Dantooine Conquest week nerfed?

Toraak

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! I’m taking the week off from SWTOR!!! Looks like another good thing got messed up, it wasn’t til I blew thru Dantooine and didn’t make CQ that I realized the points were not scaled up correctly... GG All GG 👎🤯👎

Totally fails my guilds this week invading large yield, ty again 😞

Just tried the world bosses in Ossus.

Droid, we got it, but it took twice as long, and everyone died MANY times.

Swarm lord, entire ops group wiped three times and we gave up. Not doable.

This tells me other groups are having similar problems. Or are not doing them at all.

So much for the conquest points on those. Can’t complete them.

They are simply way too difficult.

Everything needs to be dialed down about 50%.

And to top it off, I got another 200k repair bill.

Thanks a lot.

Just tried the world bosses in Ossus.

Droid, we got it, but it took twice as long, and everyone died MANY times.

Swarm lord, entire ops group wiped three times and we gave up. Not doable. ..

And to top it off, I got another 200k repair bill.

Thanks a lot.

Twice as long? I feel like it took 3-4 times as long.

I dropped before even getting to the swarm b/c I only had so many credits with me. I'm not even making enough credits now to cover the repair bill.

I suppose I'm thankful to Bioware... I'll actually do something productive this winter rather than playing this game. Maybe I'll come back if and when they un**** themselves.

Let start by saying the situation sucks and I feel bad for “some players”. Bioware definitely need to fix it.

But it’s ironic how Conquest is all of a sudden a problem again when large guilds and people in them can’t reach personal targets.

I’ve been trolled and been derided when I say conquest has been impossible for some of us smaller guilds since the expansion launched. Ive been basically been trolled to stop QQing about it,

But now that this weeks a problem for the masses, conquest finally becomes a problem for them and it gets attention. Honestly I have zero sympathy for those who’ve been deriding me and others like me. I say tooooo bad. Because we already can’t do conquest. And now you know how we feel. It’s not nice is it to not be able to play something you enjoy doing.

To Bioware, if you are going to fix conquest for large guild players, then you need to look at the whole system again and fix it for the small casual guilds and players to be able to do it again.

1. Lower the personal targets for guild members who run low yield. Why can’t it be scaling so if your guild goes for the low yield, personal targets are 35,000, medium 50,000 and large 60,000.

2. Lower the targets for the lower yield planets to 300,000, increase the yield for medium and large. Guilds that size already have extra buffs to deal with those increases.

3. Increase guild member ship numbers so guilds don’t need sister guilds to accomodate all their members and Alts. This would de-incentivise these guild for going for all 3 planets to win them, ie, the low yield planet this week on Star Forge was won by the same guild as high and medium AND they even beat the highest yield planet with a total of 62,000,000 points, which is insane they are even able to do in the low yield. They should not be there and there should be an incentive great enough to stop them going there.

4. Make it so high lvl characters get the same conquest points as those still lvling up. It is not fair that a lower lvl players can get personal conquest done easier than max lvl.

5. Put back in galactic rampage and the planetary rampages should be there every week. Why galactic was removed is beyond me. It totally made conquest undoable for my small guilds.

6. Points, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all need to be changed or fixed so that people not in massive guilds can do conqest again and have fun

7. I’m sure there are other things you can do to make conquest playable and fun for smaller guilds and individuals with many Alts. Currently it’s not playable for everyone who could do it before and many people and small guilds can’t complete it, so we don’t even bother trying anymore. Which means it’s just less time we spend in the game and more reasons to stop playing and unsub.

Please fix it for us small guys toooooo..

YES! I’m taking the week off from SWTOR!!! Looks like another good thing got messed up, it wasn’t til I blew thru Dantooine and didn’t make CQ that I realized the points were not scaled up correctly... GG All GG 👎🤯👎

Totally fails my guilds this week invading large yield, ty again 😞

Thank you so much for making my point and what happens when players at any guild lvl can’t complete conquest (that includes us small guys and not just people going for large yield).

They just stop playing conquest and play less of swtor. Which leads to some never coming back and unsubbing when it’s like this every week for them.

Less content to play = less fun and time in the game = stop playing

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I run a Large yeild guild, Not un-aware of the issues players have with the system of points in the game. Goals should be spread out more.. a great idea would also be to allow MORE THAN 3 WORLDS the TARGET for INVASIONS. There are about 8 Large guilds you have to watch that dominate the top of ANY setting Large/Medium/Small Put back the clock on the 3 targets to more than 5 a week would be great for all guilds, small and large.... MORE invasion targets means more guilds get the benefits of seeing there guild on a leader-board and actually winning and being able to recruit more players for there guilds... MORE INVASION TARGETS, and TURN BACK ON DANTOOINE 7 Missing Missions..

I run a Large yeild guild, Not un-aware of the issues players have with the system of points in the game. Goals should be spread out more.. a great idea would also be to allow MORE THAN 3 WORLDS the TARGET for INVASIONS. There are about 8 Large guilds you have to watch that dominate the top of ANY setting Large/Medium/Small Put back the clock on the 3 targets to more than 5 a week would be great for all guilds, small and large.... MORE invasion targets means more guilds get the benefits of seeing there guild on a leader-board and actually winning and being able to recruit more players for there guilds... MORE INVASION TARGETS, and TURN BACK ON DANTOOINE 7 Missing Missions..

And don’t forget putting galactic rampage back in for every week.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Let start by saying the situation sucks and I feel bad for “some players”. Bioware definitely need to fix it.

(sniped to shorten quote)

To Bioware, if you are going to fix conquest for large guild players, then you need to look at the whole system again and fix it for the small casual guilds and players to be able to do it again.

1st off forgive grammer and spelling im not feeling my best irl and dont give a care right now as long as the point gets passes on right

tl;dr

bla bla bla ... i have a 2 person(human players) active guild most the time and not alwasy sub and by far have met the personal and guild conquest(before guildship in past few months it was wasted going for guild mind you but still made them otherwise) so please dont be yelling and preching small guilds its impossible and has almost always been .... cuz only in the earliest of conquest days (mind you i my guild was basicly just me alone as the sole active player then and preffered status) did i ever have issues to get the goals met and with the changed over time i more and more offten met them and exeeded them with changed done ....

BUT your points on the point gain being diffrent for those that are maxed or not and large guilds just mopping the floor and clearing everything just cuase they can with plentiful sisterguilds you have points for and agree changes need to be made here to de incentivise those massive guilds from doing these actions and the point gains need to be = rate gained outside objectives reguardless if your max lvl or not

WARNING ... long text wall below....

id just like to chime in outside randoness with this week not having the correct objectives matching the event week and such .... that effectivly my own personal guild that is made up of basicly only "2" active accounts (mine and my brother)

in the past before 6.0 and after 6.0 and before the last major change to conquests before preps for 6.0 ..... My guild has effectivly made conquest both personal many times over as well would have had guild flagship have had countless guild conquests over the past 1-2 years ... only in the last 3 months have we had a guild ship and those first 2.5 months we basicly got our guild conquest and personal conquest every week mind it that that last .5 i myself went semi inactive and my brother managed to still keep hitting guild conquest each week will he started to focus less on swtor .... in his free time ...

to sum it up again ... a guild with effectivly only 2 human players active in it manage to finish and more commenly overdo the needed ammount .... and so ... um ... i think they wernt wrong before inthat "small" or well as little as 2 accounts (mains+alts) could do the conquest goals .....

now before the first real major change to conquests .... i never could seem to get even personal till i looked at th objectives and truely tried ... and at that point i could maybe get it ... if i was lucky and planed it out right o.- since then it honest seems like wheither they up the amount needed or dropped it they have made it much easier overall as before they upped it to current i basicly sneezed and i was at the personal already just doing normal activities and was less and less grinding for it o.- .... and honestly for them upping it this last time gave me a reason to start effectivly going for it with effort if i realy wanted it ..... and its not that horried of a number ... more so when you have today unlike in earlier days the ability to litterly just kill random mobs in the world to gain the points (in other words xp and conquest = tied more or less) now your points on improving the system to be more fair ill agree on ... as it dont seem right for a "single" overll guild using its alt/sister guilds to clear the whole board week after week (btw ill note since before my personal guild hasnt ever once tried to get on leaderboard and has never been outside first few hours-days cuz lack of other guilds at time... but never stayed on it till end so we not a super small yet major power over here if you read my words up above wrong) I also think conquest points being gained in diffrent amounts (for xp based ones) isnt right for those under max lvl compared to max lvl players o.- if anything should unbalance that let it be xp/renown/amplifiers boosting effects and such be that reason as they are already ment to mess with the xp rates and such .... and not everyone uses them all the time every time and the amount changed per conquest point is rather small if they even do as is change it up .... (i tend to use full xp gear when lvling new charcters or to get tomax lvl on current but at that normaly only prioritie it during double xp events with xp boosts to use ontop that o.- not realy much outside those double xp events do i 100% use it always in full effect)

@Parfkor, you will notice that I never said ALL small guilds or ALL single/solo players, I said there were some of us.

I’m also not saying it’s 100% impossible for small guilds, I’m saying it’s now impossible for mine and many others who’ve also posted the same opinion.

For people who have the same time constraints as me and prefer to play the way they did before the expansion, it has become much more difficult to play conquest. I don’t think anyone can truthfully say that’s incorrect. Even players achieving the goals have conceded it is harder,

My complaint and that if many others, both here, on reddit and in the game, is we can no longer participate in conquest.

My posts and voice is trying to represent them and not players like yourself or those in big guild. I don’t speak for you and you don’t speak for me. You experiences are different to mine and I would ask you and others to politely to stop making it sound like our play style doesn’t matter just because it works fine for you.

It boils down to this :

* Before Dantooine was released, conquest was terrible and not playable for many people or it wasn’t fun.

* Then Dantooine was released and changes were made to conquest. This allowed us to start playing conquest for fun and extra things to do in the game.

* Then the expansion was released and we went back to not being able to play conquest the way we were before it. Now we have less to do in the game.

I can’t see why people seem to forget we don’t all play the same way. Changing things so a bunch of players are rewarded and others lose things to play is not conducive to keeping the second group of players happy and in the game. It also causes these sort of discussion and resentment from players like me who get talked down to for expressing our frustrations at Bioware for changing things that we lose access to participating in.

So I would ask that you try and put yourself in other peoples shoes and not think your way is the only way.

I also recognise that some people like a challenge and may not have been challenged before. That is why I suggested a scaling system based on the yield you go for. That way you can work towards a target that challenges you and it doesn’t affect players who aren’t up to your lvl or type of play style.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But it’s ironic how Conquest is all of a sudden a problem again when large guilds and people in them can’t reach personal targets.

I’ve been trolled and been derided when I say conquest has been impossible for some of us smaller guilds since the expansion launched. Ive been basically been trolled to stop QQing about it,

But now that this weeks a problem for the masses, conquest finally becomes a problem for them and it gets attention. Honestly I have zero sympathy for those who’ve been deriding me and others like me. I say tooooo bad. Because we already can’t do conquest. And now you know how we feel. It’s not nice is it to not be able to play something you enjoy doing.

1. Lower the personal targets for guild members who run low yield. Why can’t it be scaling so if your guild goes for the low yield, personal targets are 35,000, medium 50,000 and large 60,000.

2. Lower the targets for the lower yield planets to 300,000, increase the yield for medium and large. Guilds that size already have extra buffs to deal with those increases.

3. Increase guild member ship numbers so guilds don’t need sister guilds to accomodate all their members and Alts. This would de-incentivise these guild for going for all 3 planets to win them, ie, the low yield planet this week on Star Forge was won by the same guild as high and medium AND they even beat the highest yield planet with a total of 62,000,000 points, which is insane they are even able to do in the low yield. They should not be there and there should be an incentive great enough to stop them going there.

4. Make it so high lvl characters get the same conquest points as those still lvling up. It is not fair that a lower lvl players can get personal conquest done easier than max lvl.

5. Put back in galactic rampage and the planetary rampages should be there every week. Why galactic was removed is beyond me. It totally made conquest undoable for my small guilds.

6. Points, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all need to be changed or fixed so that people not in massive guilds can do conqest again and have fun

7. I’m sure there are other things you can do to make conquest playable and fun for smaller guilds and individuals with many Alts. Currently it’s not playable for everyone who could do it before and many people and small guilds can’t complete it, so we don’t even bother trying anymore. Which means it’s just less time we spend in the game and more reasons to stop playing and unsub.

Please fix it for us small guys toooooo..

I have to agree with this. I would add make it more reasonable for the smaller guilds to be able to get the better rewards that come with the high yield. Many of our members would like to be able to get the high yield rewards, and enjoy hitting conquest; however, now they see it as more of a grind than ever.

It would be nice if small guilds and casual players could more easily participate in conquest. We are barely able to reach the guild goals, and that is only due to some massive grinding by a few players, who are currently tired of doing so. There is no way we could ever try for an actual planet.

There has got to be a way to rotate planets through various yields and allow small guilds to actually have a chance to be able to win a planet rather than the large guilds always taking the planets.

These latest changes are horrible.

We are a smaller guild / community and quite a few of our friends have left the game due to changes like this that make the game less fun. We lost about 7 members, who left the game and dropped their subs due to the changes in conquest around 5.0. It was mentioned that the conquest changes would help the small guilds but it didn't.

A lot needs to be done, but something has to be done to make it possible for small guilds to better participate in conquest. I have posted in the forums before about the conquest changes and it is frustrating to see the issue worse instead of better. The galactic rampage had certainly helped because even people not interested in conquest objectives were helping the guild to get conquest, and now that was removed.

I understand conquest might not matter to everyone, but from the forums it is evident it matters to a lot of subscribers. I have just spent a couple of hours listening to many of our members "gripe" in voice chat, (sigh) not fun, over the conquest changes. Some people actually had to sign out because of people complaining (sigh).

This is a game with many different types of players and different sizes of communities. They should all be able to enjoy the game. There are many players (subscribers) who like the game, but due to real life they can't play that much, but still run content and still pay their subscription. The changes make it extremely difficult on them to enjoy the game.

I can say many of our community really loved the way Dantooine Conquest was done and really got involved and they are very upset with the changes / nerf.

I am really not liking where the conversations are going in guild and game. These are the same types of rumblings I was hearing before many of our friends left, some of them subs since 2012.

Please, Bioware listen to the feedback and fix conquest along with other issues. Allow all subscribers to have fun and receive rewards and do what they enjoy in game. It isn't about the grind.

Edited by NaiadL

3. Increase guild member ship numbers so guilds don’t need sister guilds to accommodate all their members and Alts. This would de-incentivise these guild for going for all 3 planets to win them, ie, the low yield planet this week on Star Forge was won by the same guild as high and medium AND they even beat the highest yield planet with a total of 62,000,000 points, which is insane they are even able to do in the low yield. They should not be there and there should be an incentive great enough to stop them going there.

6. Points, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all need to be changed or fixed so that people not in massive guilds can do conquest again and have fun

Please fix it for us small guys toooooo...

Just keeping the points but I agree with Trixxie's entire post. Conquest has been impossible for my small guild to complete since 6.0, which has resulted in me playing less and questioning whether I should maintain a sub. Your claims of "play your way" during the lead up to 6.0 are proven false when you make changes to systems to specifically make them less accessible to your players. As Trixxie pointed out, prior to 5.10.3 conquest was inaccessible to many. You changed that with 5.10.3 and made conquest into a system that allowed us to play our way. But with 6.0 you seem to have mostly reneged on those changes and decided that if someone wants to do conquest they have to play your way. So now I'm playing less.

Please restore conquest to an activity that is available to everyone, that allows them to play their way, and that doesn't disproportionately disadvantage small guilds*.

* Yes, I realize not all small guilds. If the statement doesn't apply to you then there's no need to reply, "but my small guild gets conquest!"

@Eric Musco

There seems to be an additional issue with Dantooine where the Veteran's Edge stack do not apply on Dantooine unless you take off and put on your gear again.

Some players report being able to complete the cannon daily afterwards when the stacks are present.

@Parfkor, you will notice that I never said ALL small guilds or ALL single/solo players, I said there were some of us.

I’m also not saying it’s 100% impossible for small guilds, I’m saying it’s now impossible for mine and many others who’ve also posted the same opinion.

For people who have the same time constraints as me and prefer to play the way they did before the expansion, it has become much more difficult to play conquest. I don’t think anyone can truthfully say that’s incorrect. Even players achieving the goals have conceded it is harder,

My complaint and that if many others, both here, on reddit and in the game, is we can no longer participate in conquest.

My posts and voice is trying to represent them and not players like yourself or those in big guild. I don’t speak for you and you don’t speak for me. You experiences are different to mine and I would ask you and others to politely to stop making it sound like our play style doesn’t matter just because it works fine for you.

It boils down to this :

* Before Dantooine was released, conquest was terrible and not playable for many people or it wasn’t fun.

* Then Dantooine was released and changes were made to conquest. This allowed us to start playing conquest for fun and extra things to do in the game.

* Then the expansion was released and we went back to not being able to play conquest the way we were before it. Now we have less to do in the game.

I can’t see why people seem to forget we don’t all play the same way. Changing things so a bunch of players are rewarded and others lose things to play is not conducive to keeping the second group of players happy and in the game. It also causes these sort of discussion and resentment from players like me who get talked down to for expressing our frustrations at Bioware for changing things that we lose access to participating in.

So I would ask that you try and put yourself in other peoples shoes and not think your way is the only way.

I also recognise that some people like a challenge and may not have been challenged before. That is why I suggested a scaling system based on the yield you go for. That way you can work towards a target that challenges you and it doesn’t affect players who aren’t up to your lvl or type of play style.

Exactly, spot on. As a leader of a small guild, I'm 100% backing up what you summarized above. We only recently discovered that it is, in fact, possible for us to do a conquest, only for it to be taken from us a few months later.

Exactly: DEVS, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT PEOPLE PLAY THE GAME IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

Level 70 lock for 95% of all the endgame content was the worst thing Biow did, but it seems that even things on planets are affected in the same manner - that is with insane and extremely unbalanced downgrade on stats - we tried doing ossus wbs for conquest objective - full 24 people group of experienced players and both bosses wiped the floor with us as if we were naked. And the same unbalanced downgrade//stat cap on power+master+endurance stats in any content lower than 75lvl is making repside turret dantooine daily mission 100% impossible to complete.

So very, very much agree with what was said here.

The "unbalanced stat cap" is the number one thing, IMO, that needs to be addressed. I appreciate that you've heard people complain about the crafting situation, and you've put in a plan to fix it. However, the idea that the gear we are grinding to 306 and min-maxing essentially doesn't really matter for almost ALL MMFPs, or Ops or events because you've chosen to squish the stats instead of bringing the content up to max level is problematic.

Players shouldn't have to carry around different relics for 70 content vs 75 content because you've decided mathematically on the backend to cap those stats. Tanks shouldn't have to have a different mods for pre-75 and 75. Why are we grinding to 306 gear if it's completely irrelevant for everything except 1 out of 10 ops, a single fp and 2 daily areas?

Most of us suspect the reasons for this were not necessarily because you thought it was a good idea, but rather were under time constraints. Whatever the reason, though, this is a huge issue, especially pertaining to conquest where you are encouraging the play of older content. I hope, hope, hope to see some kind of acknowledgement or plan to address these issues soon.

@Eric Musco

There seems to be an additional issue with Dantooine where the Veteran's Edge stack do not apply on Dantooine unless you take off and put on your gear again.

Some players report being able to complete the cannon daily afterwards when the stacks are present.

No.

This does solve the veteran’s edge buff, but does not make the turret mission complete able. I just tested it and I still get melted, and that is with using the aoe and shield wisely.

This is a level scaling issue. Ever since 6.0, everything has been at least 30% to 50% harder to beat anything.

It needs to be toned down a few notches.

This is happening to all my characters that are above lvl 70, and have above 300 irating.

Everyone is now complaining about the few people that wanted more challenge. Now we all suffer.

Fleet chat is rampant with complaints.

I’ve sent in numerous bug reports and cs tickets and I got the generic response that things are working as intended. I call bull as I have played almost every day since 6.0’s release, and it is absolutely true that everything is too difficult.

Note, I am a veteran that has played this game since beta testing, and I have never seen anything like this.

I am not the only person that knows or feels this way.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Also, repair bills are getting outrageous from dying repeatedly. I’ve literally spent millions of credits on repair bills in just the last few days. This cannot be sustained for anyone except the super rich people that buy from the credit farmers.

Sorry to be so blunt, but these are the facts.

I was a tank in a group of two other 75s as dps with my rank 50 Nico Okarr healing. We had no problems with the heroics. I didn’t even know the workaround for the veterans Edge buff so I wonder if it’s just a display issue (I’m in 304 gear). And soloing the other dailies was no issue. The ONLY problem is with the turret mission. I’m guessing it’s the same as the walkers in the KOTET chapters and Iokath sentinels. Anyone having the same problem with the turret daily on Iokath?

So very, very much agree with what was said here.

The "unbalanced stat cap" is the number one thing, IMO, that needs to be addressed. I appreciate that you've heard people complain about the crafting situation, and you've put in a plan to fix it. However, the idea that the gear we are grinding to 306 and min-maxing essentially doesn't really matter for almost ALL MMFPs, or Ops or events because you've chosen to squish the stats instead of bringing the content up to max level is problematic.

Players shouldn't have to carry around different relics for 70 content vs 75 content because you've decided mathematically on the backend to cap those stats. Tanks shouldn't have to have a different mods for pre-75 and 75. Why are we grinding to 306 gear if it's completely irrelevant for everything except 1 out of 10 ops, a single fp and 2 daily areas?

Most of us suspect the reasons for this were not necessarily because you thought it was a good idea, but rather were under time constraints. Whatever the reason, though, this is a huge issue, especially pertaining to conquest where you are encouraging the play of older content. I hope, hope, hope to see some kind of acknowledgement or plan to address these issues soon.

As ive done a lot of ossus worldbosses i remember the HP numbers of people i met there. Ive had 162,800 HP on my 258 gear tank and dps players used to have around 140,000+ HP ->>>now both dps and tanks have mere 107k HP max. on Ossus->> this should give some idea about how unbalanced it is. 107k HP is something a newbie player with basic 230 gear used to have. And im not even mentioning the power+mastery stat caps. This imbalance is too extreme and all the endgame content should be properly scaled to the current highest lvl 75, not level locked to lvl 70.

Same downgrade of HP and other power+mastery stats is present on dantooine only slightly better (113k HP max.) so no wonder the turret mission is pretty much near impossible to complete.

And about those missing dailies - im glad you took notice, but im curious - this is first time Pirate Incursion is available since 6.0 -> could it be that it was bugged since then and therefore other things like Galactic Rampage which is missing since the 6.0 start is also bugged in similar fashion?

Edited by Darittha

I would just like to know why Galactic Rampage was completely removed from the conquest rotation.

Maybe it was a mistake, but since 6.0 there has been no Galactic Rampage conquest objective in addition to all the other objectives that are missing.

Biggest mistake ever. It’s one is the main reasons we can’t make conquest in our small guild.