lol bolster

LegendaryQuan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole point of bolster is to make it even for everybody.. What? Did you want to go back and bash on undergeared people and feel good about yourself?

Interesting seeing alot of blind/incompetent people thinking they're good in pvp when the game itself caters towards people with BiS gear against those with no gear.

Not saying you're blind or incompetent personally but seriously.. if you thought the pvp was fair to begin with.......

............... lol.

If you think bolster did anything to make pvp fair.....then lol. BW could have re-done the stats on pvp gear to make them closer without bolster. BW set up the gear grind, set the stats on gear, then is going to invalidate all that gear, hahaha, then explain the reason for a gear grind if it doesnt produce better gear. BW is stupid.

Well they simply have made our previous work useless, some people say pvp gear dont work in open world pvp, which i think is not true, but anyway seems devs have clearly no idea what are doing so.. lets see what will happen, unsubs or whatever..

Those people are idiots. It does work in open world.

With expertise crystals being pointless now, can some method of trading them in for a crystal of the same colour but different (useful) stat be introduced? Like a vendor that sells every colour crystal of every stat and the cost of purchase is one expertise crystal of the same colour. (or even any crystal of the same colour)

Some folk have paid around 2million credits for a purple expertise crystal on GTN and I have personally spent quite a lot of warzone comms on baradium flux to craft quite a few purple expertise crystals for my alts. If I can at least exchange them for same colour of other stats I won't feel cheated out of quite a lot of wz comms.

Please take this seriously, those crafted crystals are not a trivial investment of resources however they were acquired.

I would also like to see this (I have a white crystal that I am going to have to pull now.)

I just want to see what happened to some of the mods i pulled from my old wh gear and put in place of some of the useless mods that were in my new partisan gear.. The update about it on here and the patch notes are confusing me..well..it is 4:35 am that might be my problem :p

Yeah, this is my concern also. Although its not like I threw out my partisan mods....I just preferred my old WH mods/enhancers, being they were statistically optimized for my style of play and marginally worse (Just a loss of endurance)

So, how screwed up is bolster now?

edit: Wait, did they just completely trash old WH gear?

Apparently not. My first games with the new expertise-less gear seemed fine.

But I am confused about valor now. Apparently its not used for anythign at all anymore, if you don't count wearing the old crafted WH gear?

Edited by Karkais

Apparently not. My first games with the new expertise-less gear seemed fine.

But I am confused about valor now. Apparently its not used for anythign at all anymore, if you don't count wearing the old crafted WH gear?

Valor has been meaningless since.... 1.2?

Well the bolster is broken, cause it gives more stats to naked people than people that wear gear.

Otherwise bolster works fine, since IMO in low lvl there shouldn't be much difference between the gears.

and well PVE gear shouldn't be better for WZ than the PVP gear.

and solve to this would be just removing the bolster from lvl 55 wz bracket (cause its all that PVPer cares for).

Well the bolster is broken, cause it gives more stats to naked people than people that wear gear.

Otherwise bolster works fine, since IMO in low lvl there shouldn't be much difference between the gears.

and well PVE gear shouldn't be better for WZ than the PVP gear.

and solve to this would be just removing the bolster from lvl 55 wz bracket (cause its all that PVPer cares for).

LOL, if naked PvP is back...just...lol. I mean, that was the whole point behind the fix, right?

I imagine this has been covered before somewhere in the preceding pages, but there's one thing I just do not understand about the new bolster:

Why is there an expertise bolster AT ALL in the 10-29 queue?

If anything, the bolster should ensure there's NO expertise in the low tier. Sure it's fun for those of us that have been around for a while, I giggle when my shadow gets off a 9k crit at level 25. But considering the 10-29 queue will be the first PvP experience for most new players it seems unreasonably harsh.

I understand it would make PvP feel a lot different moving from 29 to 30, but it would provide a "training wheels" period. Which is what the lower tier should be used for, imho.

Either way, glad to see there's a fix for naked bolster and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this latest patch ;)

Edited by Lolokio

Hey everyone,

Our combat and PvP teams have been hard at work addressing the issues of naked Bolster and the itemization issues attached to it (like War Hero gear). Here is some very detailed information on everything we are going to be doing to address these concerns right from Alex Modny. If you want the basic info here is a quick synopsis, read on for the full debrief:

TLDR: Going into a Warzone completely naked will now be worse than wearing gear. War Hero and Elite War Hero gear is viable again.

Our current plan is that you will see all of these changes after our scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, April 16th. Note that these changes are NOT to address the time to kill issues. We are still actively investigating that and will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

-eric

This is a very odd take on the issue. I'm sure "the majority of players" who decided to enter a level 50 warzone in green PVE gear got face rolled. They should be face rolled. Fail. Learn. The same thing would occur if a level 50 in greens tried to take on Nightmare Pilgrim. The same would be true for two equally skilled players, one in fully aug'ed EWH and the other in recruit gear. Fail. Learn.

The dichotomy of gear vs. skill can be argued until we are all blue in the face. The simple facts are: You shouldn't be able to make up large skill deficits with gear, and you shouldn't be able to make up large gear deficits with skill.

Pre-2.0 wasn't about gear. it was about dedication. To dominate in PVP, you had to think about it at level 1. You had to research your class and build, and que up ad nauseum, forgoing all but class missions in PVE so that when you dinged 50 you'd have max WZ and RWZ in the bank. Then you had to continue grinding warzones while you painstakingly geared your toon. Most folks who ended up in fully augmented EWH were competent. PVP isn't really that hard. Most people can figure it out if you invest the time to get to EWH.

Now it appears that despite the PTS comments and feedback, BW has chosen another tact. Now PVP is going to be an interesting diversion, similar to space missions. But there is an exception. In space missions, the gear your wearing doesn't bolster your ship mods. You can't run upper tier missions in a naked ship, or a ship outfitted with green mods. You would be face rolled. Fail. Learn.

Your new bolster system is fundamentally flawed. In an effort to please everyone, you've penalized dedication. For some of us, it's the reason we play, and for a lot of us, it's a reason we still have a founder title available. There are some of us die-hards that became interested in PVP when you couldn't keep the game alive - when there was only one instance and single digits (and often, a single player) on fleet.

So I hope you'll forgive me if I don't gush with thanks for making my EWH "better than naked". New bolster system? Fail. Learn.

Awesome so its just as bad as it was before. you fixed the so called naked bug by just removing expertise. that is not a fix, that is a band-aid on the bigger problem that your pre 55 bolster gives FULL best in slot expertise stats of 60% damage boost ect. People actually had better than best in slot stats because of using pve gear to work around the expertise bug you created. There is no Time to kill issue there is an overly enhanced gear issue that created a time to kill issue. Your bolster boosted stats beyond what they were ever intended to be at max level with full best in slot gear. Bioware, you have indeed failed at even understanding your own system. GG!

Awesome so its just as bad as it was before. you fixed the so called naked bug by just removing expertise. that is not a fix, that is a band-aid on the bigger problem that your pre 55 bolster gives FULL best in slot expertise stats of 60% damage boost ect. People actually had better than best in slot stats because of using pve gear to work around the expertise bug you created. There is no Time to kill issue there is an overly enhanced gear issue that created a time to kill issue. Your bolster boosted stats beyond what they were ever intended to be at max level with full best in slot gear. Bioware, you have indeed failed at even understanding your own system. GG!

Screenshots, please.

This is full of ****! It wasn't fair to the new players that the old players had better gear. And what about the old players who has spent a lot of time getting the best gear for PvP? At one time they introduced elite war hero gear and made war hero almost free in order to balance stuff. So we farmed elite war hero gear because of our aim for perfection and now they mutilated the gear making it some mediocre ******** that is no good for anything. Enough to say they throw the concept of pvp gear down the toilet.

It wasn't bad enough that actually after lvl 50 your stats are degrading just with the aim to farm their high end gear and to get the same stats as before. It wasn't bad enough that the frame rate in the new zones drops down randomly, because it's not optimized. It's not enough the game is lagging so much it's unplayable half the time.

They are mocking at us - every single employee of EA and Bioware, so I think had enough.

Edited by MartoSt

There are far too many pages to read here so I'm not sure if it's been addressed or not....

What I read there, from that big yellow wall, is, being naked is bad now. However, they explicitly say "an empty slot" and "naked". What about those people that are running the PVP in empty moddable gear? Does the system take into account that there are no stats on the slot, or just that there's no item in the slot? Or would it see the item level of the piece and if it's a lower orange piece it's better?

UPDATE 4/16/2013 11am CST

I noticed having a full set of War hero gear in a wz, my stats (main and hp) were actually lower than those in mix match pve gear on players varying in levels from 30's to 50's.

Also the WH relics are severly reducing my stats due to them not having the expertise replaced with useful stats.

thanks

This is full of ****! It wasn't fair to the new players that the old players had better gear. And what about the old players who has spent a lot of time getting the best gear for PvP? At one time they introduced elite war hero gear and made war hero almost free in order to balance stuff. So we farmed elite war hero gear because of our aim for perfection and now they mutilated the gear making it some mediocre ******** that is no good for anything. Enough to say they throw the concept of pvp gear down the toilet.

It wasn't bad enough that actually after lvl 50 your stats are degrading just with the aim to farm their high end gear and to get the same stats as before. It wasn't bad enough that the frame rate in the new zones drops down randomly, because it's not optimized. It's not enough the game is lagging so much it's unplayable half the time.

They are mocking at us - every single employee of EA and Bioware, so I think had enough.

I'm getting raped by pve premades...tanks with 35k life and 1800k expertise...I have to attack them with 5 partisans and rest WH/EWH...24k life...1949 EXP...TOTK just got worse!!!

seriously, what are you guys complaining about? that you had the best gear and now you dont so your sad? i grinded to get my pvp gear and augment it just the same as everyone else, and i find 2.0 quite enjoyable, the best update yet imo.

@blasterporrf, just no. you should not be having ot "forgo everything but story" to be able to enjoy pvp and not get destroyed, like how it was.i remember going for my WH while i had only the recruit gear, and no matter what i did, no amount of skill could get you that kill if they had even one grade better gear, because they were doing more damage, more heals, more of everything, so it was to the point where it was futile to even try, like they were talking about in their post. the only way ot get anything done was for several players to go after one that had better gear, and even then they didnt have too hard of a time tanking it if there was a semi competent healer on their team. so in short, they have done nothing to dedication, only raised the skill level of the game.