Yuuzhan Vong Story arc

Coruscantbound

Fate of the Jedi actually has some good stuff in it, it just has one massive gaping flaw that is Abeloth. And this is coming from someone who actually liked the Mortis arc on TCW.

And if you want to play with Vong, check out the Sins of a Galactic Empire mod for Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion. Lets you play as Republic, CIS, Empire, Rebels, New Republic and Vong. I think they're even working on TOR era Republic and Empire

Fate of the jedi could of been written without Abeolth and been good. I just don't like how between the writers it felt like I was constantly changing gears.

Why I like the x-wing books so much, 1 writer 1 direction.

Fate of the jedi could of been written without Abeolth and been good. I just don't like how between the writers it felt like I was constantly changing gears.

Why I like the x-wing books so much, 1 writer 1 direction.

Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston were the same person this whole time? :eek:

• 3 years later...
Since Disney disney'd Star Wars, flippantly tossing out YEARS of novels and storylines and character developement (a rant for another time), one thing that I'd truly LOVE to see is the appearance of the Yuuzhan Vong. In the novels, they proved to be a very hard challenge to the Jedi of the time. I think that it would be a great story arc for SWTOR. Thoughts anyone?

I don't think is possible because of the time gap... Unless they introduce "The World between Worlds" that is canon... because of how it was mention or explain to work... with something like that in game, they could even have us interact with Old KotOR (of previous games) story lines or even far in to the future to the 1-6 (or even to 7-9, omg can you imagine romancing Ben, Ray, Finn haha xD) famous canon timelines or deep into Legends against Abaloth and all that ancient history we Legends fan love... Basically limitless or timeless story chapters. Meet Luke from Legends and Luke from canon 1-9, even a mix of realities... you know crazy stuff like that... (I think)

Beyond that I really have no idea how SWTOR could get away with jumping that many years... then again at this point we don't really know how far THIS games story will go... or if it will ever have enough support to pop-out content.

I love this game so I'm keeping my fingers cross, hope for the best for the community of supporting players and the team of devs that are hard at work giving us such good RPG story content. Both of them make this game so much fun! (IMO) :)

Edited by Zehal

The Yuuzhan Vong are mentioned in the first KOTOR. Canderous Odor mentions an Extra-Galactic Race scounting along the Rim.

I... I never considered that those might be the Yuuzhan Vong, holy ****.

You know, i was gonna go on a rant how, regardless of how much i like or dislike the Yuuzhan Vong arc, they simply wouldn't fit in SWTOR since they appear several thousand years in the future, but if what Canderous described could actually be them, then it could actually make sense.

Imagine, suddenly you get reports of several sightings similar to what Canderous described, you are sent to investigate, and it turns out to be a Yuuzhan Vong scout fleet. If something like this does get implemented, i would prefer it be on a smaller scale, not a galaxy-wide conflict. Restrict it to one or a couple outer rim systems, and your mission is to destroy the fleet before they leave the galaxy and call the cavalry, all the while trying to keep the war a secret from the rest of the galaxy to avoid all-out panic in an already war-torn and chaotic time.

They would make an excelent enemy as they would prove a challenge for both force users and "normal" people, so nobody would feel out of place.

The more i think about this the more i like the idea.

I... I never considered that those might be the Yuuzhan Vong, holy ****.

You know, i was gonna go on a rant how, regardless of how much i like or dislike the Yuuzhan Vong arc, they simply wouldn't fit in SWTOR since they appear several thousand years in the future, but if what Canderous described could actually be them, then it could actually make sense.

Imagine, suddenly you get reports of several sightings similar to what Canderous described, you are sent to investigate, and it turns out to be a Yuuzhan Vong scout fleet. If something like this does get implemented, i would prefer it be on a smaller scale, not a galaxy-wide conflict. Restrict it to one or a couple outer rim systems, and your mission is to destroy the fleet before they leave the galaxy and call the cavalry, all the while trying to keep the war a secret from the rest of the galaxy to avoid all-out panic in an already war-torn and chaotic time.

They would make an excelent enemy as they would prove a challenge for both force users and "normal" people, so nobody would feel out of place.

The more i think about this the more i like the idea.

Yeah a skirmish with the scouts is all we can have at this point, though I personally find it unlikely they'll tackle the Yuuzhan Vong within the game.

ugh. Leave the Vong out of Swtor. That was a horrible series of Novels. I wish BW had never had that in Kotor either.

That's just like... your opinion man. And its an easter-egg you're kind of overreacting.

Yeah, no. Vong are some of the most meh ides and storylines of old post-ROTJ EU. Also, we do not really need yet another super powerful empire from beyond the stars, we just ended with one...

They're actually pretty great, it was something new.