) Grab the ball, throw the ball

3) ????

4) Profit

This, forever. I took my jedi shadow friend who doesn't pvp much into her first Huttball game and she was all worried because she didn't know what to do. I said go stealth in the endzone and unstealth when someone gets close enough to pass. She got 4 scores.

Seriously, this strategy is basically unbeatable. They can't stealth scan the whole endzone.