State of the Galaxy

CourtneyWoods

Interesting. For the first time in a while, we are given the impression that the Empire has the upper hand, and not the Republic.

I won't say that the Empire has the upper hand its just that the Republic's lead in the war has diminished

Edited by MisterBlackJack

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good post. I often complain that the overall storyline of what's going on in the Galaxy is barren and vague, but this is a superb counterexample.

I'd be thrilled to see this kind of exposition in-game as well.

all of this is actually in game. It's just written flat out here while in game it expands over 3 planets, 3 Operations, 3 (soon 5) flash points, GSF and a new warzone.

Very well done.

Far more of this is required. We keep having story with the last few chapters removed so we never know how it ends. I just hope we see more in game and more notice of our actions as the game progresses. Something similar to another MMO where NPCs make mention of previous achievements as you move throughtthe world.

It pleases me to see an update on storylines such as this. It gives us an idea as to where we currently stand in the long scheme of things ICly (for those that RP) and what we may be gearing up for. Also, SUPER happy the Empire is gaining some form of figurehead. I feel offing Malgus really hurt the game. You always need the evil and good guy, ya know? Malgus was the poster boy. Now, lets see Marr be what he was!

Not very into PvP, but still excited!

I'm still a bit miffed at Malgus being a lame FP boss. For being promoted so much before the game launch I thought he would have a huge role...Half the time I forget he even exists anymore.

I'm still a bit miffed at Malgus being a lame FP boss. For being promoted so much before the game launch I thought he would have a huge role...Half the time I forget he even exists anymore.

You know, they never found his body.

You know, they never found his body.

You don't have to throw him off the ledge anymore. You can actually kill him now. So there goes that theory.

Either way, for someone as promoted as he was...Being a FP boss is pretty lame. He definitely should of been a raid boss with a bigger impact on the story/game.

Edited by Raansu

He had a large role and his purpose was fulfilled the moment he was killed(?) aboard the Emperor's Space Station.

Plus, Darth Marr, as a character, is EXACTLY what the Empire needs, not someone like Malgus, who kinda reminded of the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Again, awesome character? Sure. What the Empire needed, as far as leadership is concerned? Hell no. Also...

Asset R-31 was killed while attempting to negotiate the purchase of potentially-incriminating holorecords from Chancellor Saresh’s time on the planet Taris. The seller was also killed. As with past efforts along these lines, GenoHaradan assassins are the most likely culprits. (...)

Words cannot describe the utmost disdain I feel for Saresh. I see so much stuff I knew from the very beginning coming to fruition that it's utterly creeping.

So lame they chose to remove that codex entry on Taris, Republic side, which pretty much implies - IMHO - that she willingly sacrificed the reconstruction on the Planet and everyone on it, for the sake of her ascension in the Republic's political echelon.

The fact that...

The Trooper receives an e-mail stating that a new Chancellor would soon emerge always sounded to me like the GenoHaradan was somehow involved in the whole ordeal, as far as the fall of her predecessor is concerned.

Again, disdain.

Interesting. For the first time in a while, we are given the impression that the Empire has the upper hand, and not the Republic.

The Republic won Chapter 3 with the Imperial Heroes too busy fighting for personal power, Makeb was all about how the Republic tried to press the advantage but wasn't quite able to due to other events and choices they made, and now we are going to see the resurgence of the Empire back up to potentially taking the advantage back once again.

and then there's the possibility of WX being alive still.

Oh, and I like how they're giving us an in-game heads up on the state of things regarding both heads of state.

Marr is ruthless, efficient and completely without ambition for the Emperor's throne. An excellent war-time leader, so I foresee something bad happening to him. Sad, really.

No there isn't.

Is it canon that X dies? I'm sincerely asking, since the story allows you to choose that part.

Bioware has stated in the past that every character, like Watcher X whose ultimate fate is player determined, would most likely NOT be making any appearance in the future.

In the end, regardless of what one decides, it doesn't really matter.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Stellar Blog!

A State of the Galaxy address from the nefarious Mr. The Shroud is a great way to bring the community back to the storyline in prep for tomorrow's Update. It also gives returning players an organized way to recap and jump back in.

Reminds me that I have not even done the macrobinoculars quest line yet :eek: Wish I had more time...

Anticipation is high -

All the PVP beating Empire gave to Republic should count for something.

I've beaten the game with at least 3 characters and I still feel like I didn't pick up half the stuff on this thread. Also, I'm still confused as to how each of the individual story-lines connect.

For example, are the Republic stories all connected? If so, do these stories conflict with the Imperial story-lines? Or is it that all 8 story-lines happen together and there's 4 heroes on both sides?

An example of this issue would be

the emperor dying. He's supposed to be killed in the knight story-line isn't he? In the sith story-lines I've played he's either alive or only a controlled body of him was killed.

So I really don't know how to look at the story, or how it was intended to be viewed.

I've beaten the game with at least 3 characters and I still feel like I didn't pick up half the stuff on this thread. Also, I'm still confused as to how each of the individual story-lines connect.

For example, are the Republic stories all connected? If so, do these stories conflict with the Imperial story-lines? Or is it that all 8 story-lines happen together and there's 4 heroes on both sides?

the emperor dying. He's supposed to be killed in the knight story-line isn't he? In the sith story-lines I've played he's either alive or only a controlled body of him was killed.

So I really don't know how to look at the story, or how it was intended to be viewed.

Jedi knight kills Emperor's main body, his Voice. Since this was second time he lost his Voice in a short period of time, Emperor almost collapsed, to the point he had to abandon his Children. But he is alive. As for jedi, they are unaware of his true form (force entity), so they (and everybody else) believe that they actually killed him in Dark Temple

The Republic believes that the Emperor has been killed but this is due to the fact that apparently, for reasons we're not privy to, someone on the Jedi Knight's storyline FAILED to mention that the Emperor used an entity known as the "Emperor's Voice", while his TRUE body was safe from harm, somewhere in the Galaxy.

This is the actual ENTITY killed(?) by the Jedi Knight, at the end of the third chapter.

The Republic, yet again, not being privy to this sensitive information, believes that the Emperor has been killed, while the Emperor's Hand, the Emperor's secret organization who tends to his most direct affairs in his absence, informs the Emperor's Wrath ( the Sith Warrior ) that the Emperor has been weakened, given the outcome of the battle between his Voice and the Jedi Knight.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Jedi knight kills Emperor's main body, his Voice. Since this was second time he lost his Voice in a short period of time, Emperor almost collapsed, to the point he had to abandon his Children. But he is alive. As for jedi, they are unaware of his true form (force entity), so they (and everybody else) believe that they actually killed him in Dark Temple

This is untrue.

As mentioned SEVERAL times already, the Voice is not the Emperor's main body but actually a part of his essence, an entity he created in order to inhabit other beings, who act as vessels while his TRUE body is supposedly safe from harm.

This is pointed out SEVERAL times during the SW storyline.

* See videos *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbX71v9H70Q#t=08m23s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbX71v9H70Q#t=21m04s

Awesome! Thanks to both of you who responded. I guess that all 8 stories are supposed to be happening at the same time? That's pretty neat. I guess what made me doubt that was planets like Alderaan.

Because on the Sith Side it seems like you get the planet aligned with the Empire. The same thing could be said about Voss.

Awesome! Thanks to both of you who responded. I guess that all 8 stories are supposed to be happening at the same time? That's pretty neat. I guess what made me doubt that was planets like Alderaan.

Because on the Sith Side it seems like you get the planet aligned with the Empire. The same thing could be said about Voss.

The same thing can be said for operations and some flashpoints. Regardless, in all those instances, the main goal is usually to remove the obstacle to both factions, not so much who comes ahead between the two.

It pleases me to see an update on storylines such as this. It gives us an idea as to where we currently stand in the long scheme of things ICly (for those that RP) and what we may be gearing up for. Also, SUPER happy the Empire is gaining some form of figurehead. I feel offing Malgus really hurt the game. You always need the evil and good guy, ya know? Malgus was the poster boy. Now, lets see Marr be what he was!

Not very into PvP, but still excited!

this means they have to release a Darth Marr action figure to go with my Malgus one

Nice to see where we stand, and someone needs to shut up this shroud guy, his ego is rubbing me off in the wrong ways lol... but seeing this figure pop up constantly now and then, i figure he will have a Op or FP coming up soon.

and ooooh yeah Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow. You're only a day away!

Hopefully he'll be the next big antagonist, someday

Edited by Sydth

By "beaten the game" it would mean you've practically completed, within each faction, all planetary stories, three Operations, three (five) Flashpoints, All Of The GSI missions, and an up coming Warzone.

I think the GSI story lines bridges the gaps between most of the other stories.