Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate and YOU

enoax

EDIT:

Please note the assumption i made in this OP are wrong. Please see page 3 of identicle sorc thread. The different proc relics use different crit stats to determine a crit. In summary:

Internal=tech

Kinetic=tech

Elemental=force

Energy=force

Oringal post:

Noticed last night my pathetic crit rate for this proc relic. Looked into it a bit and I feel Sages/Sorcs are getting screwed with the crit mechanic on these relics. I believe the underlying reason is we are really a melee class (have a saber and free melee attack) yet our melee crit rate isn't affected by willpower. It looks to me as these proc relics use range/melee crit rates

Using dummy and Dread guard relic of dark radiance

Slinger with internal proc relic (DG)

-> his ranged crit rate is 41% (tech is 40%). Relic critted 43%.

http://www.torparse.com/a/57367

Sage with internal proc relic (DG)

->melee crit rate 21.28% (force crit rate 37%). Relic critted 15%

http://www.torparse.com/a/57392

I can find sentinel parses from our guild using the campaign version (burning force) which crit for >40%.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/eef14011-5c5c-4c8c-a7c0-7bc5555b45a3/player/8#d=0,b=1

You could speculate that my low crit rate on my sage is just RNG. But from last night's run i was 19.5% relic crit rate with 3 hours of log data.

http://www.torparse.com/a/56888

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/6e252dc9-6bda-4919-92e6-fa34905f0054/overview#d=0,b=1

Looks like sages (and i'm assuming Sorc's) get screwed. Willpower doesn't affect our melee crit rate so it's always goign to be lower than other classes. This is broken and needs fixed

Edited by enoax

I made a similar post in the sorc forums (generally better mechanics discussion there). See it for more details.

Summary: my sin also has ~20% crit rate with the relic. I also tried the kinetic version with him with similar results.

Maybe a tech crit rate mechanic rather than a melee crit rate mechanic as I originally proposed.

@ycoga that is over all crit % the corrosive injection is the relic dmg it is 14% crit and only did 20k dmg over 8 minutes and 20 seconds to be honest the proc relic is **** then if that is what it is like for a sage might as well have a WH power relic instead....most players run what on avg about 700 power for a bh geared toon so you are adding 113 more to that which is a 8% power increase...

It seems internal is using the tech crit rate and elemental is using the force crit rate (From other posts on the forums, commandos are running into the same issue with the elemental). Perhaps if you had daily comms or in game time to swap the internal relic for a refund you could test this? Edited by DarkDisturbed

It seems internal is using the tech crit rate and elemental is using the force crit rate (From other posts on the forums, commandos are running into the same issue with the elemental). Perhaps if you had daily comms or in game time to swap the internal relic for a refund you could test this?

Is this confirmed or just speculation? If this is true this is BS. I have 0 daily comms and stupid to get another relic thats 300 daily comms.....

It seems internal is using the tech crit rate and elemental is using the force crit rate (From other posts on the forums, commandos are running into the same issue with the elemental). Perhaps if you had daily comms or in game time to swap the internal relic for a refund you could test this?

Will try to confirm shortly, though it will be using my sin since he has the coms to play around with. My sages were spent long ago and i can't refund em :(

@ycoga that is over all crit % the corrosive injection is the relic dmg it is 14% crit and only did 20k dmg over 8 minutes and 20 seconds to be honest the proc relic is **** then if that is what it is like for a sage might as well have a WH power relic instead....most players run what on avg about 700 power for a bh geared toon so you are adding 113 more to that which is a 8% power increase...

2 things you're missing: compare the difference between wh 113 power and the 47 static on the new DG relic.

Then take that and convert it to bonus damage and compare that against total bonus damage.

Wh relic is NOT an 8% increase in bonus damage.

Which relic besides the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages is correct then? If elemental damage is tied to force then we should get the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence, correct?

Well, I just DPS'd with it and unlike corrosive injection, which appears on the parsers, I cannot see that this relic does ANY damage at all.

Has anyone tested the Dread Guard Relic of the Kinetic Tempest?

Which relic besides the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages is correct then? If elemental damage is tied to force then we should get the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence, correct?

Well, I just DPS'd with it and unlike corrosive injection, which appears on the parsers, I cannot see that this relic does ANY damage at all.

Has anyone tested the Dread Guard Relic of the Kinetic Tempest?

I tested them all on my sin, torparses for those tests are in the sorc thread with the identicle name. didn't have the coms to test them on my sage. Should get off my lasy arse and get the last 50 coms to buy another :/ maybe i'lldo that this weekend.

Edited by enoax

I tested them all on my sin, torparses for those tests are in the sorc thread with the identicle name. didn't have the coms to test them on my sage. Should get off my lasy arse and get the last 50 coms to buy another :/ maybe i'lldo that this weekend.

Nevermind. Today the parser is showing the "burning force" effect from the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence. The relic tends to crit between 42-52%.

BTW. The Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages + the Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Transcendence are CURRENTLY providing me with about +25 more DPS than two War Hero Relics of Boundless Ages. However, with the release of 1.6 this Tuesday, 12-11, the first Elite War Hero pieces I will work towards are the Elite War Hero Relics of Boundless Ages. It will be interesting to see which set comes out on top. I'm guessing the Dread Guard relics will still be higher DPS but only by a small margin.

Edited by Kuvox