Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

You guys are a joke! You know dam well that the majority voted to merge servers. You know damn well that you are going to get more APAC players to unsub with this Decision.

Your reason was that you wanted to keep the play styles on the servers but more than 50% of the population were happy to sacrifice the play style to stay on the APAC servers.

We better receive a response saying your real reason for shutting down the APAC servers!

You've taken away competitive swtor for us over the fu.cking retarded noobs that spend money in your cartel market.

May aswell call your gay *** game Dora the explorer

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying: when EU servers were going down the only RP-PVP got closed down. I (and many others) got a choice from going to RP-PvE or PvP server. Argument about players having to sacrifice their play style in this case is not valid imo.

I had to sacrifice my play style. I loved occasional RP banter and talking to most players in-character and having a lot of fun while questing. It was much more than just grouping up and bashing mobs / objective rushing together. And there always was a thrill when you entered a contested area where, again, I could even rp with the enemy. That was my preferred play style and it's gone. I miss it.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

And another note... SOME PLAYERS WERE FINE ON THEIR SERVER. THIS WAS BROUGHT UP MOSTLY BY MASTER DAR'NALA SO YOU'VE FUC.KED PEOPLE WHO WERE HAPPILY PLAYING.

Just goes to show how much of a **** you are and didn't give 2 ***** about anyone.

How hard is it to do cross server PVP and PVE.

You take ideas from WOW and then don't even implement the good ones but yet fail like Blizzard because they too don't care about Aussie's.

The servers are in Sydney and I'm sure they are on the same box, surely you can make cross server integration without merging. Oh wait, this doesn't involve the Cartel Market.

Edited by keitzy

This is the worst option you could have chosen we cannot compete with the ping on US servers. I hope this is an early April fool’s joke cause we will lose so many people from this dumb decision not to mention the countless that intended on coming back to the game once the servers were merged.

Please learn from what you’re paying customers are saying and change this poor decision before you've made a mistake this pathetic.

Hey everyone,

I have an update for you on our long term plans for the APAC servers. Before I do that though I want to let you know up front that we still have quite a bit of work to do to make this happen so I cannot provide any timeframes for you today.

We know that when we asked you, the community, for your opinions on what we should do, we received quite a variety of suggested solutions. Some people wanted to be able to transfer to higher populated North American servers, some suggested merging the three existing APAC servers into one large APAC server, and then there were a host of other ideas as well. However, the one common theme from the suggestions, which we heard clearly, is that everyone wants the opportunity to play on higher populated servers. With this in mind, we have evaluated all of the options and determined that the best solution, that will offer the best long term play experience, is to merge the APAC servers with higher populated North American servers.

Getting to the point of being able to merge the servers is going to be a multistep process. First off we need to update our Free Character Transfer System to include the game changes that we have made recently along with the upcoming changes in Game Update 2.0 and the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We will then offer Free Character Transfers to anyone currently playing on an APAC server to a North American server of the same gameplay type, specifically:

• Mastar Dar’Nala (PvP) will transfer to The Bastion (PvP)
  • Gav Daragon (RP-PvE) will transfer to Begeren Colony (RP-PvE)
  • Dalborra (PvE) will transfer to The Harbinger (PvE)

We will also need to update our server merge technology at which point we will ultimately merge each of the APAC servers into the corresponding North American servers as indicated above. We are moving as quickly as we can to make this happen, but we want to make sure this is a smooth transition, so it will take some time.

Why did we decide not to merge the three APAC servers into one large APAC server? We decided this for two main reasons. 1. The issue in doing this is that two play-styles (PvE, PvE-RP, or PvP) would need to sacrifice their desired play-style in order to have one server with a higher population. We feel that it is important that each player is allowed to continue to play SWTOR in their preferred play-style. Therefore, accommodating all the existing play-styles was a primary goal. By allowing you to move to a NA West server, you will be able to keep your play-style. 2. The move to North American servers better delivers on our ultimate goal of providing the best play experience, with the most possible players, long term.

I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have them. I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!

-eric

So let me get this straight as a launch paying player I was waiting for local servers for 4 months and with 160 ping to west coast US Hyper Cannon Server and with Australian ping being about 50 ping Dalborra and know you want me to go back to 160 ping its all choppy and you die just before killing a player in PVP and it will stuff up people with guilds in USA with Australian members to do raids due to the time difference. I am absolutely angry about this and think the only people who benefit are EA and stuffs up all Australian Players I am also thinking of unsubscribing to this game EA has let Australia down !

Edited by Saffa

To hell with this!

I've been playing this game since the US launch, first day early access back on The Swiftsure. I've loved this game, I still do. But this example of "customer support" is probably the worst I've ever seen. It's blatant ignoring of your customer base and proving that the Aussie customers aren't worth your time. Just like the delayed launch of Aussie servers, you have no respect for us. I've now lost respect for you.

Me and my girlfriend will be unsubbing, and it really upsets me to do so. But this is just disgusting, blatant disregard for what your customers wanted. No matter how much I love this game, "no reward is worth this".

OH GOD! What a BAD decision. I'm seriously asking for a refund on the Expansion. I'm going to have characters on 2 different servers STILL. No option of choosing a server for transferring to. I'm off now to un-subscribe.....:(

Final nail in the coffin. Legacy level 50, over 120 days played.

Basically I'm about to go from 12ms latency to over 200 - and that 12ms was the biggest selling point of the game! I hate you guys @ EAWare so much, this has been such an abusive relationship waiting for content, waiting for communication, poor customer service. Never paying money for one of your games again. I want my $8 back for ROTHC too because ******* you!

dalborra to the harbinger are you kidding me. so my toons are going to a server that crashes at least twice a week and is already id guess pushing it with the current numbers of players. bioware you should have merged the apac servers.

Think about it guys... They have taken out all the costs to support the APAC community which means they can afford to lose 100% of the subscribers so they don't give a **** how many unsub or what the better decision is. They are treating this game as a business rather than a good playing experience for everyone.

We can't win.

I just told my bro I'm coming back to wow.

At least I get answered by their customer support, they fix their game breaking bugs unlike this game which still has beta bugs, use addons and not have a stupid Cartel Market.

So many people transferred from Harbinger to Dalborra and now your making us go back.

I want my money back for ROTHC.

I live in Western Australia and already have a 90ms ping. Why make me play with an even more greater ping.

I guess all this QQ from us Aussie's is a waste of time because it doesn't involve the Cartel Market.

Edited by keitzy

Think about it guys... They have taken out all the costs to support the APAC community which means they can afford to lose 100% of the subscribers so they don't give a **** how many unsub or what the better decision is. They are treating this game as a business rather than a good playing experience for everyone.

We can't win.

We can win, just vote with your wallet.

Huge BW fan here, I've bought so many BW games over the years and really enjoyed them - KOTOR, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I was actually planning to go back through ME3 soon when the last DLC comes out but they won't see that money now. Any future releases I will just wait until they are $2 weekly at my local video shop. Bioware will NEVER see another cent of my money ever again.

Edited by MouldyCrow

Sorry but 30 people isnt alot of players so no you dont have a valid point, GG:csw_yoda:

Yoda was an excellent emote choice for your abysmal sentence construction.

My point is simply that just because someone is going back to WoW as a response, it does not make their complaints hypocritical. It's perfectly valid for a player to prefer WoW but choose to play TOR for a better gaming experience as a result of lower ping.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

To clarify a bit more about this decision. We did previously ask what folks on the forums would like to do as an APAC solution and some, but not all, offered up the solution of merging all APAC into one. The other option on the table was to merge APAC into the NA servers. When we discussed the options internally we looked to address everyone’s primary issues with APAC, low populations were creating a less than optimal game experience.

We went and looked at what current server populations looked like across all of APAC and to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.

One thing to note is that there is no catchall solution here. If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency, but they will have healthy server populations and can remain on their chosen server types. If we merge everyone into one APAC server, latency will remain in place but the current population issues will exist and players will lose their preferred server type. Leaving things as they are leaves all of the current issues in place without a solution at all. This is one of the reasons getting the plan out to you folks took so long, we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric

Add another to the people who will not be resubscribing. I play SW:TOR for the low ping on the Australian Servers. i have characters who never got transferred on the American Servers and while the population is high i find it much harder to play. I will now be looking for another MMO i guess. Simply put EA/Bioware didn't care enough about providing a good gaming experience and just want the fastest and cheapest way out. I also wish that they would not try and justify themselves by saying people will be giving up the way they play by merging the servers. Since open world pvp doesn't really happen except in the dailies areas most people couldn't care less.

Since it appears that they replied i want to say this, we want a larger population yes put we don't mind having to wait a little. We want the Australian Servers and a lot of people on the Australian Servers play for that reason. If we wanted high population servers we would have already gone to the American Servers. If the Australian Servers are closed i for one will not continue playing this game after my subscription runs out and it appears so will many others. Simply the Australian Servers are costing more than the population is worth and it is cheaper and easier to close them.

Edited by Tegual

Hey everyone,

To clarify a bit more about this decision. We did previously ask what folks on the forums would like to do as an APAC solution and some, but not all, offered up the solution of merging all APAC into one. The other option on the table was to merge APAC into the NA servers. When we discussed the options internally we looked to address everyone’s primary issues with APAC, low populations were creating a less than optimal game experience.

We went and looked at what current server populations looked like across all of APAC and to put it simply, even merging all of APAC together into one server would not solve the population problems. Even with that solution you would still see long queue times for things like Warzones and Group Finder. It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option.

One thing to note is that there is no catchall solution here. If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency, but they will have healthy server populations and can remain on their chosen server types. If we merge everyone into one APAC server, latency will remain in place but the current population issues will exist and players will lose their preferred server type. Leaving things as they are leaves all of the current issues in place without a solution at all. This is one of the reasons getting the plan out to you folks took so long, we had to think long and hard about all of the implications of our decision.

-eric

So having 100+ on coruscant, 150+ on fleet, 3 instances of Ilum for gree event is not considered Population? Each planet while questing had at least 30+ on it and that's just PUB side on Dalborra.

Edited by keitzy
Had to put a question mark at end because sometimes americans don't get aussie sarcasm.