Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Title might be a little underwhelming for those who bought it early but it's certainly a good deal for everyone else. Anyone that's been playing since RotHC launched and hasn't gotten their money's worth will never be satisfied. Those of us that pre-ordered already got a bonus anyways.

Very smart move by BW with 2 other expansions being mentioned as in the works. If that's how they plan on dealing with digital expansions (meaning only one active at a time and eventually turning into subscriber benefit) I heartily approve! Heck even if it's not this is still a great one-time thing. Perhaps this means we're a bit closer to the next expansion than most of us thought.

I don't understand BioWare's decision on this at all. They're rewarding people who buy their expansion, which is 8 euros (£6 or so), which is cheap as it is, and not giving those who bought it ages ago anything for a reward for further commitment. Yeah we get 500 per month of subscription, and yeah that's nice, but it doesn't necessarily cost 'em anything to give Cartel Coins to people yet we, the people who have had this expansion and game for a good while, almost since release in my own case. And yet, I feel we are being disregarded in a horrific fashion because we have bought all there is to buy from them, yet we are still giving our good earned money to them to play this game.

Title isn't exactly the replacement for a 10 dollar purchase of something that is now becoming a subscriber perk. If the title was the only thing you were giving out, maybe, I could see it as passing by ok. But to then tack on "But if you purchased it in the past 30 days you pretty much get your 10 dollars back in Cartel coins." See that's not going to fly. Rewarding previous purchasers with a title and only the most recent purchasers with, what reads to be, that and the cartel coins, that's not kosher. Everybody who purchased this expansion, especially since it seemed as though it would be the only way to get the expansion, and how you adverted the heck out of it on the bottom of the Cartel store, should get that cartel coin bonus if they previously purchased the expansion.

All I wanted was to purchase it with my cartel coins back when the expansion launched.

But no, you really needed these extra $10 on top of the $15 i already pay every month.

As one of your oh so treasured loyal subscribers, I don't feel so treasured or loyal anymore.

Hmm....

I got to play early and got all the pre-order benefits. For $10. Heck, I would have paid $10 to have the Dr. Oggurobb statue by itself. Not seeing what the rage is about. People why buy it in the free Cartel Coin time only get the expansion, the coins are a thank you for giving Bioware $10 for something they will get for free in two days.

Title isn't exactly the replacement for a 10 dollar purchase of something that is now becoming a subscriber perk. If the title was the only thing you were giving out, maybe, I could see it as passing by ok. But to then tack on "But if you purchased it in the past 30 days you pretty much get your 10 dollars back in Cartel coins." See that's not going to fly. Rewarding previous purchasers with a title and only the most recent purchasers with, what reads to be, that and the cartel coins, that's not kosher. Everybody who purchased this expansion, especially since it seemed as though it would be the only way to get the expansion, and how you adverted the heck out of it on the bottom of the Cartel store, should get that cartel coin bonus if they previously purchased the expansion.

Yes, because when you buy something that goes on sale a week later a store never re-compensates you. That's just unheard of :rolleyes: . You bought it 6 months ago? You've played 6 months longer than people just now getting it, there's your benefit. Would you be playing still if you didn't buy it 6 months ago and you were still level 50? Probably not. You got entertainment for 6 months.

Yes, because when you buy something that goes on sale a week later a store never re-compensates you. That's just unheard of :rolleyes: . You bought it 6 months ago? You've played 6 months longer than people just now getting it, there's your benefit. Would you be playing still if you didn't buy it 6 months ago and you were still level 50? Probably not. You got entertainment for 6 months.

And yet the people who buy it now, who could have bought it 6 months ago, will get an additional 1050 Cartel Coins for the exact same price. Either give us, the loyal subscribers who supported you months ago when you (needed) support or give us something better than a damn title.

you got to do the expansion for 6 months, get a lvl 55 character and all the perks, probably several characters.

wheres the new people (like myself ) bought it less then a month ago and probably haven't even had a chance to even use it yet (my highest character is 42) and to have it now free less then a month later was a waste of $10,

i feel that giving me the $10 amount of cartel coins to offset my purchase of the expansion is appropriate (it's within the 30 day return policy that 99% of stores these days have after all ) look at it like you paid $10 for a 5 month head start above everybody else.

I bought a Ford Mustang about 6 months ago. Just today, Ford announced that everyone who owns any Ford vehicle would be given a free Mustang in 3 days. Those of us who already own a Mustang, we'd get a special license plate cover to put on ours.

But that's just fine, because I got to drive my Mustang for 6 months longer than everyone who's about to get one for free.

Edited by DarthTHC

Also, aside from very serious raiders, who are you expecting to buy your next digital expansion? If you're going to give it away for free, most people will just wait it out....

Yet another smart move...

Except they won't. Because they'll run out of content and cave seeing everyone in new gear, with a higher level and they'll buy it.

And yet the people who buy it now, who could have bought it 6 months ago, will get an additional 1050 Cartel Coins for the exact same price. Either give us, the loyal subscribers who supported you months ago when you (needed) support or give us something better than a damn title.

They get 1050 coins for recently buying something that's going free in 2 days. Your perk was 6 months of new content.

Really people, this only affects people just joining(Or those who have joined in the last month). Stop complaining because you didn't get something, this will only benefit people that got this game 6 months ago.

Edited by Kalshic

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More

Ok, so you've put the one major story update since release (and, given how "important" story content apparently is down in Texas, the only story update we'll get) up as free to subscribers because... you've suddenly remembered that you promised never to charge for story content?

Because story content is no longer going to be produced, so you're making what's been done free?

Or :eek:

You've got ANOTHER expansion coming out in 2014 that HAS STORY CONTENT?

Or is it really just a "gosh, let's do something nice"?

Also, aside from very serious raiders, who are you expecting to buy your next digital expansion? If you're going to give it away for free, most people will just wait it out....

Yet another smart move...

Nope. If you think the majority of people are going to wait out space you're beyond clueless.

Edited by Inflicktion

You early adopters paid for the expansion to let bioware know that was something you wanted. To pay for the devs who put hard work into making it. for 6 months of playtime new players coming in did not have access to. Also, preorderers also got a few nice things that new people will not have access to.

but not, lets complain about the people who JUST bought it getting a refund instead of the people who had it for half a year (because that makes sense.) Also, lets forget the pros coming out of this: a larger community for stuff like tfb, snv, tc, and the new daily area. More people for 55 pvp and hm55 flashpoints.

Thank you Bioware for giving some of my guildies the ability to endgame raid with me, and enjoy the game as much as i do (most of the time.)