Level 50 Legacy

Kiaxn

I talked to Lead Designer Damion Schubert about Legacy Level 50 and potential rewards, and here's what he said:

We are currently looking at things we can add to the Legacy page - in particular, Legacy will need some juicing up after the Cartel Market goes live - but I wouldn't expect any changes until after the Free-to-Play update at least.

Exellent!

It would be nice if at legacy 50 there was a perk allowing you to get a bunch of exp from class quests so world quests became optional. Most of us at legacy 50 have done all the world quests several times over.

I want to see the storys of the 2 classes I haven't seen yet but the thought of doing the world quests again just makes me log off.

I totally agree, having to do the world quests over and over is a PAIN! and one of this game's greatst weakness.

Edited by Inzuher

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My top wishlist for legacy:

1. Option to make datacrons account wide (possibly only available after you unlock ALL possible datacrons on a single character)

2. Crafter's vault - legacy shared vault with at least 3-4 pages

For cartel market all I want is the ability to unlock endgame schematics somehow. Maybe just a (substantial) temporary boost to the chance to learn a schematic.

Solution #1: For every level of legacy you have, you get that % off the cost of account-wide Legacy perks in in-game currency. Level 50? Enjoy having all of those perks and unlocks cost 50% less.

#2: 10 cartel coins per legacy level, every month, if you're subbed. This isn't game-breaking in F2P, it rewards subs and veteran players.

#3: Every time you start a new character, for every 10 levels of legacy, you get to buy one character-specific unlock for free. Keeps those of us at Legacy 50 still rolling new alts.

I like this idea.

You know what really bothers me, is that I spent millions of credits on alts for perks, and now that its going F2P they're probably going to change all that stuff to Cartel Coins... but I'm still out of my millions of credits.

BW: What are you going to do for people like me who have spent credits in-game on Legacy Perks? Seems like a huge slap in the daddy-bag to me.

This.

Why anyone would think they're owed anything for leveling legacy is beyond me since it requires no extra effort on a players part.

I think its more about perks being purchased. I know for me (as I'm sure you've read) its about the credits I've already paid out (credits that I had to grind for because I'm not much of a crafter).

No, some of us actually did the work to get them! I would not mindd to get another Korrealis with anouther paintjob, but the old oney should be just for the people who got them back when we could get them.

you mean back when we just bought em for credits ..........

One very easy change to add significance to Legacy levels is to provide a discount for Legacy perks for each level by which you exceed the requirement. Even if the benefit were small (1% per level), it would be better than nothing, and it could be implemented in less than a day of coding.

and for all the people like me that have leveled one of each class already, geared and with all the perks already, well to hell with us, we dont matter.

and for all the people like me that have leveled one of each class already, geared and with all the perks already, well to hell with us, we dont matter.

Nowhere did I say that is the only thing they should do. Only that it is something they could do easily and quickly.

Also, your entire argument presupposes there will never be another Legacy perk, ever. Given that Legacy items are easy for the devs to make, and a cheap way to bleed players once the game goes F2P, that seems an odd proposition upon which to base your shortsighted comment.