Purple grade 6 crew mission nerfs: Why?

Rhesus_TOR

Money goes from one player to another. Apart from the 1% transaction the GTN does not provide a money sink.

True. But the cost of running missions is (arguably) and now the actual credits removed form the game for each purple mat brought into the game doubled.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither having the rich return less than the bountiful, nor having only non-crits affected by this change would make sense in this case. In fact, I can't see any case where the first makes any sense, and I can't see the second making sense unless they want to make crits more important in crafting, in which case it doesn't make sense to not widen the gap on the moderate/abundant/bountiful missions as well.

Sorry, it wasn't really meant as a serious answer. I can't think of any *real* reason that makes sense/fits all the facts, so I gave a stupid reason that might make sense to stupid people, as a way of (snidely) pointing out that there is no good reason for the change as is.

I can confirm that Purple 300 (Lvl 5) Slicing missions also return HALF the mats.

And I know why.

FREE TO PLAY

Don't have enough Purple mats? Buy some in the CARTEL COIN SHOP!

Edited by Gemin

I can confirm that Purple 300 (Lvl 5) Slicing missions also return HALF the mats.

And I know why.

FREE TO PLAY

Don't have enough Purple mats? Buy some in the CARTEL COIN SHOP!

Maybe that you are not that far from truth. Probably this is another change aimed toward F2P, we still don't know what limitations F2P players will have with crew skills. If they have full access to gathering but limited to crafting this would have caused an inflation of materials, so they limited it now. The rich/bountiful thing is a bug.

Just a theory, and i would really like BW/EA to tell us something about this.

I predicted this in several posts I made a while ago in the FTP comments people were discussing. I saw this in LOTRO, which was ruined bt FTP b/c people could buy for real money what players might spend a week grinding out.

This is all about money. Real money. Bioware wants you to spend money in their store, so they are making it harder for players who pay for a monthly subscription.

Shame on you, Bioware.

They are waiting to see how the community reacts before they make up their mind. From the looks of the forums not many people notice or even know whats going on. They will give us the shaft and keep it the way it is adjust your prices up for everything crafted were screwed.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know we're looking into this - I'll let you know as soon as I have any information about it. Thanks for your patience and for bringing it up!

I thank you and appreciate the response here. It is a little late in the game to not have an answer ready.

All grade 6 purple missions now return half what they returned prior to 1.4. Why?

Were exotech stims and purple level 22 augments really that game breaking?

I suspect they simply forgot to re-apply the increase they had in the previous live builds to this build of the game.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know we're looking into this - I'll let you know as soon as I have any information about it. Thanks for your patience and for bringing it up!

I am having trouble with the majority of the rich yield crew skill missions, missions used to return 8 (blue) gemstones or metal now returns 4. Rich Archeology missions for artifacts or crystals seem to be returning about half the number as before.

Edited by mmeador

Waiting to see on this thread from Allison or someone else more reputable than the low-level CS reps giving conflicting info on tickets :p

What's conflicting ? Response is clear. They nerfed it. They just didn't bother to put in the patch notes.

If there's a bug, probably has to do with crits giving the "old" values instead of a new lowered one.

What's conflicting ? Response is clear.

Response would be clear in a world where CS droids carefully read the tickets submitted and understand them. However, experience tells us that is not the world we live in, and any CS droid answer is subject to further conflicting responses and canned answers.

Edited by shadowflit