Snoke is Darth Plagueis the Wise

Zidovain

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No

Not even the right species

Darth Plagueis the Wise found a way to "cheat" death or have power over it.. He may have chosen Snoke as his vessel for a reason. Hence, it's not his original form, thus appearing as a different specie. Perhaps done through a similar practice performed by Tenebrae (a.k.a. Vitiate/Valkorion).

No.

In the words of Malastare Senator Ask Aak, "The debate is over."

JJ Abrams, Pablo Hidalgo, and others have officially said, "NO!" Even before that, it was explicitly stated Snoke is not a Sith. The Sith are destroyed...that was the whole point of the prophecy being fulfilled.

All of these half-baked theories are rooted in a trick of language: The question is, "Who is Snoke?" This got twisted into meaning Snoke is *really* someone else. What the question really means is: What's his story? Where did he come from? Just who is this guy?

All we know is he's a dark-side aligned Force-sensitive alien who "watched the Galactic Empire rise and then fall."

No.

JJ Abrams, Pablo Hidalgo, and others have officially said, "NO!" Even before that, it was explicitly stated Snoke is not a Sith. The Sith are destroyed...that was the whole point of the prophecy being fulfilled.

All of these half-baked theories are rooted in a trick of language: The question is, "Who is Snoke?" This got twisted into meaning Snoke is *really* someone else. What the question really means is: What's his story? Where did he come from? Just who is this guy?

All we know is he's a dark-side aligned Force-sensitive alien who "watched the Galactic Empire rise and then fall."

That's a pretty direct approach. That being said, we just can't wait to find out about Snoke's lore. Could he be a major player in the shadows or yet another pawn to awaken a deeper entity from the dark side of the force.

Interesting indeed.

That would be too much of a contradiction of the Plagueis novel and it would be controversial. The Canon so far has not been that different at least where it truly counts and can't be overlooked in comparison to ''Legends''.

Such a move would put it directly opposite to one of the best materials of what is now ''Legends'', which i don't think would be a smart thing.

No.

This can be overcome by saying that Plagueis chose not to be a Sith anymore after surviving in some way Palpatine's attempt. Just a Dark Sider, that's all.

Edited by Kaedusz

Yes?

No?

:sul_confused:

Darth Plagueis was killed by palpatine right before the day palpatine became the supreme chancellor, so there is no chance at all, since palpatine also removed his breathing systems so plagueis was unable to breathe, he eventually died, not being able to save himself (also palpatine electrocuted him and slashed him with his lightsaber, so there is no chance he could have survived

No.

The Sith better not be dead for good.

Sith vs. Jedi is what makes Star Wars awesome, screw the prophecy, the Sith are all about reeling in the Force against itself, not bending to it. I can totally see Kylo Ren being like, "I'm a Sith now," and becoming powerful enough to shatter the prophecy with the dark side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My advice is wait and see.

And since the Darth is a Muun who looks human put on a stretcher and snoke looks like a caricature of Darth sion I would defenitly say no

Plagueis is a Muun in the original canon which disney completely disregards.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 2 weeks later...

No I don't think so. They'll go a different way with him but it's not an unreasonable line to walk down. Plageus might have prepped a transfer in anticipation other than that I can't see Sidious not making sure he did a good job of killing his former master knowing what he knew.

Not that I care. The Disney Wars Universe does not exist, I gave TFA a chance and Abrams and co stuffed it.

No.

The prophecy was balance to the force, which was completed when Anakin killed the Order of the Jedi. Not elimination of the Sith

• 2 months later...
Really not getting why this group of people is so adamant about Snoke being Plagueis.

I mean, why?

Why is there such a vested interest in him being Plageuis?

It doesn't make any sense. :confused:

It's a mere speculation slash theory well pursued by many. An interesting one at that imo.

My personal take on this is that Snoke should not be Plagueis. For a simple reason: It should never be revealed wether or not Plagueis was actually real. The whole point of the scene is that, like Anakin, you are supposed to wonder if Palpatine is telling even a tiny bit of truth or not.

I liked Luceno's book from the Legends continuity (One of my favourite as far as I remember) but Plagueis should remain a mystery. His race, his motivations, and most important of all: If he was real or not.

My personal take on this is that Snoke should not be Plagueis. For a simple reason: It should never be revealed wether or not Plagueis was actually real. The whole point of the scene is that, like Anakin, you are supposed to wonder if Palpatine is telling even a tiny bit of truth or not.

I liked Luceno's book from the Legends continuity (One of my favourite as far as I remember) but Plagueis should remain a mystery. His race, his motivations, and most important of all: If he was real or not.

I guess that boils down to ones own biases. But I see your point, keeping Plagueis a mystery makes his existence even more interesting. But I'm sure at some point he will be revealed, may NOT be as Snoke but as one grand jaw dropping reveal I most certainly would want to see.

Edited by Zidovain

Okay if he is Plageuis or if he is a fresh new character, what's the deal with the wounds. I can't tell if it's cause the cgi got better or if the wounds healed from The Last Jedi trailer to the Force Awakens scene with Snoke.

But go back and look and you will see that he for sure looks different, in my opinion more human and healed.