Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

Anakin is what happens when the Jedi refuse to acknowledge human nature. You end with someone who can't control his emotions and turns to the dark side to save a loved one. (Who wouldn't?) This is one of the main reasons I couldn't stand being a Knight or Consular.

The Jedi code is so annoying.

Tell Anakin love is okay. Had he felt comfortable telling Yoda about his dreams he could have explained the meaning to Anakin. Instead he internalized them. It isn't about despair and hate leading to the dark side. It's about being void of the tools to manage it properly and still keep your head.

Thus Darth Vader is born.

Thats the difference between Sith and Jedi, as I understand it. Jedi reject all emotions, including love... while Sith embrace all emotions. Sith don't have to embrace only rage and hate...

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far:

the jedi consular story is very nice, the bountyhunter story quite different from the consulars but also very entertaining. The jedi knight story is not all clear to me yet (but maybe because I chose to play an evil jedi knight).

I've seen both SW and SI completed, and liked them both. SW was probably a bit better.

With both, I'd complain that at the end they

give your toon FAR too much political power at the end. SW is practically ABOVE the Dark Council, and the SI is seated on the Dark Council? Really? That'd be cool for a single player game, but it seems like a bit much for an MMO...

The first act of the Jedi Consular story is beyond boring (most repetitive), and the end of that chapter is quite stupid (why do no Jedi Master accompany you on that mission? Because if one would fail the whole order would be doomed, but they let you go all alone).

I am playing a Consular, he is level 43 now and contrary to what everybody is saying on this thread, I really enjoyed chapter 1 of the storyline, I thought it was very interesting and it really kept me wondering what I would have to do next to stop the problem that was affecting the jedi masters, chapter 2 was just "okay" but it picks up at the end and chapter 3 is definitely very interesting. The companions are lackluster and I don't care for any of them except for Qyzen & Nadia, I have grown very attached to my lizard hehe..the other 3 I would totally ditch them, especially Zenith who is an arrogant and annoying arse.

I started playing a Sith I. and the storyline so far is boring and not very coherent, but then again he's only lvl 8, I hope it gets better as I level up.

I will roll a BH next, since the seem to have one of the best storylines and they definitely have the best companions hand down.

Edited by Rubiconn

I'm playing trooper at the moment, and having a blast with the storyline.

Starts out as a personal, round up the people who betrayed you story, then evolves into a typical star wars plot (wrapping up act 2 with a mission that feels like the suicide mission from ME2 (Is there any way to make sure no one gets injured on this mission?), and while act 3 started slow, the incident with Jaxo really made it personal. I'm excited to see how it ends!

Also been enjoying an IA alt. Trying Sith Warrior next!

Best - Sith Inquisitor

Worst - Jedi Consular

I found the inquisitor to be rather dull, you end up feeling like some errand boy(girl) through 90% of it.

"go gather these things for me because i am much to busy to be bothered with such a trivial task" ... derp

I suppose I should give my reasoning behind my choices.

Best - Sith Inquisitor

The Sith Inquisitor is, as far as I believe, the most well thought out and immersive storyline in the entire game. And I've played through a few storylines and seen pretty much all of them. First of all, I love the idea of starting out as the underdog. A SI starts out as a freakin slave, for pete's sake. Unlike so many other characters, who are born with people "believing in them" and all that, the SI literally has to fight his way to the point of even proving he deserves respect as a person. Also, his is a story of a powerful force adept who has to use cunning to gain the upper hand, not just sheer brute power. I like characters who use their brains. They're much deeper and intriguing than characters like, oh say, the SW who usually deals with problems with a "HULK SMASH" kind of attitude. And playing a light-sided SI is all the more intriguing, as you must use your cunning and, in some cases, even your cruelty to survive and pull ahead, yet you are not a bad person so you don't want to go over the line, yet sometimes desperation blurs the line... It's so much fun! A LOT more intriguing than any other storyline in the game by far.

Worst - Jedi Consular

Yaaaaaaawn. The JC was the absolute first class I played in the game, and by far it has the most boring storyline. Well actually, it's a bit of a tie between that and the IA. But I think the fact that there are hardly any real consequences to the JC's choices give the JC an edge as far as boringness. Not that I really hated it, mind. I think the JC's storyling was intriguing and also fun in it's own way. It's just that when it's compared to the storyline of the other characters in the game, especiall the SI, it seems to fall flat and taste bland.Even when picking mean or dark side choices, the JC just seems so holier-than-thou and goody two shoes. Yes, the JC's storyline can be fun to experience, but why bother when there are so many better storylines in the game?

Anakin is what happens when the Jedi refuse to acknowledge human nature. You end with someone who can't control his emotions and turns to the dark side to save a loved one. (Who wouldn't?) This is one of the main reasons I couldn't stand being a Knight or Consular.

The Jedi code is so annoying.

Tell Anakin love is okay. Had he felt comfortable telling Yoda about his dreams he could have explained the meaning to Anakin. Instead he internalized them. It isn't about despair and hate leading to the dark side. It's about being void of the tools to manage it properly and still keep your head.

Thus Darth Vader is born.

Yup that's why on my Consular I do as I wish... I prefer being good but if a bad guy hurts me or someone I care about (my companions) I kill them

Although the overall story plot wasn't groundbreaking, the way the conversation carried out made smuggler story very enjoyable. So many quotable one liners. But would it kill the developers to

actually let the smuggler get the element of surprise JUST ONCE?!

Consular is one of the worst, without ANY question of shadow of doubt.

It's not even about whether I like "that" kind of story or if those "type" of companions are right for me, it's that the story is literally written very very poorly.

Let me give an easy example (without giving anything away): at the start, you eventually get to a point where you must "urgently" do something. Now, the only reason we know it's "urgent" is because someone had to flat out tell us, as opposed to good story telling, that would set up the dialogue, events, and characters in such a way that WE would FEEL that this was urgent, not because someone just said so.

It's all about characterization. There is NONE of it in first part of the consular story, zero. So you have no empathy or emotions, one way or the other, about ANYONE in your story.

Such a simple story device was completely left out and replaced with "cause we said so", it's pathetic.

Not only that, Consular has the WORSE voice acting. Female Consular flirt is so unenthusiastic and the NPCs respond like you've given them this sexy as flirt >.>.

My Consular didn't even feel like anything cause the voice acting was so poor.

I found the inquisitor to be rather dull, you end up feeling like some errand boy(girl) through 90% of it.

"go gather these things for me because i am much to busy to be bothered with such a trivial task" ... derp

Same with every other class quest.

Feels more like a hit man or a imperial tropper.

Ya, exactly. I don't know, maybe in the SW universe hit man and bounty hunter are the same thing. But I wanted to find the galaxies most wanted. Not just do the imperials dirty work.

Ya, exactly. I don't know, maybe in the SW universe hit man and bounty hunter are the same thing. But I wanted to find the galaxies most wanted. Not just do the imperials dirty work.

they pretty much are. there isn't any kind of legislation or authority governing the profession of bounty hunting in Star Wars. You're just a guy with a gun, a loose set of morals, and expensive tastes.

Was hanging out with Hutts any indication? When most of your work comes from galactic crime lords, it isn't any wonder. The only real structure comes from the Mandalorians, but the Mandos are politically deaf- they don't care for politics. They're only ever around the imps because the work is good and it gives them an excuse to fight jedi.

that being said, the BH STORY IS AWESOME. I totally loved thugging out of control all over the place, shoving my gun into people's teeth.

the sith/jedi stories just feel so contrived- you're playing a cookie cutter character, both the sith and the jedi have titanic bureaucracies and rituals that keep you from feeling like you're really the one making any decisions, there's always a yes sir/no sir higher up tugging on your leash, telling you what to do.

the best part about being a class like bounty hunter is that you show up without the expectation of taking anybody else's crap, and then you pull your piece when you don't like their attitude. You don't feel like there's a Jedi Master or a Sith Lord on your back constantly telling you "Good job! you get a gold star!"

I played Jedi Knight up to 30 and was bored to tears. Destroy this super weapon, stop that doomsday device, etc., etc. Not only was it not engaging -- it had very little to do with the force, or being a Jedi, for that matter. I never really felt like I was accomplishing anything that you couldn't send your average soldier to go do. You don't develop a relationship with a master; you get handed a Padawan like she's yesterday's news, and you work for some guy who wishes he was Admiral Ackbar, but can't quite pull it off.

Sith Warrior, on the other hand, is excellent (just superb, really), up until the end of Chapter I, then falls off like a rock.

Consular has my vote for worst story, although BH has to be up there with it.

I have heard IA is the best, hands down, but at level 18, I guess I just haven't seen much to rave about yet.

Edited by AJediKnight

Sith warrior storyline is fun. Gives you the impression that you're a ****** from the getgo. Currently leveling an inquisitor alt. I do like the feeling of being an underdog working your way up but the early story with zash is somewhat dull to me at level 17. :/

I have 50 BH and IA.

Loved Agent story so much more than Bounty Hunter's.

Minor spoilers ahead.

Bounty hunter has aweome start and final for his story, must give it that. Everything else is boring repetition "kill this one... and this one... and this one... and this one for another employe, etc." Companions are also meh... wannabe bounty hunter, honorable bounty hunter, crazy bounty hunter...

IA on the other hand has: conspiracies, terrorists, brainwashing, mass-murders(depending on story choices), arch-enemy(sort of) and lot more. Companions (except vector, he's awfull) have distinct personalities and interesting stories. And Agent's ship is probably best looking one in game also.

IA is awsome, but your companions suck pretty much, kaliyo is iffy on what she gains affection from, but her responses on some of the class quest decisions are priceless..

it has a lot of decisions with consequences, and at the end of narshada (not gonna spoil it) i promise youd wish you would have a quicksave/load button

trooper isnt going so bad either, but i admit ive been neglecting it for the agent lately

i hear smuggler is " ok" if you play it as dark side as the liners more reflect the scoundrel/smuggler theme

I have played a Consular, Trooper, Smuggler, and seen the Knight's story through around the mid 20s and I would rate them thus far as follows:

1. Smuggler (sorta interesting)

2. Trooper (a bit slow)

3. Knight (a bit slow as well)

4. Consular (dreadfully dull)

Well obviously, everyone who loves SI story will hate JC story. Why? Because they are like night and day. SI is all about yourself while the JC is all about self sacrefice and serving, not being served. I prefer JC story over SI story. :p

The Imperial Agent story is incredible with very memorable supporting casts. You will learn to sympathize with Keeper, Watcher 2, and all the others.

The end of Chapter 1 and beginning of Chapter 2 is a fantastic wham episode. It starts playing mind games with you, and isn't afraid to really let your agent suffer if need be. Chapter 2 is even better, but I do think that Chapter 3 is a step down from the others. Still good, though.

The companions are all great as well, but unfortunately you're stuck with Kaliyo for a long, long time before you get another. If you don't like her, you're in for a rough time.

I'm nearly done the Jedi Consular Chapter 1, and it is mediocre. Where-as the other story are personal, the Consular's is more generic. Really, aside from a technicality just about anyone could go on the Consular's quest. I can't remember the names of any supporting characters aside from Yuon Par. Qyzen is pretty one-note so far (hint: he likes hunting). A bright spot is Theran, who's fun to be around and has the perky sidekick Holiday to keep things going.

The mystery that the Consular storyline revolves around seems really obvious. I say 'seems' because I'm not done Chapter 1, so I could be wrong! We'll see if my prediction is right once I finish.

I've only gotten to the end of Dromund Kaas on the Sith Inquisitor. Both Korriban and Drumond Kaas is fun on the Inquisitor, with a great finale. Zash is a wonderful Master.

I finished Chapter 1 of the Trooper arc, and it's only ok. Great wham episode at the end of Ord Mantell, but after that it's pretty predictable what's going to happen. Didn't try Chapter 2.

The Trooper also suffers a lot from the 'only 1 companion' rule, since they aren't really a squad that works together. I feel like a dope shouting 'Havoc Squad, attack!!' and Aric looks around before realizing it's only him here.

Only done Hutta for the Bounty Hunter, but the story hasn't grabbed me yet. I became a Bounty Hunter to hunt some bounties, not enter a sporting tournament (that admittedly involves hunting). Why would my Hunter care so much about rules and regulations and obeying the mighty Great Hunt government? He should be mercenary, working for anyone! Perhaps it gets better, though.

In Beta I joined up with a Jedi Knight on his final quest, and yikes... it is an epic one.

I played a Smuggler extensively throughout Beta. Chapter 1 is great, with a really fun villain who's able to match you in terms of wits and snarkiness. Your first companion Corso seems very love-him-or-hate-him.

Edited by Excise